treadmill repair

shev16

Does anyone happen to know how I would get a treadmill looked at and repaired? The treadmill is about 4 years old and I think the belt is just warped but my DH wants to have someone look at it before we spend 100 dollars on a new belt. (found belts online) It is too big and heavy to drag to a store and none of the fitness stores around us carry the model anymore. I also checked the yellow pages online but nothing was even close to our area. I thought I would check with a gym to see if they had contacts for their treadmills but I thought maybe someone here would have some suggestions. I need some major cardio to melt the fat covering my "Cathe made muscles"!! Thanks for any suggestions!

Shev

I have a six year old treadmill that recently required a repair of the belt as well. I originally bought it from a fitness equipment store that went out of business so I wasn't sure what to do about it.

I just called around to the various fitness equipment stores that provide service until I found one that was familiar with my brand of treadmill. They came out, inspected it, ordered the replacement belt, replaced it and the treadmill works great now. It was about $125 for everything. So hopefully you have a local fitness equipment store that can fix it for you.

You can also check Treadmilldoctor.com. I needed service on my then 10 year old treadmill and didn't know where to turn, not sure if I could trust dealers (who might be more interested in selling me another treadmill). Via Treadmill Doc, I found a great local repair service. I got a tune up and new belt for a little over $125 as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.