Travis Eliot's The Ultimate Yogi (12 DVD set) reviews please

janiejoey

Cathlete
Been truly looking for a complete yoga system.

Usually if I'm sparked up enough, I buy it. This time (there is no hurry) would like anyone who has this system to chime in please and tell me what you think of Travis's yoga 12 DVD set system.

Thank you in advanced for taking the time to reply. It's appreciated.

Janie

Best Yoga system there is! Travis is an awesome teacher. Go check out the reviews on Amazon, out of like 70 reviews it got 5 stars. It definitely made me into a yoga lover! HLH! Linda

Last edited:
It was exactly what I was looking for - a challenge. A lot of yoga practices I have tried in the past bored me. As soon as I started, I couldn't wait for it to be over. With Travis, the time flies by before you realize the workout is over.

Buy it. You will love it.

It's the best! I look forward to these workouts. Challenging yet relaxing at the same time! Buy them for sure!

I bought this system and it's awesome! It's a power yoga system that's challenging yet approachable at the same time. It has a very wide range of practices from strength to cardio to flexibility to backbending to twisting to balance to crosstraining to a slower stretchy yin and gentle practice. He covered all bases with this one. It's also a very well produced set, beautiful studio, camera angles, music and outdoor setting. Just superb. His cueing is excellent and kind of reminds you of Bryan Kest in his rhyming and cadence. You can tell he was trained by him and learned well and brought it to a new level of sequencing. You will love it if you're in for a good challenge and getting stronger and stretchier and more balanced. You can also check out my yoga blog for some of my reviews and clips of some of his practices. I haven't done all his discs yet as I'm still working through them: Fit Chick Yoga ... and all is coming.. If you scroll down my blog and see the "LABELS" list on the right sidebar, click the Travis Eliot label and you get all my posts for Travis. You'll see I'm almost as in love with Travis as with Cathe. ;) I also have lots of Cathe posts so enjoy. :D

I couldn't agree more with what the OPs have said. I've completed the 108 day programme - wow. It made a huge difference to my body. The last day, 108 sun salutations was intense! And I got the worst (best?) DOMs ever in my glutes.
Don't even think of getting it if you see yoga as 'relaxing' or 'a day off'.
It helps your body cope with all other aspects of fitness, too.
Justine

Beautiful practice. The production is excellent. I waited a long time to buy this because I wasn't sure how I would like Travis. Love him. Best yoga DVDs I have ever bought. You can get his Foundations to see what you think. Liked it so much I went ahead and ordered UY. Up there with best purchases ever.

picked this up at a discount, I haven't had much success with yoga, although P90X was sort of a break through, I didn't exactly get it, but I managed that one without hurting anything. I wanted to get yoga for a long time, it just never clicked.

so I wasn't going to spend much for something "I don't get" really. I read a mountain of reviews and a bunch of people said they slept better, in addition to a lot of other yoga-type benefits, that's the one that sold me. sleep. I've only just started. I would love to be able to do Cathe, or any other regular workouts and run but I can't. I just drive myself into fatigue.

That's my windy way of saying, after my lengthy experience of one entire week of Ultimate Yogi, I can sleep, soundly, I can do this with running, obviously (if I follow the 75-80% effort suggestion) i can do it without torquing anything (actually told that to myself before I started and was delighted when I heard it in one of the videos) and most importantly, I get it. It works really good with running, even Mt. Pose falls on long run day.

It would have been worth full price, of course I couldn't know that at the time. You might find some deals and I think there is a Thanksgiving code at Ultimate Yogi. I'm going for the 108 days or as long as I sleep well.

I agree with what everyone else has said. I really enjoy this set. I also have Short & Sweet which I find to be the perfect add-on many days, since it has 3 30 minute workouts. If you purchase from UY, I saw they do have a Thanksgiving discount. Plus there is a box set that also includes Foundations and Short & Sweet.

I didn't like the packaging of the set and several of my DVDs were scratched. I contacted UY and they were replaced without any questions. I store my DVDs in a case like we have with Xtrain.

Lisa

I, too, am a lover. Travis is really great at leading you through the poses, and I love his voice. I also agree with PP on the Short and Sweet set - this is three thirty-minute practices, and are a great add-on. I love the full UY set, and have my favorites in there (cross-training, flexibility, strength), but I tend to do the S&S more often because it is easier for me to fit in 30 minutes and sometimes I just sub that in for a long stretch.

Thank you everyone, you are awesome,

For your opinions and sharing your experience/reviews of Travis Eliot (12) DVD Series.

I decided to purchase Travis Elliot's "The Ultimate Yogi (12 disc set) $109.99, but got it on Amazon from a 2nd party for $59.94 new.

I'm on the 4th disc of Cathe's STS Series 6.5 months and needed/wanted something (along with cardio) to do on the days without weight training. This is going to be perfect. Even after the STS Series, these yoga DVD's will certainty be used much of the time. Even for the 108 days recommended, who knows?

Just got a notice today that Amazon shipped it. Will take the suggestion and also purchase Travis's Short & Sweet today.

I can't wait!

Janie

Last edited:
I have been looking at this system for months. I would love to know how everyone incorporated this into their workout routine. Did you do the system alone or did you include Cathe workouts too?

Thank you!

janiejoey - nice, I think it will go excellent with STS or any other intense lifting program, I'm finding it's going good with the running, kind of just works all the kinks out, some of the disc are challenging. I may have to incorporate some of those other things at some point this winter.

Murphymax - I do the yoga either before or after running, depending on the day, sometimes pair the Hardcore disc with meditation later in the day, otherwise I forget to do the meditation if it gets too late. These would complement Cathe's new workouts nicely.

Travis seems to be pretty popular! What would any of you suggest for a newbie at yoga? I have 2 of Cathe's, plus her stretch dvd. I also have one of Rodney Lee (or Yee). But I kind of want something of Travis' because of his excellent reputation and the rave reviews. Thanks!

Travis seems to be pretty popular! What would any of you suggest for a newbie at yoga? I have 2 of Cathe's, plus her stretch dvd. I also have one of Rodney Lee (or Yee). But I kind of want something of Travis' because of his excellent reputation and the rave reviews. Thanks!

Can't help, I think I failed at yoga as many times as I failed at running (a lot), now I'm doing both, go figure. Absolutely have no idea how I got to this point. Travis does talk you through the poses but some of it moves rather quickly...maybe someone more familiar can help you.

Hi all -
Janiejoey - so glad you got the dvds - and at such a good price.

Murphymax - I did the 108 day programme alongside STS. It fits really well. I did the yoga as my 'double' - they really are hard enough to count as a proper workout (IMO :eek: ). It takes a bit of getting to know each disk to work out how to synchronise the two programmes, but the combinations can be wonderful. On an STS day UYcardio works well - but then UYYinyoga is also great (especially after a leg workout). On a day I've done a cardio workout in the morning, I rather like UYCrosstrain, or UYStrength in the evening. And UYMountain series is super after a chest, back and shoulders day!

tlc93 - Yoga Foundations is good - but I moved on after only doing it a couple of times (I found 2 of the practises quite dull, but the middle one was good) - it was the first time I'd really got into yoga, so I'm glad I did Foundations, but UY is sooooo much better. I find time flies. Even holding poses for 7 minutes (yep 7!!) seems to pass in an instant.

Travis's English is a bit weird at times (he speaks in tautologies eg 'move the other way in the opposite direction') and (my being Brit) I find I can't always quite tell what he says. BUT he is amazing and adorable, and I forgive him.;)

Enjoy everyone!
Justine

I know absolutely nothing about yoga~ suggestions on what dvd I should get would be helpful! thanks

I suggest Foundations by Travis Eliot. You will need to know the names of practice poses and I believe this would be great for a beginner. Then go to Ultimate Yogi by him as well.

Janie

janiejoey - So did you get to try out the program? what do you think?

I've missed a couple days, overall though it's really good, very challenging sometimes, and I get more out of it each week. I have to say though, I've found myself missing the weights. I think I'll keep with it through the winter.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.