TRacey Staehle new kickbox dvd

marymac

Cathlete
Does anyone have this yet, and am wondering how it is. Intensity wise. Thanks, I am thinking of purchasing.

Mary

Hi mary I have it. I have not tried it yet. I am doing STS/
shock cardio rotation right now I am thinking about replacing
MMA kickboxing with Tracey's. I think if I remember correctly
Thursday is kickboxing...I will check this thread after
Tracy

Mary,

I have it and just tried it yesterday. I really like, (almost love) it. I burned tons of calories, and it was fun to do. It's lead by Tracey, Joseph & Jericho, and they have great chemistry together. There are some really fun combos in this workout, and the workout was over before I knew it. I used my l lb. weighted gloves, but honestly, I could have still gotten a great workout without using them. If you enjoy kickboxing, I think you will like this one :)

Iris, how is the choreography? I don't like choreographed kickboxing so it's a deal breaker for me if it's too complex. TIA.

I think the choreography is pretty basic and easy to catch on. You may have to rewind and watch a bit before you can get the full affect of the workout, but I think the workout itself is easy to learn, and easy to modify as well. I wasn't crazy about Strike Zone, but this one I really liked from the moment I previewed it.

I have it and I really like it as well. It's pretty challenging, very fun, and easy to learn. Although I picked up the moves on the first try, I know it will get more intense when I know the workout a little better. I give it a thumbs up!

I've been disappointed by Tracey workouts in the past, and thought I was done with her as an instructor, but the reviews and clips on this one convinced me to order it. It definitely looks fun and intense, the jumps are all optional and modifications are shown throughout, and there don't seem to be any pivoting moves (which, for me, don't seem to do much for intensity).

I'm looking forward to trying to match Josef's speed on those speed bags!

I've been disappointed by Tracey workouts in the past, and thought I was done with her as an instructor, but the reviews and clips on this one convinced me to order it. It definitely looks fun and intense, the jumps are all optional and modifications are shown throughout, and there don't seem to be any pivoting moves (which, for me, don't seem to do much for intensity).

I'm looking forward to trying to match Josef's speed on those speed bags!

There is one move where Tracey rotates four round house kicks around the clock. She pivots, but because I workout on puzzle mats I jump it. It makes the move more intense for me anyway!

I used 1 lb. gloves, and I had a very hard time keeping up with Josef's speed -- I lagged some of the time. He's really energetic in this workout!

LOVE it! Short, basic, super intense combos, great set, fabulous music--I just cannot say enough about it! I've been waiting for this one for a while--Strike Zone is probably my favorite KB w/o, & this takes it all to a whole new level.

One of the things I really love about Tracey is she's not afraid to share the spotlight if it'll make her workout better, & having Josef & Jericho definitely triples the fun. :) Josef is his usual awesome bad a$$ self, & Jericho is just a little dynamo. I hope she keeps filming w/these two for years to come--looking forward to more workouts just like it!

I like this one, too.

Although the off-the-beat moves in SZ didn't ruin the whole workout for me, I did notice it and I would've been happier overall if everyone had been kicking and punching in time with the music. But even with that minor (to me) issue, I still love SZ and do it often.

But this is even BETTER. Harder, faster, and all on the beat! Fun combos, easy to learn on the first try, and a solid calorie torcher on top of it all.

I also appreciate the collaborative approach Tracey takes with these - and not only because Josef is hot (although that certainly doesn't hurt). I think it's cool to get the creative benefit of 3 instructors for the price of 1! And it's more interesting than the more traditional "background exercisers." Don't get me wrong - I like the kind of fitness class atmosphere of having more than 1 person appear on the DVD - I just think it's cool that she chose to let them step up and be useful. And hot.

Thanks Tracey! I knew it would be fun. :)

I did this workout this morning and had a blast. It was a really fun kickboxing workout and went by in a flash. Tracey did an extremely good job with this workout!

Thanks for all the feedback. I am definetly going to buy. I realize with Cathe's new MMA's that I miss doing kickboxing. I look forward to having some straightforward routines. I have a bunch of Amy Bento's, but I haven't done them in so long because of the choreography. This sounds like more my speed.

Thanks again,

Mary

Oh dear ... I have so many unopened from Christmas ... but this is SO TEMPTING!

How much floor space does this one use?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.