Total Body Blast Ck In

Hi Everyone,
I was going to take the day off and maybe just go for a walk, but I feel up to a challenge. I think I'll do the PUB and see if I can do better on the bicep curls. I'm a wimp at those 15#er's.
And I want to see if I can stay on the ball this time with those jackknife planks. I'm going to master that if it's the last thing I do.:D
Have a great workout day, or a relaxing one with family and friends.

Wanda

Hi Everybody,
Imax 2 was much easier today. I got winded on the last froggy jump but I think do this class more often in this rotation helped. It could be just me, but I think Imax 2 is more user friendly than Imax. I will try Imax before long and compare it. What are your thoughts by now?

Yesterday the 15# db's were better during PUB. I paused a little bit between the 12# set and picking up the 15's but...at least I didn't have to sit down for them this time. Yea! Donna, they really do get better. :D

See ya tomorrow.
Wanda

Hey all,

Did BootCamp this morning, those "terminator climbers" weren't any easier this week! It did flow better since I knew how to position my equipment so I could go from one "station" to another. The cardio was more do-able also, I guess when you really think about it being 1 minute, you really can do "almost" anything for 1 minute! :)
And why the sumo squats in BootCamp are easier on me than in Imax 2 I'll never know? Maybe it's because they come so much later in Imax and I'm drained?
But I do like the BootCamp workout, it does get your heart rate up there! You know you've worked out after that one!

See ya tomorrow :)

Donna

Fitness~It's a journey, not a race!

Hi guys!

Today was Muscle Endurance - I think it was harder today than last time!! My tris are definately my weak point.

Ya know, I think "hey I can do that for a minute" but when the burn gets intense...AAHH!
I have got to get on top of my diet though - I love chocolate and know I would be in much better shape if I ate better.

Thank you for the welcome. On to IMAX2 tomorrow - I love that one!!

Cathy

My last check in for a while (long & pathetic)....

I HURT MYSELF!!! I am so out of commission that I loaned all of my Intensity series out to a couple of friends. I couldn't even stand up yesterday. I spoke with a personal trainer friend of mine, he told me that I need to stop doing dead lifts & bent over lat rows.

Let me qualify that--I have spinal stenosis & disc degeneration. My physical therapist told me to NEVER lift weights at all ever again. Yeah, like that was going to happen. So, after intense therapy last year, I started back with very light weights--3 & 5lb only. It took me 3 months to work myself back up to decent weights & another 3 months to get heavier than I ever have. I was seeing great results. Then the Intensity series arrived on my door step. I went at it with a vengance. I was still going pretty light on dead lifts because I wasn't sure about the form & I felt them in my low back, not in a bad way but I felt them. Or so I thought.

On Friday when I posted that I was going to do C&W, I went heavier than I had the first time I did it but still pretty light--getting used to the tape. My low back was starting to hurt but I wasn't concerned because of my "illness." I felt pretty good doing everything except dead lifts. So, I used 3 lb dumbbells for that series. Saturday morning, I climbed out of my bed & went right down to the floor in excrutiating pain! I took a couple of deep breaths, got off the floor & made my way to the couch. Where I sat for a couple of hours. When I started moving again, my entire back was tense but it wasn't that bad. Fast forward to Sunday morning--I couldn't even stand up straight. I couldn't hold anything heavier than a coffee mug. When I got undressed to take a shower, I looked in the mirror & gasped (literally). My back was in such spasm that my torso is contorted unnaturally.

So, I thought "ok, I've definitely overdone it." I packed up my tapes & brought them to church for 2 friends that have just been waiting for me to finish this rotation so they could try them out. You should have seen the delite in their eyes (mixed with sympathy of course). They know my back issues & have worked with me through them but to get these tapes was so exciting for them! They actually had a moment of jealousy over who got which tapes! One said to me "but I thought you love me best!" LOL! So, while I am really bumming over the forced time away from exercising, I get to share my new toys with great friends!

My back feels better today than it has all weekend. I'm taking it really easy for a couple of weeks, I guess. It will be tough because I was seeing great progress but I have to get right again.

I'll watch your progress & wait to see what results you all get with this rotation.

Deborah
http://www.mindundermuscle.com/web pages/banners/HelpBanner.gif

RE: My last check in for a while (long & pathetic)....

Oh Deborah,:-(
I'm so very sorry to hear about your setback. Please take all the time your body needs to rest and heal. With my lupus, I well know what setbacks are. I well know the frustrations of having to start at ground zero time and time again. But....there is always the satisfaction that when you get back to exercising, you start seeing progress again.

That is why I mentioned on another thread, to never compare ourselves with someone else. Each one of us has our own dragons to fight.

When I have my downtime, there are moments of depression. Lots of negative thoughts. The...I will never be able to do this or that. It really really helps though, to think of all the things that you can do even right now, no matter how small.
Above all, to be kind to oneself. When the body says "I'm in pain and I want you to stop what you've been doing right now!"
It is a good idea to do listen.
I found out the hard way. What happens is, the body replied back.. "okay since you didn't take a little rest, I will make you take a much longer rest."

Again, I feel your pain and wish you a speedy recovery on your setback. I realize there is no cure at the moment for your spine's degeneration, but I wish you the much needed relief from your pain.
The pain is coming from inflammation, right?

Just because you aren't doing the Intense Series, doens't mean you aren't welcome here. I for one would love for you to check in and talk about your experiences etc.
For example, I saw that Francine asked you to go to Cathe's. Have you been there before?
You see, there are tons and tons of things you know that could be encouraging.

Please get better soon,
Wanda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.