Top ten non-cathe videos!

RE: Ditto

I agree with Starlight, I'm sure nobody intended to insult anyone! I'm overweight myself (although I have lost most of my unwanted weight), so please do not feel unwelcome

Can't comment on the non-Cathe vids, cuz I don't even have my Cathe vids yet!

Janick

I know Kathy Smith doesn't produce tapes geared toward advanced exercisers, which I don't consider myself at all anyway, but I still enjoy doing her Power Step, Weight Loss and Secrets of a Great Body tapes. I also like Charlene Prickett. Her choreography is simple; ie: Low Impact, High Intensity.

Actually I agree with you on the Kathy Smith tapes you mentioned, especially Secrets Of...
That was my first serious attempt at fitness, using those tapes, & I got very good results, too!
Ruth

Hi Jenzy,
Please give this forum one more try, okay? I've been hanging out here for almost one year now and have found it a wonderfully supportive atmosphere. Hope you give it another chance. You are welcome here, I promise.

Lisa

I used Kathy Smith's Power Step workout and Karen Voight's Energy Sprint for a long time. After doing those two for a while, I was ready for Cathe's stuff! I still do KS's Power Step when I'm not feeling like a 'speed demon' but still want to work hard (it's a slower tempo than Cathe's).

I also like KS's new Fat Burning Breakthrough workout for a short day or as an add-on to a cardio workout.

I admit, KV's ES is collecting dust now, but one workout I still use of KV's is Strong Arms & Abs. It's great for a day I want a shorter upper body workout, I usually use pretty heavy weights and go double tempo (more like Cathe's speed) for most exercises.

Absolutely any Christi Taylor step thing (and hi/lo as I hear) is just outstanding! Can't wait to try Still Steppin'!

I like to do Keli Robert's step tape, just for the fun of it. Sometimes I'll do that and then Body Pump ~ an evening with the Australians!

CIA 9905 with Franny Bendetto is one of my favorites!

Once in a while I'll enjoy doing Charlene Prickett's Step it All Off. I think it's one of her better step videos, and the scenery is wonderful!

And, like many have already said, CIA Power Bar Training is great! There's something they do that make my glutes so sore the next day!

Joyce Vedral's Bottom's Up ~ Upper Body workout is really effective too.

One thing I really like by Kari Anderson is Body Tech. It's kind of short but really efficient, great for a day when you don't have a lot of time.

Whew, I could really go on! Now I'm just getting all excited to do my workout after I get home from work today! Can't wait! :-jumpy

Oh thanks, I don't really feel unwelcome, but I do think that we don't need negative comments about overweight people. That's all. I won't let it keep me away.

The comment made about the "overweight gal" just rubbed me the wrong way since the assumption is that an overweight person cannot be in that great shape and therefore "shamed" the person into completing the workout as presented.

I know that body composition is an element of fitness and weight loss is one of my goals, too, but I just thought the comment betrayed a kind of attitude I am not crazy about. Probably shouldn't have said anything. This seems like a fine forum.

"Secrets"

This is one of my favorite weight training routines. Most of the exercises, if not all, come from Jerry Robinson (I think I have the name right, he's credited at the end of the video), who's written a lot of training manuals for exercising correctly and efficiently.

Hi,
For those of you who have kelli Roberts' tapes...are they all like Ultimate step? I really liked the production and the music on that step tape...I heard the kickbox tape she did for CIA has poor production quality...I want to try some of her other tapes but only if they look and sound as good as ultimate step.
My Top Ten:
1. vol 1 the firm
2. ultimate step Kelli roberts
3. volume 4 the firm
4. Super cardio
5. Corey Everson's Chest,triceps and shoulders tape...only because it gave me quick results...not because of production/format/music
6. Cardio burn
7. Power yoga by Bryan kest
8. The empire strikes back

I apologize from the bottom of my heart, jenzy35!

I just reread my post, and I didn't express myself well at all! What I meant to say was that I identify with that girl! I get tired of videos in which the entire workout cast is thin and perfect. It's easy for me to look at them and say, well, of course I can't do what they're doing, because I'm hauling around a lot more weight than they are! That gal in Energy Sprint is motivating because she's proof that "extra" pounds are no excuse for being unfit. Same deal with Gin Miller--she's not a featherweight who starves herself for the camera, but she's tremendously fit and also quite lovely in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm really sorry for expressing myself so badly. Please stick around--if you're interested in fitness you totally belong here!

Laura

To Jenzy 35

I started fitness training at the fine weight of 230#.(You can Not surprise me with any hurt overweight brings.) SO, what we're saying is that Karen's model inspires us to do what we Know what we can do. And you can do, too!!! We've all either been there or trying to prevent it on this forum. (There are some days I still say no way--but do anyway.) This is a good place for you. Stay with us.

Very tough question as most of my top ten would be Cathe. But other tapes I do enjoy.....

Reebok Intense Moves, Gin Miller
CIA Extreme Intervals and Pump Party, Mindy Mylrea
The FIRM-TBSM
The FIRM-TT
CIA 9701 Step, Donna Read.
Boxing Body TKO, Debbie Burns
The FIRM-SS
Body Pump, Mixed, Kiwis and Aussies
Energy Sprint, Karen Voight
Body Bar Callenge, Keli Roberts (Anything and everything by Keli I enjoy, not just this tape)

RE: I apologize from the bottom of my heart, jenzy35!

Laura,

I accept your apology fully! I am sure you didn't mean to insult anyone and I think because this was the first thread I read, it just hit me the wrong way. In fact, I feel the same way you do about the background exercisers. This is a great thread about favorite non-Cathe videos. Thanks for encouraging me to stick around. I am sure I will visit this forum from time to time. I have been exercising with videos since 1994 and really do call myself a video fitness enthusiast. So this forum is a great place for me to come to be with other "crazy" people who like to do videos!

Thanks again for your apology. It means alot, really.

Jenzy

RE: To Jenzy 35

Thanks murph!!! I think I will stay AND even actually answer the original question!! Top Ten Non-Cathe Videos....

10.Mindy Myrlea CIA 2K02 Slammin Sports Cardio
9. Rodney Yee Yoga for Strength
8. Karen Voight Strong and Smooth Moves
7. Kari Anderson Two the Max
6. CIA 6001 Lynne Brick
5. Andre Houle Just Step
4. Kari Anderson Fitness Formula
3. Firm Tough Tape
2. Firm Crosstrainers Strength
1. Firm Crosstrainers Cardio

Hey Jenzy

Hey Jenzy -- I'm glad you'll stick around. We women on this forum think strong women of ALL SIZES and shapes are super. Let's face it, ladies w/some skin on their bones look 100% better than those anorexic chicks in the magazines and on TV! You keep up the good work and think positive! Suzanne

Hey Kathy, I have the get ripped and they are definatly worth
the buy. I think that they are even better than the live series (1-12), which I am on number eight. You won't go wrong getting these tapes they are probably harder (in my opinion) than the live series. They kick butt, even the eight min workout is nice and intense. I think you should go for it, good luck, Lori :D

Erica,
could you tell me a little bit about Cory Everson's workout
tapes? Are they anything like Cathe's? I tend to like the
slow and heavy gym style of lifting rather than the light faster
pace of the Firm. I have always loved Cory, but never tried any
of her tapes. Thanks, Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.