Tinted Eyelashes??

amyg

Cathlete
Hey all, I only found a couple 2003 threads when I searched this topic...

Do any of you get your eyelashes tinted? My hair lady was cutting my hair this afternoon and barged in with the suggestion ;) that I tint my lashes. :p I've always had very long lashes, but can't stand mascara very often and especially not when I'm wearing contacts.

Maybe I'm just more nervous about the big 3-0 than I realize, but this sounds like exactly what I need to do tomorrow. :p

Any words of wisdom?? TIA!

Hi Amy,

I tinted my eyelashes once, and it was not as wonderful as I hoped it would be in that a) it didn't last very long before a few blonde lashes were poking through and b) it doesn't look like mascara so I found myself still applying mascara. I also thought the color was too dark for me, I am very fair with blonde eyebrows and eyelashes and the person who tinted my eyelashes tinted them nearly black.

I still think about trying it again, just out of hope that maybe my first experience isn't the norm. I think it's still worth a try--I say go for it anyway--it will be fun!

Resa

I have never heard of tinted eyelashes but I have heard of permanent make up! How cool is that!? They can tattoo eyeliner or lipstick on you so that you always look fresh! If I weren't such a chicken I would consider the lipstick! I don't know what I'm afraid of...I HAVE TATTOOS!

Yeah...I'm a wierdo, I know! :p

My old boss' wife had her eyeliner tattooed on. I hated the way it looked. I didn't get it. It takes 5 seconds to put eyeliner on. If you tattoo it on, you're ALWAYS stuck with the same look. It looked very harsh and not at all subtle.

With eyeliner, you can soften it so it's not so obvious.

Eyelash tinting sounds great when you first hear about it, but you have to consider all the risks. You are puting hazardous chemichals onto your eyelashes.... what would happen if a little drop of the dye found its way into your eyes? The thought of it scares me. I too find mascara to be a bit much, because I have long eyelashed. I usually clean the wand with kleenex until there is hardly anything left on it before applying it to my lashes. This makes them look natural and not cakey at all. I also comb them through with a lash comb after applying it. Hope this helps.

Take care,

Ady

I had mine done a few months ago. It was free w/ the purchase of a facial, not something I would pay to do. It's completely safe for the eye area, it's a vegetable dye. It doesn't last too long, 3 wks tops depending on how often you shower. I liked it because I didn't feel like I had to put mascara on if I didn't want to but it really enhanced my eyes when I did put mascara on. The esthetican was firm in telling me that it's not a substitute for mascara, just an enhancement. If you do it I wouldn't pay more than $20 for it.

I had my lashes and brows tinted once and it hardly lasted a few days. Mine was free for some reason, otherwise I wouldn't pay to get something like that done.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.