Timesaver Rotation?

I know this is probably the "well, duh!" answer, but I've just been doing them back to back in their designated order, kind of like CTX. I don't hit the same body parts any 2 days in a row, except maybe abs, and the aerobics are suitably varied. As is, it's a nice "light" week.

Do you think it's enough cardio/weights to equal a wellrounded workout?
As of now, I'm a fulltime student so I don't have tons of time to workout. It seems like a good DVD but I'm not sure if it's enough cardio (I haven't tried any of the workouts yet)

thank you

If you believe you can get all your cardio needs in 30 minutes (which Body for Life promotes), then yes. The majority of these workouts is cardio--usually 30 min, except for #5 which is mostly leg strength and endurance work. If there is any skimping, it's on the weights work. You pretty much only do 1-2 body parts per workout but you do several exercises. It was enough to make me sore a few times.

I think they are great for maintenance. However, due to their shorter length I don't think you would make any giant strides strength, endurance or aerobic capacity-wise but they are great for time-challenged people and are sequenced very intelligently.

I'm coming off a workout hiatus and thought I would use the Timesaver dvd to get me back into the game. Here is the rotation I have come up (and plan on starting today):

Day 1: KPC/LG +Abs Premix
Day 2: Timesaver 1
Day 3: Timesaver 2
Day 4: Timesaver 3 + Floorwork from L&G premix
Day 5: Rest
Day 6: Timesaver 4
Day 7: Timesaver 5
Day 8: Rest
Day 9: KPC + Abs Premix
Day 10: PH or ME
Day 11: C&W Step Only Premix + Ankle Weight Work from L&G
Day 12: Rest
Day 13: Timesaver 1
Day 14: Tim3saver 2
Day 15: Timesaver 3 + Floorwork from L&G premix
Day 16: Timesaver 4
Day 17: Rest
Day 18: Timesaver 5
Day 19: Rest

At this point I will re-evaluate the rotation and tweak it from there. I really want to concentrate on my lower/abs on down, so I tried to add a few extra lower bodies in there.

Kim

In January, I did the Timesavers Sun-Thurs, and Boot Camp on Saturday. I just did IMAX2 for the first time and made it through with no additional breaks, and ME for the first time in about 5-6 months, and did the biceps with 20 lbs all the way through with no breaks for the first time ever, so I think my rotation was beneficial.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.