Time change... is it just me?

pjlippert

Cathlete
Seriously, this year's time change has been extra difficult to adjust to. I know it can't just be me... my son is also having a tough time this year.

Anybody else struggling this year?

Pam

I am, too. I have been nodding off in the day and struggling to stay awake. I am muddling through my workouts this week, too. My son is having issues as well. Hopefully, we'll all feel better by the weekend. :)

Last edited:
Oh my! I thought it was just me! I have never in my life experienced such a rough time change. I don't know why this one is so hard. It happens every year. I've overslept for two of my usual 5am workouts and had to do then in the evening which I really don't like. To top it off, even after sleeping in a little, I was still tired all day.

I think the time change should happen on a Friday night, so you have two days to adjust to it, instead of one. But no one ever asks me MY opinion. ;):D Ha!

For my little family of 5, it seems I am struggling the most. The kids - fine. Husband - fine. Me? Gah! A whole different story.

I do appreciate the extra light in the evening though (trying to think positive!).​

It's tough in the mornings, but I really love the long evenings with daylight. That's the advantage. DH and I have been watching sunsets together since the change. Love it!

I absolutely hate daylight savings time. I am tired this week too and not all together. I think daylight savings is silly...and inconvenient.

But this is just me being crabby because I am discombobulated.:mad: because my body clock is off.

I agree, who ever said clocks had to go back and forwards on a Sunday night?!?!? Madness.

We have been chasing our tail allllllllllllllllllllll weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. Week from hell, really. My daughter has been attending try outs at high school for soccer and tennis for 3 hours after a day of classes and then trying to get her homework done and bed times this week have been 2 am, 4.30 am, etc, etc. Awful.

My daughter and I are desperately waiting for Friday night so we can finally sleeeeeeeeeeep!

Hope everyone gets caught up with themselves this weekend. Wishing you all well and sweet dreams!

Clare

I am struggling!!!! I am dragging my butt every morning this week. Seems to be getting a little better everyday.

It's nice to know its not just me! This week has been so hard. I don't think the weather is helping. It has been so crappy here-and it's still supposed to rain for a week straight. I'm getting really tired of it! We are getting up early on Saturday and going for a day trip, so still won't be able to catch up on sleep. I'm hoping next week will be better!

The time change has thrown me off all week. Last Sunday, I forgot to change my clocks back but Madrid, my Maine Coone, kept trying to get me out of bed. All week, I've been tired and effected my workouts somewhat. Walking outside due to weather but don't think it would be an IMAX3 or Hardcore Extreme kind of week.

I think the time change should happen on a Friday night, so you have two days to adjust to it, instead of one. But no one ever asks me MY opinion. ;):D Ha!​

For my little family of 5, it seems I am struggling the most. The kids - fine. Husband - fine. Me? Gah! A whole different story.​

I do appreciate the extra light in the evening though (trying to think positive!).​

I DO change my clocks on Friday - for every time change. I change them during the day when the kids are at school. Friday night we start to ease into it. For any Saturday appointments, I do have to write down what time they are "in my world" and post them on the fridge, so I'm timely. Come Sat night, my family has begun to adjust, and by Sunday night we are usually on target. One day to pull it together is crazy. Good luck everyone!

I DO change my clocks on Friday - for every time change. I change them during the day when the kids are at school. Friday night we start to ease into it. For any Saturday appointments, I do have to write down what time they are "in my world" and post them on the fridge, so I'm timely. Come Sat night, my family has begun to adjust, and by Sunday night we are usually on target. One day to pull it together is crazy. Good luck everyone!

What a great idea, Lorrie! I'm stealing this one! Mornings have been brutal, but like other posters have said, it's SLLLLLLOOOWWWWWWWLY getting easier. I too have been off this week. Also looking forward to Friday for the sleep-in factor.

Pam

I hate the time change. What a moronic idea! Seriously, if its sunny, i will go outside earlier, but not until the sun actually arrives!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.