Thursday's "MELTDOWN!"

RE: Thursday's

Morning all!

Boy, I SUUUUUUUUURE didn't wanna get out of my bed this morning, but I did and I finished my five miles. Now I'm stinky and sweaty and in desperate need of a shower! I'll bbl!

Atta girl, Shelley! Five miles before I'm even done my first cup of coffee!

I made a reservation at the Deptford Fairfield Inn last night. DH only grumbled a little.:)

I better get my bootay to work. I'll be back later.

Hi, I'm back,

It's Thursday and I am counting down the days until the
weekend! I did Slow & Heavy Legs this morning. Wanted to
get it out of the way. Legs are my least favorite workout,
not sure why. I used to love lower body work, now did a
complete 180 and dread it. Not much going on here. Very
cool weather, at least no rain yesterday.

Robin:
How did the hair cut turn out? Their own airplane! Are you kidding me and they won;t pick up a check??

Shelly:
^^Cudos to you for getting that 4DS workout in so early! and 20 lb curls! I was at the Tim's on Third Line I think.. that was the exit off the QE that we took.. The customer was on South Service Rd right near there.

Jennifer:
Glad to hear your foot is on the mend!:) I don;t see Aunt Flo any more and I don;t miss her a bit!

Shannon:
Yesterday was Hair Cut day! How did yours turn out?

Tneah:
I bet George was a cute little bundle! We are going about an hour and a half outside of Chicago. The good thing is there is a direct flight so no chaning planes etc. I can;t imagine having a 10 week old puppy on the plane with you..I hope the flight attendants are kind and let us take him out of his bag for a bit! How can they resist once they see him?:D Do you have a particular rotation you follow for your workouts? is it a 3 day spit or 4 etc? Love the haircut by the way. I am too chicken to get bangs. I know you will find the perfect dress in SD!

Leanne:
What is a posh cut? Regarding roots, have you ever tried Root Perfect? It is a life saver! I get my hair colored every 6 weeks, and at about the half way mark between colorings, I use this, just for the roots at the part line etc. It is amazing! I too find myself "cheating" more with food if I am not serious about the workouts. I think mentally after doing all the work, you don't want to waste all that effort so you eat better. High ^^'s on the raise!

Lainie:
Our resident "shop-a-holic"! Just kidding! :7 Those P.J's are really cute! Yes I will definitely post pics when we get the puppy. How nice that the Cathe people did not make you send that shirt back.

Debra:
Welcome!

Have a great day ladies!

Deb:)

Hello Melters.

Deb-Please post pics of your puppy. I love those kinds of pics. Even though, I have to cats I love, Dogs aren't bad either.

Leanne-Congrats on your raise!

Tneah-my brother,Mark and friends are flying out to Vegas to rent Harley's and drive somewhere,maybe CA. Then, renting Jet Skis to travel down the CO River. He's leaving his model girlfriend at home alone.

Lainie-Cathe people were stunned when I sent back wrong video, they credited me for shipping it back to them. What shirt did you get?

Shelley-Wow, 5 miles already! Have you run any marathons?

Debra-Hello.

Where's Emily?

Yes, Aunt Flo comes without calling first-can be quite irratating.Never get cramps anymore till afterwards.
My foot was sore from doing housework last night, I couldn't handle the way my carpeting was looking. My discolouration is going down. Lost my ice pack. I will try that IcyHot stuff tonight on it.
Since I can't workout, I guess I will shop instead. Nothing fun though. My nephew, Max, turns 13 this weekend. He's in a chair from complications of post stem cell transplant from MLD. Max is very intelligent but has bad use of the mechanics of his arms and legs.

Time to get ready for work, bbl tonight.

Good morning, Melters!

Shelley - good job on those 5 miles. It was worth dragging yourself out of bed, wasn't it?

Robin - I guess the Deptford Fairfield is a fancy Inn? I suppose I missed something yesterday - what are you going to do?

Deb - I think our fitness focus just changes occasionally. I find myself more interested in weights lately... sometimes more than cardio, if you can believe that. :eek: As for the hair, well, it's about the same as always. Uncontrollable!

Jennifer - If I were you, I'd get another ice pack. I've heard that the icy hot stuff is actually just skin-surface sensations but doesn't really affect muscles, swelling, etc.

I think I set a new distance record on the elliptical last night doing CC 7. Now I wish I'd kept that log that I used to have. I tossed it a while back as another way to stop obessing. ;) Anyhow, I love that first challenge! One little problem, though. Now I've screwed up my hip flexor again. That thing is getting a bit irritating.

I'm not sure what I'll do today. My thumb is still sore, so it will depend on how much that affects weight lifting. I'll just have to try it and see. I'd really like to do GS CT....

Oh, by the way, remember a while back when the measuring tape showed that I'd melted? That must have been a fluke. Because my measurements are now the same as always. Melting is simply not possible for me! :p

Hey Melty Ladies!

It's 5:50 here and I'm heading out to work, but just wanted to say hope you all have a great day!

Morning again!

Deb - Third Line isn't far from me at all!

Robin - oh, man, I'm SO EXCITED!!! Let DH grumble;)

Jennifer - sounds like you're almost back to normal!

Leanne - have a good day at work!

Shannon - The Deptford Fairfield Inn isn't a fancy hotel. It's one of the two hotels for the Cathe Road Trip. Robin is driving down Thursday night so she can take Cathe's Friday morning step class with us (it's not part of the road trip, but she has graciously invited us to attend) and then have lunch!!! A few others who aren't Road Trippers are doing the same thing!

Okay, I'm at work. Can I go home now?

Leanne - Glad you stopped by!

Shelley - thank you for the explanation. It all makes perfect sense now. And you can only go home if I can, too. And that ain't gonna happen here.

Yawn. I'm here. And sleepy.

I've been up for a couple hours but busy. Got Isaac off to school and got a decent healthy breakfast.

Ugh, I'm so out of it. It's taken me several minutes just to get this far. I keep zoning out. (Well, I'm also watching Ghost Hunters, so that's distracting.) Maybe I should get my workout done this morning and I can nap when Ewan naps this afternoon. Or maybe the workout will re-energize me. The plan is to do Cathe's Low Impact Circuit. I really like that one. Yesterday was supposed to be step aerobics, but I took a walk instead (it was a beautiful day). I think I'm glad about that since my knees are creaky again--considering I plan to do step (even though it's low impact) today.

Tomorrow is registration for the August RT. Eek! I hope I make it. I'd thought about getting groceries today so I don't have to do it tomorrow morning, but I changed my mind. I figured it might be better to distract myself with that task tomorrow morning, plus I can do it while Ewan's at school. Shopping without a toddler is way better than shopping with a toddler, cute though he may be.

Shelley, way to go getting that early workout in! This is why you are more fit than I!

Robin, hmm, maybe on your way back up from that Friday class with Cathe you can visit me. :) Hey, doesn't hurt to ask. I wish I could also run down to do the Friday class, but considering I have kids to get off to school that morning and I hope to do the August RT, I guess not. If (God forbid) I don't get into the August RT maybe I could join the July people for that class, though, too. As for the satiny pj's, when the weather's nice enough I usually only wear little chemises rather than full pj's anyway. Those are the comfiest. When it's cold I'll wear full satin pj's, though. I don't know how people can sleep in cotton since it always bunches underneath me and bothers me. I am a bit of a princess and the pea type about sleeping.

Deb, I'm with you on hating lower body work. For me it's mostly due to the ankle and knee issues, though. Lunges aggravate my ankles, squats aggravate my knees, blah blah blah. I tell myself that maybe my knees will do better if I strengthen my legs, but it's still hard not to dread it. I also have no interest in toning my butt because I think it looks pretty good (even if it's not muscular). :p

Jennifer, sorry about the unexpected Aunt Flo visit! I'm on a Pill that goes straight through 3 months before I have a period. It's awesome. I know it's not for everyone, but it works great for me.

Shannon, maybe you just don't need to melt! Maybe you are already just right?

Leanne, hope you have a great work day! Glad you liked the CircuitZone workout. From what I've seen so far it seems like a keeper. I hope I feel the same about the other stuff I preordered from her this time.

Tneah, I've had that kind of back pain, I think--where it hurts from my back and sort of radiates around to the chest--a very sharp nasty pain. I never noticed that I got it after working my back, though, so maybe it's not the same issue you have. I have never figured out exactly what triggers it, it just happens every once in a while, and I tend to go through phases where it will happen several days in a row, and then not for weeks.

OK, going to go change my clothes to work out.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Good Morning All:)

Deb, I am the same way, I have that dread factor with lower body. But once its done I feel very proud of myself.;) I have to do lower body because I have a fear of getting one of those flabby, long butts you see even on skinny women.:eek: Cannot wait to see the little guy, I so wish DH would allow another Newfie...I would be in heaven.:)

Robin, how fun you are going to Cathe's class..you get to see everyone on the RT including Miss Shelley! :)

Jennifer, I agree with Shannon, use ice, that other stuff is more for muscle pains I think. It never worked very well for me.

Shannon, I bet your hair is darling, I like that uncontrollable messy look.;) Very cute.

Shelley, you amaze me with your mileage. Running is such a great way to stay lean and mean, plus it gives you that total high afterwards that is hard to find with other forms of cardio. At least for me...MIC does that sometimes, but I feel like a "chipmunk" doing that workout!:7

Hi Leanne! Will be looking for you later on today...Hi Lainie, you too!

Lainie, you and I were posting at the same time...think I might join you with the LIC this morning...cardio only. Its easy on the joints.

I have my followup dental appointment this morning at 11. Thank goodness this ordeal with finally be over with. Talk to you guys later...

OK guys, help me out here. Here is a link to DVF--we all know who Diane Von Furstenberg is, with the iconic wrap dresses and all. But she has a few beautiful dresses on this site. Hope the link works, let me know which ones you all like okay? Maybe I can find similar "knock-offs" for the wedding...or maybe just buy one of these...thanks for your help.I favor the long orange/pink dress and the floaty looking lavendar one..both look "springy" and modestly cut. Off to do some cardio!

http://dvf.com/dvf/browse/subcatego...cet=&selectedSortBy=marketingPriority&start=1

Tneah - I always feel like I'm going to have a seizure when I do MIC, during the really high part of the hi-lo. And those dresses... oh man, those dresses! You can't make me choose. They're GORGEOUS! I love the red and orange one. LOVE.IT!

Lainie - *grabs megaphone* WAKE UP, LAINIE! I'm crossing everything that you get into the RT tomorrow!

Well, we were supposed to have T-ball practice tonight for Isaac, but Ewan's been pukey so we're staying home. It's raining now anyway but we were supposed to pick up the uniforms tonight because the first game is Saturday. Poor Isaac. Poor Ewan. Poor me.

Anyway, enough pity.

I had a great workout today (before the puking commenced). I did LIC plus the bonus cardio part. I so love that workout. It really woke me up and energized me. Lucky thing since I've been busy with the sicko.

Tneah, I looked at all the dresses and my favorite so far is the very first one--the cute hot pink one. But that is my favorite color, so that's an easy call for me. What colors do you like to wear?

Shelley, thanks for crossing fingers for me. You'll have to cross them even more since I may have a sick toddler at home with me. What'll I do if he pukes on me while I"m registering?!?! Well, as long as the computer is still working I'll probably just finish registering and then clean up, won't I?

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Oh poor Boo-Boo!:-( Wish I could give him a big ole' hug. The poor baby.

Ahhh, but he's lucky to have such a funny and caring mommy!:) Its no fun to have the pukes.

Thanks for your opinion, now I have to see which one you picked! I like hot pink, I think I favored the long "maxi" dress the second one, but its really, really too expensive. There was a lilac colored one too, that would be good, cause it is very modest.

Can I lay on the couch too? I just had more work done on my stupid tooth and the numbing stuff is wearing off now it hurts due to all that "scraping around" they do during a root canal.:-(

Tneah-
I viewed all the dresses, I like #28. Long and they show it with a hat.

Great day at work, my foot is feeling good. I must remember NOT to workout this Sat...

It's going to rain, my sinuses are screaming at me.

BBL

Good evening melters. I got home from grocery shopping and found an empty house. DD must have taken DGS to his other grandparents for the evening. I decided to take another rest day and enjoy the peace and quiet. I made a nice dinner of curried shrimp crepes and am enjoying a bottle of Asti with my DH.

Deb, my hair turned out nice. It was just a trim. I think it's my SIL's DH who is the cheapskate and she just goes along with it. We took them to the Finger Lakes wineries one year and they made sure everyone they spoke to knew they had an airplane. "We can't buy too much wine, we have weight restictions because WE OWN AN AIRPLANE."

Jennifer, your brother is riding jet skis down the CO river? Sorry, but that sounds obscene to me. I hate those noisy machines.I think they'd have more fun on a raft or in a canoe. A reminder: don't workout on Sat!!!

Shannon, like Shelley said, no, the Fairfield isn't fancy. I'm going down to hug some of the RTers before the RT. I'm very excited. It helps ease the pain of not going on the RT. Way to go with your CC workout!

Tneah, those dresses are beautiful. I'm in Shelley's camp. I love the color of the pink and orange. I'm really excited about meeting up with some of the RTers in July. There is nothing like getting together with people you've gotten to feel close too on these forums. I hope to meet up with you someday too. Ouchy about your tooth. Any painkillers left?

Lainie, I'm so sorry to hear you have a sick child again. What a picture! Good luck with tomorrow's registration. I wish I was meeting you too. Maybe in a year or two...

TK, where the heck are you? Are they working you to death? Are you going to either RT?

Leanne, how was work?

I have to go pay some attention to DH now. Have a nice evening. See you all tomorrow.

Oooooh, wook at the poor widdle boy! Lainie - is he feeling any better? How are you doing? Yes, I agree. If he pukes, just keep registering and clean up when you're done:p

Tneah - sorry about your poor mouth. You really have been through the wringer lately, huh? Did you decide on a dress?

Jennifer - don't work out this Saturday ;)

Just popping back in to say "cheers!" to Robin, her DH and their lovely bottle of Asti.:9 Yeah, I have a little stockpile of painkillers now, good grief.And those relatives of yours...well its not my place to say this, but sheesh!!

Have not chosen a dress...they are too expensive, but thought maybe I could find one that looks like one of these in Macys or some other store, or school DH on the importance of me looking my best in one of these dresses....I need to make the purchase a "mutual" event, if ya know what I mean.;)

Jennifer, I will have to check out #28-take it easy lady, and rest up tonight.

Everyone have a great evening...tomorrow is Friday!!!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.