Thread ratings

I tried too, but it didn't help the rating any. Must have been more than 1 4-star rater out there. Now, most of the ratings are down to a 3. Guess everyone's bored today.

I didn't mean to light a fire here, just a simple question. :eek: I'm sure they didn't mean anything when they designed the rating system.

Don't be silly Tami! No fires here. I'm fairly certain the vast majority of us don't give a flyin fig if there's some silly grown woman spending all her time giving every thread she can log onto a 1 star rating like some kind of pitiful teenaged troll. It's her problem, not ours. ;)

P.S. I think the rating system came w/the software. Not sure why SNM decided to allow it but not its extension. Either way, just a blip on the radar screen of our lives.

I didn't mean to light a fire here, just a simple question. :eek: I'm sure they didn't mean anything when they designed the rating system.

No one's upset at you asking the question! Don't even worry about that. :p We were only commenting on our opinions regarding rating systems in general. The rating system here isn't something that SNM dreamed up. Most forums have it built in automatically. In a perfect world, it would show you what threads have really helped people. In the real world though, it's a way for people to mark down posters they do not like. That is why several of us said we do not like having ratings. I just choose to ignore them. You're always going to have at least one bored person running around giving everyone a 1 star, so IMHO, it's pretty useless. ;)

You guys are to funny!! The troll term.....:eek: made me laugh out loud. That's always a great thing.

I can't say as I would ever give a thread a 1 !! I would feel bad. :(

You girls make me smile

LaughingWater,

I'm going to say to you what my children would in this situation....

No dares! You guys are killing me!! :D You just know I'd accidentally offend someone and eventually get myself chased off this forum.

Tami, don't be upset at all!

I think your question was valid.

I actually hope SNM reads this thread, and considers disabling the entire rating system (I actually had PMd Cathe about it when I first saw it, thinking it was not a great idea, for reasons I've already posted, but she never answered. I'll just assume she was busy, or maybe didn't get it).

I can't imagine a 'rate this member's popularity' function having any beneficial use.

LaughingWater,

You must have missed Laura's triple dog dare!!!

Nana Nana Boo Boo is considered a dare too! My smiley was missing the last part.. Nana Nana Doo Doo, stick your head in Poo Poo.

Tami, don't be upset at all!

I think your question was valid.

I actually hope SNM reads this thread, and considers disabling the entire rating system (I actually had PMd Cathe about it when I first saw it, thinking it was not a great idea, for reasons I've already posted, but she never answered. I'll just assume she was busy, or maybe didn't get it).

I can't imagine a 'rate this member's popularity' function having any beneficial use.

I agree Kathryn.

Oh, I saw the dare. I'm just too chicken. (By the way, I give that dare
rating_4.gif
). :p

Good idea on asking them to disable it, not always beneficial if it hurts someone's feelings.

I have another one that could fall under the Nana Na boo boo category....political threads. IMO

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.