Those Fit FABBO 40's and beyond

idream

Cathlete
Hi girls.

I'm afraid I'm not very happy today. Its been an horrific couple of days for us here. We've had amargeddon here. Its reminded me of September 11. The fires have been devastating. I'm sorry to mention it here, but I have been deeply effected.

I will try to get a workout in tonight.

Last edited:
Hi all

Andrea - I'm glad to hear from you. I've been reading about this in the news. It's horrific. Our friend in Melbourne said he could smell the smoke from his house. It also looks like some of the fires may have been set deliberately. I just can't believe that. Hoping you and all your family are safe.

Got my pilates class tonight. Still without a kitchen, what with that and the weather, it's starting to get me down. I'm probably going to have work in an office for a few days from midweek as the work continues. So probably won't get as much time to play in Catheland!

Hi all. Andrea, glad to hear that you are safe, have been thinking about you, it look terrifying on the news, keep safe. Ronne, when will your kitchen be done? You have been very patient. Today was disc 4, my arms are shaking like leaves in the wind. So many push-ups! It is warm here today, 50's, tomorrow 60's. Hard to believe 4 days ago it was -4. Hit to Lisa, Kathryn, Vilma, Murphy and any one I forgot. Have a good day. Mary

Hi girls.

I'm afraid I'm not very happy today. Its been an horrific couple of days for us here. We've had amargeddon here. Its reminded me of September 11. The fires have been devastating. I'm sorry to mention it here, but I have been deeply effected.

I will try to get a workout in tonight.

Andrea, I heard about it on the news this morning -- entire towns being consumed, and over 100 killed. It's a terrible thing, and worse still, it seems that the fires may have been set. I hope that you and your family are safe. So sorry for the misery there. I hope it ends quickly. :(

Keep us posted.

Hi All,

Today is a rest day/stretch day. I did section 1 and 1/2 of section 2 of the ab circuits (kids were up and that was it for exercising) Saturday and Disc 2 yesterday. Tomorrow is legs. I am excited and worried at the same time! Hi to all.

Andrea - I am glad you are holding up. I am sorry to hear about things. I hope things calm down soon. I will keep you and your family in prayer.

Murph

Hi ladies! I got in Disc 3 today and the Pilates Abs --- hmmm, not too sure I like that Ab workout. I'm just not a flexible type of gal --- wish I was.

Andrea, I've been thinking of you everytime I see the fires. It looks awful, hope all is ok for you.

Mary, I'm repeating disc 1 and 2 this week to get on the schedule I want to be on for my recovery week. I really had some DOMS in my lats, and those plyo legs killed me, I swear I didn't walk right for a couple days. I got the spin bike, pretty cool....now I want to get me some iCycles but their sale just ended so I'll have to wait for the next sale.

Ronne, oh, it's tough being without a kitchen, after a while take aways are no fun, especially when trying to eat right!

Hellos to everyone else, I've gotta get dinner going.....some brown rice and stir fry shrimp with veggies, yum!

Morning,

Today I did disc 3 of STS. I am hoping for some good DOMS because my legs need work. I have not worked them hard for some time. I plan to do the kickboxing portion of 4DS and part/section 2 of the ab circuits tomorrow. I had some other dvd's I planned to use but cannot find anything now - see, that is why you should not clean!

Murph

Murphy, I didn't get any DOMS from disc 3 yesterday, maybe because they thought it was a break since I did the disc 26 plyo last week:eek:, that was a killer, but fun!

I did spinning for an hour (yep, enjoying my spin bike) and SJP all step pm. My legs are now very tired....watch me not be able to walk tomorrow!

Hellos to everyone else! Take care all!

Hi everyone! Andrea, how are you all doing today? You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. Today I did the leg blast premix from B&G, what was I thinking? I was thinking it would be a good cardio choice, my thighs are still buring! It is 59 today, and by thurs, it will be snowing again!! That will be the day after back and triceps, I hope it doesn't snow a lot! Lisa, so glad you are enjoying the bike! Are you following a video or just on your own? Murphy, did you try ab circuits? Did you like it? I'm too afraid to try it.! Hey to Ronne, Kathryn, and Vilma, have a good night. Mary

Hello everyone

Well, the ice is finally melting here ... I went to Pilates on Monday night, walking up the road in the pouring rain while slipping all over thick ice. I'm really getting sick of this weather. We're having the coldest winter for 18 years just as our house is turned into a building site!

Keeping fingers crossed that we are getting a sink today as we're getting sick of washing dishes in the bath!

Lisa - so do you like the spin bike then? 1 hour of spinning and then step? Are you mad?!:eek:

Mary - it sounds like your weather's all over the place. Madame Ronne predicts more shovelling in your future ...

Murphy - sounds like you've got a good workout regime going at the moment. I can't remember how old your kids are. Do you exercise while they're still in bed or when they're out of the house?

Hi to Kathryn and Andrea, hope all is well.

Peeking In to say Hello!

I've have had so much business going on and seems early mornings are usually the time I can get online to post.

Been keeping up for the most part with my workouts, now if I could only just collapse and sleep until I'm fully rested would be grand.

Andrea My prayers are with you and I hope that all is well over there. I've seen the news and I'm just praying you and yours are safe.

Ladies I really , truly hope I can post more personals soon. Take Care and hugs to all!

picture.php

Very very quick fly by post for me. Managed to get a workout in today.

Am at work.

The fires have been devastating. Just a disaster. Its been very hard coming to terms with it all. Thanks for you thoughts, I am safe, as is my family, we are no where near the fire grounds and for that I am thankful. I just hope the weather remains cool.

Must go, see you all.

Hi all,

Just a quick note check-in. The kids were up last night, one was sick and the other would not go to sleep. So, no workout today, which is okay because I did legs yesterday. I wanted to do kickboxing but I guess that will have to wait. Anyway, see you all on Monday.

Andrea - I am glad to hear that you and your family are safe. I really hope things calm down real soon.

Scubagirl - yes, I have tried ab circuits and I like it. I have only tried the first 2 sections, pilates and yoga, but I like them and am looking forward to the others. I am trying to get DH to do the couples one. He said he will but it has not happened yet.

Ronne - my kids are 1 and 4 and I try to exercise when they are asleep. It is easier to exercise without any "help".

Murph

I just had to pop back to tell you all that we have a sink with running water! We had a home-cooked meal from scratch tonight and the washing-up was NOT done in the bath! Hooray - civilisation beckons!

Hello! I'm taking a rest day today, my legs are fine though even after all that spinning and step!

Ronne, great! I'll be over for dinner! ;)

Murphy, I haven't decided if I like the ab circuits. DH did do the partner one with me (after I begged). I don't have a medicine ball so we used just a 2 lb ball that came in a pilates kit and a 8 lb db. I don't think it will make me go out and buy a med ball.

Mary, I've been doing Mindy Myrlea's videos for spinning. I tried iCycle mp3s, those are good, I'll have to buy some.

Hi Vilma! Life is busy here too, now we are trying to figure out registration for the kids schools.

Andrea, glad you are staying safe!

Gotta run....

Hi all

Quiet in here today!

Well, there we were enjoying our new tap and it's been snatched away from us! The tiler came today and he had to take the cooker out and put down a layer of liquid latex for the tiles to go on so we can't get in the kitchen again! Back to sandwiches!

I'm going to do a Karen Voight DVD now as it won't take up too much space in our ever-shrinking living room!

Lisa - I really liked the look of those partner abs. I'd be tempted by the abs circuit DVD for that.

Hi to Andrea, Murph, Mary, Kathryn, Vilma and anyone lurking!

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a good day. Not much here, just very windy, not bad when the wind is at your back, just floats you along, walking into the wind is like pushing thru quick sand! I have to do cardio today, haven't decided what yet. I'll get there. Ronne, so sorry about your sink. Talk about a tease! Do you like Karen Voight? Her voice is so hypnotic it puts me in a coma! Lisa, how are your legs? I'm so glad you are enjoying your bike. Murphy, how are the kids? hope they are feeling better and letting you get some rest. I remember when my were that little, they were such a "help" when I was trying to w/o, now I have to tell them not to argue when I'm working out! Andrea, hope you are still safe, I keep thinking about all of you. Hey, Vilma, we have missed you! Kathryn, how is everything going? Any decisions on the school front yet? Have a good day all. I really need to get busy with the house and my w/o! Mary

Hi Ladies! I did STS disc 5 today and the med ball abs (no partner). I liked those. I then went for a spin for 30 min. Once I started riding my glutes felt tired, guess it was from spinning 2 days ago.

Ronne, what a bummer about the kitchen, next time make sure you have lots of leftover that you can microwave.

Mary, it's been windy here too, yesterday as I went from errand to errand, I swear I looked like a blown mess, I tried to brush my hair but it's so fine that it was just a tangled mess and it hurt to brush it with my little purse brush so decided to wait until I got home.

Hellos to everyone else! gotta get, seems times been flying by these days....so much to do, so little time....

Hi all,

I did not expect to be in to work today but my DH did not realize I was taking off and is having something delivered to the office to me for Valentine's Day. I could not yell at him so here I am. I thought I told him several time that I was taking off but...I am sure many of you can relate. Anyway, I did disc 4 yesterday and I am feeling it. I have noticed already that some of my clothes are fitting better. The tight stuff is now comfortable. Yippee!

Ronne - Sorry to hear about the sink. I was all ready for dinner.

Scubagirl - Yes, they are better. I am still not getting much sleep but that is the usual.

Murph

I did IMAX2 today, was feeling shaky after blast 4 so stopped and had a protein bar. Not sure why I was shaky unless I just haven't been eating enough for the level of activity I'm doing ....I sure think I'm eating plenty and still the last 5 lbs isn't budging. :p I also did 30 min of spinning after imax2, yep, I'm a crazy woman!

Murphy, I have slight DOMS in my front delt from disc 4, woo hoo, I think STS is working the shoulders good. Tomorrow will be disc 5.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.