Those are your MOM'S weights?!?!

exer_cited

Cathlete
LOL!! DD has three friends over for a sleep-over. They went downstairs to play with our cellar-dweller cat, where all my workout stuff is.

I was hovering at the top of the stairs just in time to hear one of them say "Wow, your Dad likes to workout, huh?". DD says "That's my Mom's stuff, not my Dad's!!". :p:D

The friend runs upstairs and says "Wow, you can lift those weights?".

My response: "Why yes I can!!!"

Love it!!!!! :cool:

You have a basement cat? I hope you check icanhascheezburger.com on a regular basis. 'Basement Kitteh' is a regular over there.

Oh, that's funny about the weights too.

Melissa, that rocks! What a great feeling.

And Gabrielle, icanhascheezburger is one of my all time favorite places. I love Basement Cat and Ceiling Cat!

I had a basement cat as a kid. Still have nightmares LOL!

That's awesome! A few years ago, we got new siding and one day the contractor was over and our neighbor was over talking to us all and the neighbor said (with admiration, I might add), that the heavy bag in the garage was mine and not my husbands! Of course, DH would have looked rather funny using the pink boxing gloves hanging from it! LOL

Thanks ladies!!

I do feel pretty good about myself after that little encounter...:D

It is really important to me that DD sees me working out and understands why I do it. And to overhear her tell her friends about it was pretty cool!

Jill: great story about your heavy bag!! And if you ever catch DH with those pink boxing gloves on, we need a pic!!;)

Melissa, you should have said "YES and I ROCK!!!!" Cause you do ;) What a wonderful example you are setting for your DD!!

Melissa, that is soooo cool!

It took 21 years, but my DD is finally getting it. She's started working out regularly (although she doesn't like Cathe!?!?!? I still think I'll have to disown her over that.) and seems to like most of the clean dinners I've been cooking.

I know...kids are so funny! My inlaws moved in next door last July and they have 2 little girls, 4 & 6. One day they came over while I was working out and they were in awe. They were just standing and starring at me. I don't think their mother as ever broken a sweat in her life. I asked them "can mommy lift this weight " and their eyes were huge and said " Nooooooooooooooooo" . They think I am crazy anyway!

My mailman asked how my 30lbs of weights were working for me. Bless his heart, he had to carry 60lbs weights down the hill (my driveway slops).

What a great story! It's those moments that adds to the rewards we get from doing what we do.

Bam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.