This is so frustrating...

allwildgirl

Cathlete
My hairdresser left the salon she was at. She was supposed to be there for another two weeks, but when she gave her notice at the salon, they told her to leave right away. I was supposed to go tomorrow to get my dastardly roots done. But now she's not there, and doesn't start at the new place until May 25th. So now I have to go to the old salon and get my roots done by someone name "Mike".

I'm not happy about this. I can't wait until May 25th. But I hate going to new stylists. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH;(

I'm sorry to hear that, Shelley. :( Are you sure you don't want to wait until the 25th and let your roots grow out a little. You can look like Christina Aguilera!! But you're classier!

Edited to add:
My SO's name is Mike, so that's a bad sign too!

I don't know if I'd want to go back to that salon, if your stylist was told to leave right away when she gave notice. That seems rather nasty to me.

May 25 is not that long to go.
Could you do a temp job yourself until then (with something that will wash out by then?)

That was a pretty sucky thing for the salon to do. I wouldn't want to spend anymore money there either. Can't a friend refer you to a decent colorist until yours is back in business?

I was thinking that too, Kathryn, although it didn't surprise me that they did that. Although she's a great stylist, the guys who run the salon are NOT very nice. Except to their very rich, snobby clients.

Oh, I didn't think of a temp job. Maybe just a rinse or something? You know, I think I may just do that! Thanks!

Okay, I cancelled Mike and made an appointment with my stylist for when she's back. Now, who can recommend a good temporary rinse?;)

Shelley ~
I'm right there with 'ya...I hate it, HATE, HATE, HATE IT, when my hairdresser re-schedules. I boycotted him for 2 years once! I'm sure it bothered me more than it bothered him!

I hope "Mike" does a good job (I'm sure he will!) Wear a short sleeve shirt so he see's your biceps - show him your a force to reckoned with!

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe Friedrich

Shelley ~
I'm right there with 'ya...I hate it, HATE, HATE, HATE IT, when my hairdresser re-schedules. I boycotted him for 2 years once! I'm sure it bothered me more than it bothered him!

I hope "Mike" does a good job (I'm sure he will!) Wear a short sleeve shirt so he see's your biceps - show him your a force to reckoned with!

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe Friedrich

Is there any way you can ask her to do your hair at her (or your) home? I would not go back to the old salon..

>My hairdresser left the salon she was at. She was supposed
>to be there for another two weeks, but when she gave her
>notice at the salon, they told her to leave right away. I was
>supposed to go tomorrow to get my dastardly roots done. But
>now she's not there, and doesn't start at the new place until
>May 25th. So now I have to go to the old salon and get my
>roots done by someone name "Mike".
>
>I'm not happy about this. I can't wait until May 25th. But I
>hate going to new stylists. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH;(

I sympathise. My usual stylist is on holiday tomorrow - disaster! I have only tomorrow to get my hair done before my holiday next week. Such a dilemma as to what to do - lol!!

Hair is a serious business, y'all!!
;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.