This is driving me crazy...

Juana

I normally don't post, but I am a frequent visitor to the Cathe forums and I thought this would be the best place to get some help.

I recently saw a TV commercial for a "total leg exercise machine." It allows you to do: leg extensions, curls, calf raises, abduction, adduction, etc. This machine uses rubberbands (for resistance) similar to those used by the Soloflex.

I would like to get more information on this machine, but since my DH is a speed-channel-surfer, I didn't catch the name and I haven't seen the commercial since. "Flex" is part of the name.

Has anyone else seen this commercial and know what the name is?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Juana,

Check out my comments on Soloflex under "What if Fitness Videos aren't enough" posted 11/29/00 in this Open Discussion forum. I think these machines are really overrated and a weight bench is a better use of your money.

And I think it's so sweet that Cathe herself posted the URL for the Bowflex product! She really looks out for us! :))

Now you know why we are big fans of hers!

Dawn P.

Thanks Cathe and Dawn for your comments.

I agree with Dawn about the machines. I've always preferred freeweights over Universals/Soloflex, but I have a tendency to lean more towards machines when doing heavy lifting (powerlifting) without a spotter.

This particular machine caught my attention because it was so compact and versatile, then I remembered how much I hated changing the resistance bands on the Soloflex. I was just curious to find out more on the product and it bugs me when I can't find any answers. I tried just about every website with "Flex" in the name including TV infomercials and found nothing. Maybe I should just take it as a sign to stick with my, as Cathe called it, "old fashioned gym" and Cathe tapes. Besides I have seen the most results using a combination of free weights, Cathe videos, and outdoor running. As I often like to say, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it!" Nonetheless, I appreciate the feedback.

Yes, I can see why everyone here is such a big fan of Cathe (including myself). I have yet to see this type of support and dedication to her fans from any other instructor. I own mostly Cathe videos and DVDs (with the exception of two Karen Voight tapes) and I am very reluctant to buy anyone else's tapes. I am afraid they wouldn't stack up to Cathe's!

Juana

I saw a commercial for Life Flex Gym for $599.99 available only at Sears. 1-800-414-9988 is the number to call to order. Maybe they could also give you some info.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.