The Question:"Why do you buy videos?"

lorihart

Cathlete
A friend of mine invited herself to come over and workout with me.That was fine by me. I thought about it and I needed to do UB yesterday so I thought we would do GS B.B.T.
She is use to working out some what but did it the BFL way and worked out in a gym with another friend.
When she came to the house I told her what we were doing and she said;" We are doing a video?" I said ,"yeah"(would their be another route to take?) The she said :" Why do you buy those anyway" with her nose turned up. I said;" You will soon find out"! I had no mercy on her whatso ever then.She is obviously one of those girls who thinks working out at home is a waste of time.
By the time she was 1/8 of the way through she said "I think I like this workout"!. By the time we were done she couldn't even put her soat on to go home. It was so funny.
People think that the people who workout at home are doing Richard Simmons and Kathy Smith (although I like osme of Kathys stuff)Little do they know that our workouts are harder and probably more effective then the gym rats!
Lori

RE: The Question:

Lori I'm in total agreement with you. My dh at one time ALWAYS had a comment to make about Cathe's w/o until one day I had him doing Kickbox and I forget which a wt. w/o, of course the man that he is still had a little comment, but says she's good. And of course he doesn't w/o with me anymore. But now that I have developed veins in my forearms, bis, chest, he is constantly telling everyone how effective Cathe's w/o's are.

Now if only I can get the few crumps out of my thighs I will be one damn happy woman}( }( .

http://www.PictureTrail.com/haydee1

Haydee

CRUMPS IN YOUR THIGHS? Good GOD woman, you are a sight to behold. I see no crumps in your thighs or anywhere else!

By the way.... what exactly is a crump?;)

Oh boy, she'll be thinkin' 'bout ya tomorrow!:)

My neighbor had this look on her face when I recommended she check out cathe.com. The kind of look that said, "Why do I have to buy workouts when we have a gym with a personal trainer?" I live in a neighborhood with its own small gym staffed with an in-house personal trainer, and since our HOA fees pay for it, we get the place and service (if we choose it) for free. I don't like the gym. It's full of grunting middle-aged men and smells like stale sweat. My neighbor lost 20 lbs. since last November, when she started going. She looks fabulous! Now, if only I can find a way to reintroduce Cathe...:)

Pinky

Video evangelism is a lonely business but one triumph can make up for all the hours spent holding up signs at street corners or running off thousands of flyers to put on windshields.

I agree that most people think home workouts are easy. My DBF was VERY impressed with Muscle Max when he saw me doing it. He said "That Cathe chick is really strong" LOL. She was doing those (dreaded, for me) lateral raises with her 40 POUNDS---the ones where you raise up then pull to chest, then back out and down. I can only do ONE with 20 pounds on the bell! I feel like such a wimp. lol.

I laugh when I see those "curves" commericals..I am waiting for them to start using soup cans or 16oz water bottles to "go for the burn"...I think working out at home is the best. I can go as hard as I want, look and smell like @#$! and focus on me!!! I think there is a general stigma on home workout becuase when they first came out we had jane fonda, richard simmons.... now you can have your butt kicked up and back in the privacy of their own home, for those who snub, they are the ones missing out...

hahaha! You're so right! I never even heard of Cathe before I stumbled upon her workouts on Collage. I think there is a huge misconception that you just can't get the same workout at home. Boy, I bet a lot of people stood corrected after trying Cathe. I've never seen results like I have with her, even in the gym. Whoo! So, is your friend coming back tomorrow?? ;)

Debbie

I don't allow my husband to refer to women as chicks. From him, it's disrespectful! ;) Once I found Cathe, I knew I need never enter a gym again. I was working out with free weights at home because I like working out at home. I like home a lot. But when I got Cathe's videos to work out with, I really learned the value of sterngth training which was always more about making me a better runner before that. It was torture but it was a pleasure to be tortured by such a pro. She did all the planning and all I had to do was show up. I had company, no self-consciousness about anything I might be self-conscious about at the gym and the workouts are the greatest. She challenged me to go further than I thought I could and I did. She is incredible!
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

If it wasn't for Cathe I'd be back at the gym sweating with the locals. I initally started buying videos because I needed a convienent way to exercise with two babies at home. I saw some results, but not the results I got at the gym, until I met Cathe. It was an expensive hobby at first. I had to buy all her workouts, plus the equipment to go with them, but it was the best fitness investment I ever made.

A new gym just opened down the street from me. They want $100 just to sign on, plus $60 a month. Everyone is lining up to join. Just think, they'll be paying $720+ a year to work out at this gym! There's no way I'm going to fork out that kind of money to wait in lines at the machines, nor do I want to rub elbows with all the other sweaty steppers in aerobics class!

The real reason I work out at home rather than a gym is because it's so time efficient. The thought of the time spent packing a bag, driving to an overcrowded gym, sharing the same sweaty equipment, waiting in line for machines, etc. boggles my mind. There's no way I could fit all that into my daily routine. With a video I can bang out a decent workout in 60 to 90 minutes - no waiting, using my stuff, no worries about what I look like. If people look down on videos, then that's their loss. People ask me all the time what I do to keep in shape and sometimes it's comical the looks and comments I get. People really have no idea how far the exercise video industry has come since Jane Fonda/Richard Simmons of years ago.

I used to be a dedicated gym rat. I would take a 5:30 am Spin class 3 mornings a week but sometimes I'd get there 10 minutes before class started and all the bikes were taken. That was so frustrating....and of course the treadmills are always full so I'd head upstairs to the ellipticals. One day I forgot my headphones and was right next to a guy who grunted and sweat and chewed his gum with his mouth wide open the ENTIRE TIME. I wanted to barf. And I was getting tired of waiting for machines and sitting in someone else's sweat and listening to pretentious locker room talk and thinking, "I'm paying big bucks for this!!"

With a home workout, I can rest if I want, swear if I want }( , rewind if I want, or fast-forward if I want. All for the low-low price of.....convenience!!! :)

Thank goodness for Cathe!!

Angie

I actually enjoy both the gym and my Cathe DVDs. For different reasons. I don't have the space for a lot of equipment, so I don't do any of the workouts that require a barbell. Right now my dumbells only go up to 8 pounds, which is very light for serious weight workouts. For those I go to the gym. I added Cathe about a month ago I guess, and I am really enjoying the change of pace from the gym. But I also miss the gym when I do Cathe for a few days. So I will keep both :) And Cathe has such a variety of DVDs there's really something for everyone.

I can't be bothered with the gym...I don't want to worry about what I am wearing, how my hair looks, if I look fat, if I look like a fool doing a certain exercise, etc. I exercise in the privacy of my own home in a room where even my dog can not see me! I love it! = )

I also feel that most gyms charge too much and I hate being "locked in" to any contract/committment with them. I control how much I spend on my vids and equipment and I am not "locked in" to anything either.

This is why I buy exercise videos...:)

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img]
EDD: 05/19/05

I haven't been to the gym since I started Cathe work outs in Jan. I thought I'd miss it, but I don't. I have definitely gotten better results and I'm able to work out longer at home. Like someone else mentioned no bag to pack, travelling time, etc....yeah...more time to work out. I don't have to take a shower in the gross health club showers. Though I have to admit my health club is one of the cleaner ones.

It's funny my husband used to be an at home work out person (no vids though) just treadmill and weight lifting. I used to bug him to let his membership go because he never used it. Now he goes to the gym and I stay home and work out to Cathe!:)

In fact, on a few occassions he has overslept and then works out downstairs. I'm always waiting very impatiently for him to finish up, so I can get going.

Oh yeah, another good reason my kids have taken to Cathe! They hear the music and come running into the work out room. It's the cutest when my 2 year old is trying to do squats! LOL:) :)

Is it just me, I try to get everyone I know to switch over to Cathe DVD's?

Dallas

I just wanted to say, you look great. Your husband must be very proud to show you off!! Cause girl you look great!!

I quite loathe the whole "gym" thing. I've belonged to a couple, and it's just not me. I'm very solitary and working out with a bunch of people around makes me uncomfortable. And I've never got results like the ones I'm getting with Cathe. And there are always those girls at the gym who look perfectly put together, great bodies, etc. I feel intimidated by them. Nope, I'm happiest at home, thanks very much!

I agree with all the above - I don't have time to waste running down to a gym and then getting to have zero machines to workout on because they are all being used - way too annoying - I get much more accomplished now and the results are amazing!

She was doing
>those (dreaded, for me) lateral raises with her 40
>POUNDS---the ones where you raise up then pull to chest, then
>back out and down. I can only do ONE with 20 pounds on the
>bell! I feel like such a wimp. lol.

If you're talking about the anterior shoulder raise ("lateral" means " side")with the rhomboid pull at the top, Cathe doesn't use 40 pounds! I think her weight is more like 20 or 25#, so you're not so far off!

I've got to go with the crowd here! I have always been too self-conscious to enjoy going to a gym. I would get a membership, go for several months, and then stop. Thank goodness for Cathe!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.