The New Workouts Just Make the Older Ones Seem "Easy"

catwoman

Cathlete
Okay, so I've been diligently doing BM2, LIC, and a mish mosh of the current workouts to learn them through-and-through, and the other day I pulled out Step Blast. I ended up doing the Cardio & Weights + Step Blast cardio premix (which I'd never done), and I have to say that I actually thought it was...well....kinda easy (said with a whisper). I used to have to modify some of the higher impact moves to lower impact, but the other day I just felt so good I popped that high impact right back in there and I was like the Energizer Bunny. I could've kept going, but needed to get to the housework, so I stopped.

Has anyone else noticed that they've been able to go back to older workouts now and get more out of them?

RE: The New Workouts Just Make the Older Ones Seem

To tell the truth, I kinda find the new DVDs easier than previous ones.(I might be in the minority here). I think this is beause I am used to Cathe's choreography and style, so I can pretty much do the workouts without too much rewinding or confusion. Also, because she incorporates the use of light versus very heavy weights, I am not as challenged as before. But that's just me. OTOH, I find the DVDs to be an excellent change and I am enjoying them thoroughly.:D :D

I also find the older videos somewhat easier to follow and complete with very limited need for a break (obviously water break but I can even go without those now if I get really into it:)). Anyway, I love the new workouts. They are a much needed change and provide great variety. I love going heavy on the weights, but somehow the new workouts are a needed change- at least for now. I am sure next month I will need to go heavier. Take care...:D

The choreography in the new circuit workouts is easier than in some of the more recent workouts. I also thought the cueing was similar to the earlier workouts. For me, part of the challenge of BM2 & CF is the length of the workouts.

B&G hits my lower body and abdominals just right; I really feel this workout. I like the sequencing and exercises chosen.

I really enjoy the twists on all of the new workouts and the premixes are great! I am happy to hear that these workouts helped you.

jordan

ABsolutely...me too. I found myself saying that I needed a "lighter" workout because I was full of DOMS, and I thought, hmm...maybe I should try an IMAX!?!?!?!? The older ones are still tough, I don't know, these new ones are just giving me a wonderful run for my money!!! I've been neglecting my poor older ones though...I think I'll try a little bootcamp this weekend. That one has never been "easy" for me. It's tough and SOOOO much fun. or wait, maybe I should do one of the terminators. yeah....
Brandi

I just love the new workouts, too! I hope no one thought I was saying otherwise. :eek: :) I have just found the new cardios to be very challenging. They get my heart rate up and keep it up! In the older workouts, I used to feel that certain sections got my heart rate up, followed immediately by longer sections that let it come back down. With the new ones, the "recovery" sections seem to be shorter and still pretty intense. I think this has helped to condition my heart and lungs to handle those older workouts better than I used to.

Any way you slice it, though, they're all wonderful!

I totally agree with you. On the exception of the kickboxing which I still find extremely challenging, I too find that the older workouts easier than the new ones. I have done Imax 2 twice and since Drill Max, I'm whipping through Imax 2 like never before. However, try the drill max with doing everything twice and I feel like I'm near death}( Evil is what her premixes on her new workouts are, pure evil!!!

I think that Body Max 2 and Drill Max are definitely easier than the older videos.

Low Impact Circuit is more challenging because my balance just is not there. I get very frustrated during the balance portions of this workout. But I keep trying.

Drill max is my least favorite because it takes up way too much space for my limited area. I know I keep on and on saying that, but it is frustrating to not be able to do the workout as it should be done.

I like the new DVDs as an add on, but if I were beginning with Cathe, this would not be the series I would choose. For some reason, I just don't feel as worked out as with Cathe's older videos like "Circuit Max" or "Boot Camp" or "High Step Training"

Caveat: Cardio Fusion, Scrambled Eggs premix and Mix and Max premix. Those are great cardio workouts, but I really prefer a great all cardio workout to a compilation.

Oh Yeah! MIC is one heck of a great workout!

I never do the step portion on 8 inches though! If I did, I'd never get through the workout.

Oh I have to say that LowMax is pretty hard!!! I burned 935 calories doing it tonight! I must be honest though, I could not even do B&G, and Cardio Max without modifications, and pausing to let my HR go down :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.