The New Biggest Loser season

jennifer-in-mi

Cathlete
Just previewing the new season of the show, I was amazed that 3 of the teams are MI residents from Detroit, South Lyon and Sterling Heights (suburb of Detroit in Oakland County). It looks like another good season.

I can't wait for this! Hopefully it returns back to be an inspiring show instead of the hot mess it was last time w/ Vicky & Heba. I'm trying to figure out how that kid from the orange team is going to be able to do any kind of exercise. I can't imagine how hard it is for him to do more than walk. It will be interesting to see him at the finale. It seems like a season for the extremes. They have the kid on the orange team being the heaviest contestant ever, one of the girls they said is the heaviest woman they've had, one guy on there this season (one of the two cousins) is 6'8"!

Since two of my favorite shows ended up cancelled (Pushing Daisies and Dirty Sexy Money), i'm looking forward to this season even more!

I love to watch Biggest Loser, but this past season was very disappointing. Yes, the Vicki, Heba and crew issues really turned me off. I almost stopped watching, and if they have that kind of nonsense again, I WILL stop watching. I don't appreciate people who behave like that, and I won't watch it on TV. It isn't fun or funny. I never felt so sorry for two people like I did for Phil and Amy - and I was glad to see how slim they looked at the finale. And then when they picked on the other Aimee - she was such a doll and they abused her horribly.

What bothered me the most is that I got to the point where I didn't want Heba and Ed or Vicki and Brady to lose a single pound. And I found myself being gleeful that both women didn't look as slim as others at the finale. In other words, I found myself responding to their cattiness and cruely by being catty and cruel. I am NOT that kind of person. :(

So if this show continues like this and brings out the worst in me, I will turn it off!!

I do worry that they are bringing in larger and larger people, and I'm wondering if they are really going to be able to manage the health concerns of these contestants. God forbid someone keel over and die on the show!

Anway - I will try again - but I refuse to sink to cattiness over a television show ever again!

Lisa

Lisa,
I understand your where you are coming from. I had to remind myself to root for all of them. The producers like to put a person in some light more than others deliberately. Just like the judge shows, the responses of the participants is sometimes encouraged.
The website is encouraging for all of them.

Couldn't have said it better, Lisa. If there is anyone like Heba or Vicky, I'm done with that show!

I am with you all on Heba and Vicki. Biggest Loser has always been one of my favorite shows, but Vicki esp. took muck of the joy out of it for me. I was looking at the biggest loser website and one of the trainers, I think Bob, said they it is a really nice group of people. So, hopefully enough people have had negative reactions to people like Vicki and Heba that they won't cast people like that any more.

Shayne

What irritated me was Vicky keeps claming that they were puprosely trying to make her look back and taking things out of context to make her the bad guy. Sorry, but unless they forged the noted she stuck up on her door about "not resting until the B**** is gone", they didn't have to try very hard to make her look bad.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.