The HATE Thread ROCKS Nov 2

Michelle - yes, it is prounced like Ian. I love him. He's so coo1! A perfect yoga practice for nightime is Rainbeau Mars Pure Tranquility. I usually do it on a Saturday morning when I force myself to take a rest day. It's quite lovely and I really like Rainbeau. One that is a bit more strenous, but not too much so is the Yoga for Beauty Series: Dusk one.....the first one I mention is 30 minutes and the latter is 45". These are available at CDUniverse for pretty good prices. All of Rainbeau's stuff is geared toward the beginner and she is very good.......good music also.

I'm at work........gotta run.

Kate!! I'm so happy to see you. Jeez, I hope your internet woes are over soon.

Lora, thanks for the Rainbeau Mars recommendation. I'll have to have a look at that. I've never ordered from CDUniverse either so I guess I'll have to look at them, too.

I previewed Low Impact Circuit and Drill Max today. They've been thoroughly reviewed all over the place--here and on VF--so I won't review them again, but I will chime in to say that they look like great and FUN (as fun as I think cardio can be;) ) workouts. I love the outfits, too:D

Drill Max played without a hitch in my Toshiba DVD player but LIC had one leetle glitch right between the tricep extensions and kickbacks. The good thing is that none of the workout was lost because of it. I didn't have a freeze and it didn't actually skip over any of the workout. The bad thing is they are really long--UGH. I'll have to go with premixes because I can't spend that much time doing a workout. I have a reputation to uphold!:7 Really though, these look like great workouts and I'm glad I bought them. I didn't think I would like Drill Max but I'm pleasantly surprised. I'll let you know if I change my mind after I actually try it.

Michelle - CD Universe's prices are slightly lower than Amazon's and they have Paypal (which I like). I agree that the new Cathe DVDs are a bit on the long side. I'd like to see more premixes.

Back to check on you guys...

Had a massage after work, it was heavenly!!! Sigh... I get one about once a month. At first, I felt guilty and would only schedule one after a tough biking event. Now, I just do it, no event needed to pamper myself. As regular as getting my hair cut now.

Yes, I work at a State prison that has Level 1, 2 and 3 inmates. Level 1 are used for work outside the gates, like building fences in the community, cleaning parks, fighting wildfires. Then we have Level 2 and 3. Most of those won't go outside the gates. They just do their time on the yards, maybe working and earning $.09 per hour, maybe taking education classes. I work outside the gates in the department that takes care of the plant needs (carpentry, electrical, etc). I sit at a computer all day long. No, I don't get scared, but you do have to be security minded. I'm around lots of inmates, but don't have to directly supervise them. It's a good job, great benefits and only 7 years until retirement (I hope).

August, I was in an acapella choir (6 of us, usually at least 4 part harmony) for about 10 years. I loved it and loved the performing, but needed a break. I got into bike riding about 6 years ago and love it. I ride a few times a week (road riding) so don't have a lot of time for other hobbies, besides my DH and going camping and riding our 4-wheelers. I rode and owned horses for years, but just sold my horse a couple months ago. I rode hunter/jumpers, dressage, reining, you name it. May still get back into it again, but not looking to for a while.

Michelle, glad you like the new Cathe's. Guess what? Mine have arrived and are probably out on the front porch, but I really don't want DH to see me with 5 new DVD's. I mean, I don't have to be obvious, do I? I'll wait till he goes into the bathroom and then dash out. Wonder if he's ever opened the cabinet where I keep the DVD's... They've multiplied from the simple little Yoga Zone that started me on this fitness thing more than 2 years ago.

Tomorrow is my day off and I think I'll give one of them a whirl. Hmmm... which one?

August, Cathe's cueing is really pretty easy for me. I think you nailed it right about Christi cueing much further in front. I'm getting better, but Christi really keeps my mind occupied so the time flies.

Michelle, I love Cardio Coach. I did Version #1 on my bike (set on a trainer) 2 nights ago. I was thinking, wow, this is Version 1. Should be easier than the others. Wrong... They are tough, tough, tough, but good, good, good! I love Sean's voice too. I did all of Version 1, including the optional challenge and guess how many calories I burned? Just slightly over 200 measly ones. I was sweating like a big dog, the drops were falling to the ground all around the bike. I even had a fan on me. Wish I could burn more calories. I can't imagine what #4, or 5 or 6 are like. I've only done Version 1, Version 2, Version 2 revised and Version 3. I'm hoping to do at least one a week to keep me in shape with my biking as I can't ride after work anymore with the time change and colder temps. Weekends, I just ride one day with a group usually.

I think starting a weekly yoga check in would be good, but if it really takes off, we could then go for every two days or something like that.

August, I wouldn't mind hearing how your Yoga for Dummies is each day. I'm sure you'll discover something different every day.

What's with our middle aged bloating bellies? Now I know why so many women like the low rise pants. They don't cut into our bloated bellies, that's why. August, how did the Activia experiment go? Don't they guarantee results of some kind on the commercial? Thought of you when I saw it.

Must go and read more on this forum.

Jeanette :7

Hey, Jeanette!

Welcome back home. You sound like such the energetic activity woman! That's awesome that you treat yourself to a massage whenever you want one. I guess that means you must have found a pretty good place. Do you always use the same person?

I have a friend whose father used to work at a high-security prison as a guard. Apparently sometimes he had to check cells, and said that he would find the most incredible things made from all sorts of small knickknacks...amazing tiny things constructed into weapons and such...but that they were really skilled to come up with all sorts of ideas.

Wow, you were in your choir for a good long time. Singing is supposed to be therapeutic. I'm starting to find that the yoga breathing has been a nice bonus for singing. Geez, horses, 4-wheelers, biking, camping...:eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL about your workout that spent 200 calories. Don't you hate that? When I look at my HRM after a hard workout to see I only burned a small amount of calories, I always tell my HRM watch, "you are sooo wrong, buddy, soooo wrong."

I do hope that Lora starts the yoga thread, there seems to be some good interest in it. I'd love to learn more about what others are doing, too. I did do my daily Sun Salute with my Basic Dummy workout, and it felt great. I've gotta say that it's definitely doing something to the way I hold my pooch. I can't imagine what else it could be.

I didn't get any noticeable change from having Activia for the 2 weeks they recommend. But I think Jana did, if she would just quit her job so she can hang out here more often with us like she used to ;) ....What? Activia "guarantees" you get results? What if results aren't met? Do I get something special for my efforts? :D

Okay, off to work I go.

Later!

>Eoin is pronounced : Waaaohhhheeeeen. Yes it's late....but do you know how funny you are??? I need to laugh, it's been a stressful week and it feels good to laugh!!

Now quit discussing yoga, this is a cardiohater's thread! When on earth are you guys going to start a yoga thread anyway???

Briee

AND....I think it's a conspiracy fueled by Soosan or her squirrel. I can't read any flippin checkins anymore without runnin into yoga. None of them are yoga free - What is this world coming to?

Briee (life becomes very scary when ya can't catch the sweet potatoe man and everyones discussing yoga:7 x( :p }( )

>>Eoin is pronounced : Waaaohhhheeeeen. Yes it's late....but
>do you know how funny you are??? I need to laugh, it's been a
>stressful week and it feels good to laugh!!

Thanks :) . I was actually giggling a lot when I wrote that to Michele. :7

HI there- August I did Mega Step Blast yesterday (is that the same as step blast?) and I really liked it (not rubbing it in-really)-I have to say I was so excited to see cathe in her early days- she was skinny then but to look at her now -she got even skinnier- her arms reminded me of my arms that I have now (not alot of definition)- so I was excited to see that she really has changed her body shape- it can be done!!yeahhh--talk to you all later-deb

Hey, Deb!

Step Blast couldn't be the same as MEGA Step Blast! Nothing can be the same when it has the word MEGA in it! LOL. It sounds like it's an old one. I've never even heard of it. You think Step Blast is a remake of it?

>and I really liked it (not rubbing it in-really)

You....you cardio-lover. }(

Wait a minute. Your arms are like Cathe's arms? HOLD ON HERE! Come back here and explain that, young woman!! You must have incredible arms!

NO, no, no- my arms now are like hers were back then- this tape is hilarious (no offense cathe) they have on the thong leotard with the lacy bike short underneath and her hair is really big--but her arms back then had hardly any definition in them (like she has now)- she has actually changed the shape of her body with exercise and her workout clothes are much cuter now- I really shouldn't say anything about workout clothes, if someone were to catch me in what I wear-it would be a candid camera episode--deb

Oh, I've got a Christi like that with the thong over bike shorts. Hot pink. I mean, the thong over the bike shorts - that's gotta be pretty dang uncomfortable, wouldn't you think?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.