The Classics or Cardio Hits?

NaturalBeauty

Cathlete
Hi everyone. I'm looking to add more variety to my step collection (which doesn't consist of much to begin with) and I was considering either the classics or cardio hits. Does anybody have these? Are the routines easy to follow? Which would you recommend? I was watching the clips for each one and the choreography doesnt look to complicated. Just needed help one picking one verses the other. Thanks!

Tassha

Tassha,

I had the same quandry when I was looking for more cardio workouts.

In the end I picked Cardio Hits and was very pleased with the workouts. I've been doing them regularly since I received them, (about 3 weeks ago). I might end up getting the classics also, but if you like Rhythmic Step, Cardio Hits has a similar setup. They have several step combos and also nice short cool down step routines.

Hope this helps,

Colleen :)

Cardio Hits--Power Max, Step Fit, and Step Works--is not quite as old as the Classics, and these are tough workouts if you like pure step. Power Max is actually one of my all-time favorites, and Step Fit has a nice, long stretch. (Plus, I actually really like the 90s music in Power Max and Step Fit. It reminds me of younger days and helps me keep my energy up.)

I have and like the Classics--Step Jam, Step Max, and Step Heat--but they are a bit older and not quite as much fun, IMHO. Although, Step Heat does have a short but tough abs section, and Step Jam was my first Cathe workout and still a favorite.

If I could only choose one, I would go for Cardio Hits, but I did buy them both and love em both. :)

Have a great day,
Dawn

Another vote for Cardio Hits! 'Do-able' complex choreography, less breakdown and the mix and match options are endless. I love step and these are some of Cathe's best.

Take Care
Laurie:)

I'll put in a word for the classics: fewer 180-degree turn moves, a better starting place if you're making your way through learning Cathe's signature moves (she intros some of them in these three workout). The 'look' of both of these series is dated (sweatbands, lace bike shorts with thong leotards over them), but they are still excellent workouts: good steady-state workouts for the most part, with longer pure-cardio than many of the more recent workouts.

I really appreciate all the feedback. Thanks guys. I've decided to get the classics first. Just to get familar with the moves and master the routine. I've shyed away from rhythmic step and step blast cause they seem so dancy and complicated. Hopefully one day I'll graduate to an advanced stepper. Again thanks for the input

Tassha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.