That was the nicest thing....

spyrosmom

Cathlete
My SIL has been very overweight since I've met her. Heck, I've lost a lot, but could still stand to shake a few pounds. She has dieted on and off and has been up and down, but never lost a whole lot. I saw her on Turkey day, and she is looking good. I know she has been going to the gym on/off for a couple months. She and I are Facebook friends, and I would ocassionally put up the workout I had done, or was going to do for the day. Then the WM starting allowing a direct post, so I've been doing that. Last weekend I decided to re-do the 100 pushup challenge and asked if anyone wanted to play along, and she jumped on in, doing modified pushups (go SIL, go!!!!) So that posts up automatically, too.

To make a long story short(er) last night I did the 1st plyo legs disc and posted it up. I came to check on Facebook this morning and she posted that she likes my post and "you go.....you motivate me to keep moving" OMG!!!! I am so flabbergasted. It appears that I am someone's inspiration/motivation:eek::):eek::cool: That has to be one of the nicest things anyone has said to me. I am far from svelte, but I can hold my own w/ the weights and the cardio, and most days am happy with me.

I am on cloud 9. I should've saved those plyos for today, I'd be jumping sky high!!

Nan

Congratulations Role Model!!

That sounds so nice. Maybe you could get your SIL a Cathe Christmas Gift.

My family hates all aspects of fitness and vegetables. I was thinking yesterday that people need to find the right exercise that they enjoy or it will never work. My SIL's use to dance as kids and I know they would love step.

Nan, you are just cute and I think it is great that you are such a motivator! :) I always knew you were a good egg! Happy Holidays!

nan that is a nice thing. sometimes some ppl just need one good person to connect with to keep them going.

kassia

Congratulations Nan!

The best I get from my friend/co-worker is "you B**ch!" when she sees or hears my progress on weight loss. She "works out," but only 2-3x per week. Her excuses are always the "time of year." She's always got way too many social obligations at the holidays, in the summer, etc. that she keeps missing workouts. Well, if she were serious, she'd get up in the morning for it!

So, eat it up Nan! Bask in the wonderful feeling that you are motivating someone and giving them the strength and will to keep working out and getting healthier!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.