Thank you from TX Gin

Kristi and Bev, thanks so much for the wristband! I wore mine for today's workout, along with my "we're in this together" wristband from last year's Road Trip. In fact I'm still wearing them!

Thinking of you Gin, and sending lots more ((((hugs)))) and healing thoughts and prayers!!

Gin,

Glad to hear your surgery went well. I pray for your continued recovery. Thanks for posting your news so quickly after getting home. We were all anxiously waiting to hear how you were doing.

Gin,

I'm so glad your surgery went well and that your prognosis looks so positive--that's wonderful news! I'll look forward to more progress reports from you as you have time. You are so inspirational in your outlook and attitude! You rock!

Take care--

Gin,
It is so good to hear from you!!! I am praying for your speedy recovery. You are so determined and positive. I know you will be well soon!!
I can't wait to see you again!! Hopefully before the 2010 RT!
Thank you for keeping us updated. I look forward to hearing from you again.
Much love and prayers.

Hugs and Prayers

Gin:

Your faith and courage inspire me more than words can say. You will never know this side of heaven how many lives you are touching and changing through your testimony. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and have been wearing my cOurage wristband in your honor since Ash Wednesday. Have a restful and blessed weekend with your loved ones.

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Last edited:
Gin,
I'm so happy to hear that your surgery went well and I continue to keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. How wonderful to have this whole Cathe community and so many others pulling for you and sending prayers and well wishes. Keep strong. Your friend in fitness . . .

Dear Gin, I too, am so happy to hear your surgery went so well. I have been thinking of you and praying for you everyday. I wear my wrist band all the time (thanks Kritsti and Bev) and said an extra special prayer for you at church on Ash Wednesday. Your family and husband are so loving. It is wonderful to see you surrounded by so much support and love. We all care for you deeply and we're looking forward to seeing you workout out soon again. Until then bon appetite ;) and lots of (((((((healing hugs)))) coming your way. And Wally if you are reading this, thank you so much for taking the time to update us about your very dear wife. You two are blessed to have one another. ((((((Hugs to you too))))))

Hi Gin,

So glad to hear they got all the cancer. Thank you for the update, I've been thinking about how you are doing.

Keep being strong, and positive. You are going to be just fine and stronger than ever before.

Keep us all in the loop on what is happening as time goes by.

You are such an amazing family.

Prayers and (((hugs))) to you and your family as you continue to successfully move through this journey.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Virginia!

Virginia, your wonderful news truly turns this dreary, rainy Sunday morning into a bright and beautiful day. Ohmigosh, I just couldn't ask for better news and I'm grinning from ear to ear!! :D

I've been following Wally's and your incredibly eloquent and moving updates at your caringbridge page and have had you both in my prayers each day, and of course I am proudly wearing my cOurage bracelet. Each time I look at it, I think of you and send (((HUGS))). I know you've still got a long road ahead of you with treatments that will be no fun at all, but I also know that you are a steel magnolia inside and out, and that you'll come thru this just fine and with that beautiful smile always on your face.

You and Wally are inspiring to me in so many ways, Gin. I am so glad to know you, and to have had (even through this terrible ordeal) an opportunity to have a glimpse into that amazing husband of yours.

Prayers and more (((((HUGS))))) to you both!!!!!!

Virginia, I'm very late in coming to this thread, and I wanted to add my voice to the chorus of Catheites who are saying, "YOU GO, GIRL!"

I've always valued these forums in part because the common bond of love of physical fitness is only the beginning of what we share here. That you're willing to open up here on your profound challenges, and to share the vulnerabilities as well as the strnegths, teaches all of us a great deal about how to live a meaningful life.

Please know that you are in my thoughts, and I look forward to future updates. You remind me of Lance Armstrong, who called his testicular cancer "The Bastard". And attacked it with the same zeal and commitment to recovery that you now do. Keep rockin'!

Annette

Hi Gin, :)

I just found out about this now. I wish you much love, strength, and good health as you continue to heal and in the years to come. <3

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.