Terrible customer service ????????

I agree that Cathe's Customer Service is the best. I've only had a couple in instances that I had to e-mail them. I got a response very quickly both times.

Extremely vague post

A vague comment about 'rude' customer service doesn't deserve a response. Can we let this post just die?

RE: Extremely vague post

I was one of the people who posted on that thread. I paid for 2 day shipping on the CTX DVD set and my DVDs didn't arrive for almost a week. SNM would not refund the extra money that I paid for shipping. That's the truth--and thank you Fanny, I totally agree with your post. Many people at many sites hold up Cathe's customer service as being perfect and some of use have not had that experience. I did inform SNM about the problem--I was talking to a SNM rep when I was told that they were too busy to request shipping refunds for everyone who gets their tapes late. Since I didn't appreciate that response, and I was speaking to a person in a managerial position who acts as a representative of Cathe's company, I no longer order Cathe tapes through this site. I wouldn't have brought this here had this thread not been started, but since it has, and those of us who honestly relayed our not so stellar customer service stories have had our motives brought into question, I am responding. People talk about their customer service experiences, both good and bad, on websites all over the internet. Cathe is not and should not be immune to criticism when it is due.

RE: Extremely vague post

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-03 AT 12:45PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-03 AT 04:08 AM (Est)[/font]

I can tell that some people think that everyone is saying that you MUST say that Cathe has great customer service..yes, alot of people would agree that everything about Cathe and her service rocks, but I just see the sharing of positive experiences as a sharing of good experiences with the SNM staff to those with less than-stellar interactions with the SNM staff-to show this doesn't happen to everyone...
I don't think anyone is tryin' to quell the complaints, but to offer their good interactions with SNM as a comparison.

How many times though, equals bad customer service? Once? Twice?
Of course it depends on the harshness of the experience no doubt...

Another reason why people are jumpin' in and saying their good experiences with Cathe/SNM is that alot of people have just come away satisfied, and it could be that there are alot more people with good experiences than with bad just a thought...

I have got to throw my 2 cents in on this one.
Whoever say Cathe/Snm provides terrible customer svc is a
LIAR!!!!!!!!!
IF ANYONE NEEDS TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SVC DEFINED TRY PLACING AN ORDER WITH POWERSTRIKE AND SIT BACK AND WAIT. YOU WILL THEN
FIND OUT WHAT CONSTITUTES TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SVC!

My Point Made!

Tjaded

Well, I think that people who make sweeping generalizations about people with opinions other than their own and call them nasty names are rude.

I would also have to say that your "2 cents" isn't worth even that.

My point made.

I'm sure that Cathe respects everyone's opinion, but the amount of bickering going back and forth is ridiculous! This is definitely not the forum for this discussion. I agree with fitstick - can't we just let this one die?????

I have been watching this thread and finally decided I need to add a comment.

I love Cathe and her vids and sending of tapes/returning of tapes is wonderful.

BUT, I have had 2 poor customer service experiences over the phone. First, I did not instigate a poor call so whoever said the caller must have a bad attitude is incorrect. I listed the 2 item numbers and each case asked to verify the item name. Both times, the lady got very short with me and said she knew nothing about the items, had nothing on her screen, didn't know the names and said "I just take the orders. We have nothing to do with Cathe". I said nothing more but decided to do all ordering online from then on.

This was my 2nd bad call. My first one was similar but shorter. Again, the representative was somewhat rude, and very short with me. Just wanted my info and wanted to get off the phone.

I place a lot of phone orders and in both cases, the customer service members were not polite to say the least.

Also, could we stay civil here? Cathe is a top notch act but that is not to say that every aspect of her company/website, etc is perfect.

Let's relax a little people and consider that everyone is human.

Tjaded,

I suggest you rethink the words you choose prior to posting. Your post is insulting, inflammatory and quite frankly demeans you.

Nuff said.
Hedy

I am so sorry to have posted about it :'( ! I could not ever imagine this kind of reaction :eek: !

Actually I didn't expect a reply either, since I only wished to tell Cathe what had been said !

If I had had Cathe's mail address I would have sent it there but, since i have not, I don't feel it is the wrong forum to talk about this because "it is the forum to ask cathe questions" and I haven't read anywhere "only about videos".

I didn't start it to vote the best or worst customer service...I don't understand why this thread is going on.....

can we stop all this, please ??? :D

Hi Samantha,

I just want to say I'm sorry about your experience on this forum. We're usually much nicer to each other here. I think I understand what you were trying to do, just letting Cathe know what was being said so she could look into it and take steps, if necessary, to maintain her stellar reputation. I didn't see anything derisive in your original message, and I think there was simply a little misunderstanding. Cathe has a very loyal and protective following, as you can see.

But I think the time has come for all of us to forgive and forget and just move on.

Like I said before and I will say it again, Cathe & snm have great customer svc and whovever said they didn't is a LIAR!!!
I just had to add an addtl 2 cents to my last 2 cents.
Obviously your one of the people complaining about cust svc which frankly I don't give a kiddy. Your Point means nothing!
My point made, once again!
Tjaded

HI EVERYONE,

I DONT WRITE IN OFTEN, BUT I ALWAYS READ YOUR VIEWS AND COMMENTS, AND VALUE THEM. SO PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGY FROM NOW IF I OFFEND ANYONE, THOUGH IT IS NOT INTENTIONAL.

BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT SOME OF THE COMMENTS TODAY MADE ME WANT TO CRY AND IF CATHE READ IT I AM SURE SHE WOULD CRY TOO, AS I DONT BELIEVE THAT SHE EXPECTS THIS SQUABBLING FROM US AS MATURE ADULTS, I BELIEVE THAT EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION WHETHER WE AGREE WITH IT OR NOT, WE SHOULD AGREE TO DISAGREE AND
TAKE "REAL CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM IN THE SPIRIT THAT IT IS GIVEN" WHILST REMAINING DIPLOMATIC.

I HAVE TO SAY IT BECAUSE I THINK ABOUT MAJOR ISSUES LIKE THE WORLD PROBABLY BEING ON THE BRINK OF WAR RIGHT NOW, AND LET US NOT FORGET THE SAD DAY OF SEPTEMBER 11, SO PLEASE EXCUSE ME IF I HAVE TRIVIALISED THE DEBATE ABOUT TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

HOTCHICK

I would just like to thank Tjaded for making cathe fans look like insane animals, the tazmanian devil comes to mind. Cathe and her reputation were much better off without your embarrassing attempt to defend them.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again, I could care less what you have to say to me.
I expressed my opinion and Im not changing my opinion so If you feel I made you and the others look like animals, so be it!
Tjaded

Thanks a lot Wutherhi for taking the time to read my original post and understanding what and why I wrote it !:D
It seems that U are one of the few U really read before replying actually !

Don't fear, I know that usually people are nice here because, even if I very rarely post, I have been reading this forum for a long time ! :) :D

By the way, I am a Cathe's "fan" as well, I am very happy with SNM service (as I mentioned in this and previous other threads)
and I have almost everysingle video Cathe has come out with so I am 100% with U !!!

Samantha

All,
When I orginally posted my message My intent was to defend
the customer svc because from my experiences I have never had
bad customer svc from Cathe but have from others. Thats the only point I was making and it was never intended to offend people on this site. However when I saw the two vicious comments posted
directly at me I got very angry since I did not mean harm in the first place and responded in kind.
This is one of my favorite forums and I really hated to make such
commotion about this, had I saw it coming I would never have said a word. However I am not changing my opinions.
To the person who said I was an animal I only wish I could growl at you in person and to the other stinky's who thought my opinion was not needed-neither was yours!!!!!!!
Tjaded

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.