Terrible customer service @ BeachBody (P90X)

Liz66

Cathlete
Wow - just thought I'd share my experience. Last week I tried to order P90X on-line, but the on-line ordering system was down, so I 'chatted' live with someone. I was given a price of $99 +10% off,shipping and handling was $19.95, so I wanted to order. I had to take a phone call, and by the time I got back to my PC, the on-line guy hung up. So I did the live chat again, and was told that the cost was $120 + 20% off, shipping and handling was $14.95. Well, close enough, I thought, and I asked if the free upgrade to express shipping still applied on the order. Yes, it sure did, but the shipping was $19.95. Huh? I was told that I was getting a 'new' package and that extra 'equipment' was being sent, hence the new s & H cost. I asked what I was getting that was extra and was told an exercise band. I responded that I understood the exercise band to be the 'free surprise gift'. I wanted to know exactly what I was getting in this package, but the on-line chat person wouldn't tell me. Bascially, I was being charged a higher price for the same product. Fine, be honest and tell me the price has risen, don't tell me a bunch of stuff about a 'new' deal! Anyway, I didn't order and hung up. After lunch, I thought I'd just go ahead and get the darn P90X and, lo and behold, I got the $99 +10% off guy again. What did I pay? Just what he said. Yay! I ordered... It should be delivered tomorrow at the latest...

So I call this morning to check on the status of my order: P90X is on backorder... my order should be processed soon.

Let's say that I'm less than thrilled with the customer service. Quite a contrast to the service Cathe provides!

Liz

I've read too many horror stories about their customer service. Anthing from quadruple charging, from charging accounts a year after the order was placed, and it goes on and on. That's why I bought over Ebay. I probably paid just a little less than you but honestly, I was afraid to buy through them because of their horrible reputation.

Carolyn

There have been so many horror stories about ordering from BB on these forums, that I would never order from them.

BeachBody is a NIGHTMARE! I was lucky enough to be able to purchase P90X from a fellow Catheite so I didn't have to deal with that company, but I have pretty much sworn off ever ordering from them again unless they have something so totally and completely amazing that it's worth the unbelieveable hassle.

DANG! I wish I would have known this... I wonder what trouble I'll have if I try to cancel? What do you think? Now I'm worried about it...

I just got mine a week ago, no hassle, came sooner than I expected. Now I am going to watch my credit card like a hawk! I kept my on-line receipt and also some e-mails back and forth with them when the site would not let me put in the discount code. Otherwise they were really responsive. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

From what I've read, the nightmare stories are from people who chose the multiple payment option. I think your safe as long as you authorize one payment.
I ordered from them and received my package in one week. I authorized one payment, kept the internet receipt and the shipping invoice.

Hi there, I ordered online and had no problems about 3 weeks ago and it took 7 days to get to the midwest. But the interesting thing is this morning I was flipping through the channels before work and found a P90X infomercial....I was stunned. I had never seen one before and didn't think one existed. So, that may be part of the problem with the backorder.....sudden demand!

Amber

I've had a tough time with them too. I had one bad experience w/their CS, but what bothers me the most is they make it extremely difficult to pick & choose what you want to purchase. It's like, buy 10 DVDs or don't buy any at all.

So I get them from ebay now as well.

I ordered from them on November 10th and just got it yesterday. I chose the multiple pay option. I will also check my CC to make sure nothing is charged that's not supposed to be charged. I ordered Yoga Booty Ballet from them many months back and had no problems. I used the multiple pay option then as well.

Marcy

Just wondering what those of you who just got your package got as your free gift. It looks like my free gift is a protein bar. I was kind of hoping it would be a band. Did everyone get the same thing?

Must be hit & miss poor service. For years I've ordered online & multi-payments never any issues at all. I had a shipping question a few weeks ago about the recovery drink... was answered in less than 48 business hours.

I think it definitely is hit and miss. I had ordered Slim Series a year or so ago and had no problems. I ordered the Turbo Jam Maximum Results package and no problems, but before I ordered that package I ordered the original Turbo Jam workouts and I thought there were no problems until 9 months later I checked my credit card and they had charged me for something I had paid for almost a year earlier and it wasn't just one additional charge it was two. I went back and forth forever with customer service until they finally fixed the problem, but that incident has left me hesitant regarding Beachbody. I had been one of the lucky ones until that happened.

You guys are really making me nervous about using my credit card with these people... I got the protein bar too. I didn't realize it was a "free gift" I thought it just came as a sample to let you try it so you would order it. I hate half yesterday. It's not too bad. I have had a lot worse!

no probs except that the shipping was extremely slow. i bought them separately. one dvd was damaged so he gave me a replacement. he accidentally gave me 2 dvds of the chest and back!

laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.