tempted by the dark side...

delfin

Cathlete
Yesterday I at McD's... and pepperoni pizza... and cookies... and chocolate. I gave in to the dark side!!!:eek:

You are human. Nothin' wrong with that! I personally would go outta my mind if I never gave in to temptation! It's what you do MOST of the time that counts, not what you do SOME of the time!:) :9 }(

oh me too!! my mom brought over homemade peanut butter cookies yesterday...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... and i had not one, but two glasses of wine with dinner. the dark side felt great!

I had a roast beef sandwich, & a few Butterfingers, AND some strawberry pie last night!

You know, I watched that "Work Out" reunion last night & was really pleased to hear Jackie say that they all stuck to pretty strict diets during the week & ate what they wanted (within reason, of course) on the weekends. I pretty much follow that & while it works for me, I always wondered whether I was doing myself a disservice by gaining 2-3 lbs on the w/e & then losing it during the week (meaning is this continual cycle of gain/lose unhealty). I was relieved to find I wasn't alone.

Message being, splurge on the weekends! You've earned it! :)

You gotta live!

If you were doing this every day, then I would worry. Every once in a great while it feel so good to indulge in the foods that we never really eat (like sweets for me---------I have such a sweet tooth!!!).

Besides, if you work out on a regular basis, then you are in really good shape here!

I just made dark chocolate brownies last night. Guess what I am eating for dessert tonight!!!!!!!

:)

"Life is too short - Be the best you can be every single day!" :)

I saw the reunion as well and was glad to see she said that (BTW...what's up with her and Rebecca?!). I don't think it's a problem because you are probably not really "gaining" 2-3 pounds in a weekend. It could be water retention or the scale just being "off" certain days. In order to gain 3 pounds, you would have to eat a TON of calories and burn none of it off. You work out and are active, so you are definitely burning.

I try to keep everything in moderation. I am sooooo good about exercise, but my diet stinks! I think if I had negative repurcussions from my diet (like weight gain) I would be more apt to do better, but as of yet, I haven't had a problem. I am 36, so I am sure that will not last much longer!!!

Until then, I will stick with my peanut butter M&M's!!!

Lorie

>I saw the reunion as well and was glad to see she said that
>(BTW...what's up with her and Rebecca?!).
>Lorie

Strange stuff, huh? Rebecca is very young & I'm getting the impression she's using Jackie to further her career. I think Jackie is gonna get burned in a major way. I'd feel sorry for her but darnit, she's a smart & savvy businesswoman, how can she let this dingbat chick play her like this?
:eek:

Jackie may be a good businesswoman but she has crap taste in women. Mimi and Rebecca both make me ill.

Lorie

"I always wondered whether I was doing myself a disservice by gaining 2-3 lbs on the w/e & then losing it during the week (meaning is this continual cycle of gain/lose unhealty)"

Nah...it's water. Carbs hold a ton of water.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.