Tell me about your weighted ball!!

NicoleP

Cathlete
Hello,
I have a 2lb oof ball that I really like that I use when Cathe use's her 8 lb med. ball. I would like to get a heavier ball for the hardcores. What would you recommend and where could I get one retail?
Please tell me about your balls}(

What weight and size should I go with etc... etc... ect...??

((HUGS))

~Nicole

Hi there!

I have a black rubbery kind of 10 lb medicine ball that I got at Wal-Mart for $16. It's a huge challenge to use it during Cathe's ab work but I was unable to find an 8 lb ball I could easily afford.

Good luck finding a ball that works for you!

Mine is a 10 pound ball as well, purchased from WalMart because it was the most economical. 8 ponders at other stores cost 40 some dollars. Mine was cheap, $16 sounds right.

Hi Nicole,

I have several weighted balls (just dosen't sound right no matter how I type it :+ ). I did get a 6lb ball from Walmart that worked well. It was priced reasonably.

jordan

I have Ooof balls in 2, 3, 4.5,6 and 9#, a 10# sand-filled ball I got somewhere, and a 5# red ball. I bought the Ooof balls online as a set, so got a good deal.

I don't like the other balls as much, because they are sand-filled and the sand shifts. Not nice and balanced like the Ooof ball.

Thanks everyone for the information on your Balls:D ( Jordan you are right there is just no way to post this LOL...... I had good giggle :D I will have to check out the balls at walmart!!

Kathryn I know what ya mean about the oof ball! I just love mine!! I orderded mine way back from firm direct. I thought they did not make them anymore??

This question came at a good time. I got a new ball delivered today and I love it! It's the little 4lb one on the top of this page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search.htm...l=node=3375301&keywords=danskin+weighted+ball

What a deal at $7.99! I might go back and order one of the heavier ones. Right now Amazon has them marked down and it qualifies for free shipping. I ordered this one for my TLP Core Cardio and my Fitball Upper Body Challenge workouts. They are smaller than the ones Cathe uses, but on the above workouts, you need a ball you can "palm".

For Cathe's workouts, I have a 4lb one that's the size of a small basketball. I lucked out and found it on sale at Target for $10. Unless I find a simular deal for a 6lb or 8lb ball, I'll stick with what I have, or sub a dumbell.

:7 :7 :7 Forgive my silliness, but I got a new toy to play with!

Diane

I don't know if they make Ooof balls anymore or not. I heard something about that, too.

I just got a catalog from www.fwonline.com (fitness wholesale) that offers several types of medicine balls. Some sound like the non-sand-filled ones like Ooof balls are.

I was just at MC Sports the other day and they had a GREAT sale going. They had the small, soft, weighted balls in 4#, 6#, and 8# for great prices. I think the 6# was 9.99. I'm going back today to get one.

I also have a 4# med ball, which I love, and I have an 8# (same as Cathe's) from Power-Systems (I purchased it at FWonline).

I do have some 3# Reebok soft weighted balls. Now I must have the 6#, too.

I just ordered Fitball Lower Body Challenge. If I like it I'll order the Upper Body Challenge, too, and I'll need the soft balls.

Let's face it, I'm a fitness-equipment addict. No way around it. I love my many colors of weights & balls, resistance bands, etc. to entice me into my workout room. }(

That's my "balls" story.:7

Marla G.

Ooops -- I meant Dunham Sports -- they're the ones having a great sale.

Going there now -- to get more weighted balls. ;)

Marla G.

I looked for one forever. No store within a 45 minute drive from me has medicine balls! I ordered mine online from Gaiam.com. I paid $14.99 for a 7 lb ball. They still have a sale going but the prices have gone up a little. A 2 or 5 lb ball is $14.99. A 7 or 9lb ball is $19.99. Those were the best prices onlune I could find when I was looking. :) Renee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.