Tapout XT

jengollf

Cathlete
I discovered Cathe workouts about a year ago and have not been interested in anything else since--and I have a huge collection of workout DVDs/programs. I'm still not really interested in doing anything else except my now-huge Cathe collection. However, the Tapout XT program has been sparking my interest--especially the new Tapout XT 2.

Has anyone does these workouts and if so, what are your opinions? How do they compare to Cathe workouts? They're obviously very different, but how do they compare in intensity/effectiveness? Also, how do they compare to other programs such as Insanity?

Thanks!

Tap out xt

Thanks Jen for posting this question.

Really wanted Tap out too. They do not ship in UK and they do not accept any foreign credit card:mad: I would do with some feedback on it though

That is a shame!:eek:

TapOut

I went through TapOut and it was good. I noticed more results with Cathe but it was challenging. I liked him as an instructor. I'm not a big "jumper" and there seems to be a lot of that. The new TapOut 2 has definitely caught my eye though. I like the equipment and what I've seen of the core workouts but again, not big into the jumping. Maybe I will ... on the fence.

Hi all. I just got Tapot XT 1 and I did a few of them. I liked them, but if you are looking for polished coreography and exact reps, you may not enjoy it. As you all know, Cathe's cueing and counting is pretty spot on. Tapout - not so much. If you are doing a right and left side, you really have to count yourself. Mike seems good, but there is a lot of "if you want ai Tapout body" blah blah. It did not bother me, but I could see how it could make some people crazy. Lots of band work, which was good.

Thanks for the input. I'll have to think more on it. I'm more interested in Tapout XT 2 than 1--if I decide to get it, I might skip straight to 2. Although Cathe's new workouts will be my priority! I will be pre-ordering as soon as she posts them!

Great thread! I have been interested in Tapout XT for awhile. I have Rushfit and Bas Ruten which are MMA style programs so of course Tapout XT caught my eye. Les Mills Combat is also one that has peaked my interest. If only I had more time and money they would all be mine!!!!! ;)

Last edited:
I really like the mma boxing.it has sprawls and tough judo moves great for the core.the total body also works the core hard.upper and lower is done at the same time so light weights are used. on the bonus workout one of the moves is mule kicks.he can put his legs straight up in the air!I like the crocodile and gorrila moves.

laura

I just purchased RushFit like an hour ago from amazon. I did the Hard Strikes DVD today and loved it so much I started searching for other MMA/boxing workout tapes and found RushFit. I cannot wait to incorporate it with Cathe tapes!

Did I say I loved Hard Strikes!!! I was sweating buckets!

Great thread! I have been interested in Tapout XT for awhile. I have Rushfit and Bas Ruten which are MMA style programs so of course Tapout XT caught my eye. Les Mills Combat is also one that has peaked my interest. If only I had more time and money they would all be mine!!!!! ;)

That's my problem too! I want it all! And I used to be really good about rotating through most of my programs/workouts but ever since I discovered Cathe and hoarded all of her workouts, I never touch my other DVDs anymore--which is what makes me hesitate to invest in another trainer. I keep thinking I will go back and do them again at some point, but I have not wanted to yet.

BTW--I am also really interested in Les Mills workouts. In fact, before I discovered Cathe last year, I was getting ready to purchase the barbell/step program through beachbody. Then I discovered Cathe workouts and I never got around to buying it. Anyone have any feedback on Les Mills? Because I am still interested.

I really like the mma boxing.it has sprawls and tough judo moves great for the core.the total body also works the core hard.upper and lower is done at the same time so light weights are used. on the bonus workout one of the moves is mule kicks.he can put his legs straight up in the air!I like the crocodile and gorrila moves.

laura

Were you talking about the Fight Conditioning workout? That was one of my favorite ones too!

Rushfit looks intriguing - did you like it?

I did really like that program. I still attribute my abdominal strength to Rushfit. I didn't make it through the whole rotation because I got super busy and kept falling a workout or two behind. I want to do them again soon but I have been working out with my neighbor to help her lose weight and the movements in the workouts would be too advanced for her.

That's my problem too! I want it all! And I used to be really good about rotating through most of my programs/workouts but ever since I discovered Cathe and hoarded all of her workouts, I never touch my other DVDs anymore--which is what makes me hesitate to invest in another trainer. I keep thinking I will go back and do them again at some point, but I have not wanted to yet.

BTW--I am also really interested in Les Mills workouts. In fact, before I discovered Cathe last year, I was getting ready to purchase the barbell/step program through beachbody. Then I discovered Cathe workouts and I never got around to buying it. Anyone have any feedback on Les Mills? Because I am still interested.

I know exactly how you feel! I have some JM workouts that I have barely down because of my Cathe collection. I also have rip60 which I haven't done yet as well as Supreme 90 and Weider X-Factor. I intend to use them but then a new Cathe DVD will come out and then I get so focused on her workouts that I forget about all the other ones.

what cardio did you do if you followed the rotation?I had a hard time deciding after doing all those squats.Running would be good but i do not like the treadmill.

Laura

I just realized I never replied to this post. I did a lot of Step for the cardio days in my rotation. I also had some Hiits which looking back wasn't very smart since all of RF is a Hiit. I read online that some people did/do strength training on the cardio days. I think that sounds like a great idea myself -- especially since Cathe told me during one of her Q/A sessions that workouts like Supercuts can be done in between strength training days.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.