Tape suggestions, PLEASE

ok all you workout guru's - Im going to be starting night school shortly and Im looking for a tape to replace my circuit training class I do at the gym. I currently own one cathe tape MIC- which is INCREDIBLY hard and I ABSOLUTLY love it. But Im looking for a new tape that will give me a little bit of everything (cardio, weights-lower and upper, etc.) but EXTREMLY intense, And from judging the cathe tapes I thought interval max would be a good one or circuit max, can you guys give me your opinion and run-down on these.

Also your opinons on any other tapes like The Firm, anything that will make me sweat and i'll be able to feel the burn.

Thanks a bunch
lori

Circuit Max

Body Max (a total body workout)

Interval Max

The whole Cross-Train Express (CTX) series

Alas, I'm a Cathe Monogamist, so I don't know of any others to recommend!

Annette q. Aquajock

My vote goes to CTX. I like the intensity and short cardio followed by one body part. If you like Circuit training, go for Circuit Max. Body Max is a toughie - cardio, power circuit and upper body. Interval Max, my favorite, is pure cardio.

Haslina

Based on your post, Circuit Max, Interval Max, and Body Max popped into my head. A quick run down of each...

Circuit Max...a warm up then 6 circuits, each circuit lasts 7 minutes with 5 minutes of cardio followed by 2 minutes of compound exercises (ie. squats with simultaneous bicep curls), after the circuits Cathe does a little extra isolation exercises for your back. The circuits consist of 2 hi/lo, 2 kickbox and 2 step circuits.

Interval Max...a long warm up follwed by 10 tough intervals. I cant remember the length of each interval, but it's roughly 3 minutes of tough stuff (mostly step work) followed by a minute or 2 of an interval blast like plyo jacks, and then a brief recovery.

Body Max...a 90 minute tape, a warm up followed by about 25 minutes of intense, fast paced stepping, then 19 minutes of leg circuits (ie. a brief step routine then an isolation exercise for legs such as squats or lunges), I believe there are 5 leg circuits total, then you do endurance oriented upper body work for chest, back, shoulders, biceps and triceps, then you do a grea ab workout. I tend to split this workout up into 2 days b/c I rarely have time for a 90 minute workout.

You cant really go wrong with any choice. In my opinion I cant go heavy enough with the weights on Circuit Max to get any significant strength gains, but the it's a kick butt cardio routine, and my muscles do feel fatigued during the workout.

Have you considered Power Hour for a great one hour strength routine (I know you're looking for a circuit tape, but I just love Power Hour!)

Hope this helps,

Stacy

I think Im going to go with the Bodymax, because I am looking for a super tough workout that has everything. Thanks guys.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.