Tanning

How do you stay tan? you always look like you have color and amazing! please everyone let me know your secrets! I'm trying to stay out of the sun and tanning beds whch i should have done years ago!! thanks!

Love your screen name!

I don't have an answer for your question, but I wanted to comment on your screen name. It brought back such fun memories for me. First year of college at SLU, went downtown after the win, wild fun night!! I had a mid-term the next morning in English but got an A! Thanks for the memories :D BTW, I too shun the sun. I use L'Oreal products for my fake tan and they seem to work pretty good. Cathe does look great though, doesn't she?!!
Paula

I actually went to SLU to! How irionic. And I am a huge cards fan and go any games. Thanks for the loreal tip as well. I've used tons of self tanners and they are alwasy orange!

I am also one who suffers from the effects of to much tanning (both from the sun & beds)in my youth. I am now 38 yrs old & have had 2 spots of skin cancer removed. Going for yet another biopsy in July. The only safe tani s a fake tan.
I do miss having the glow from tanned skin but it's just not owrth the risk IMO.

Just putting in my 2 cents. :D

Tanning lotion

Hi i am also a white white chick and also try to stay out of the sun. What i do 1st for about a week or 2 is us jergens lotion for fair skin to get a good base tan. Then i use Bare escentuals faux tan from QVC. Haven't found anything on the market better. It has a dark mud appearnce but that is so you can see were you need to keep blending. It is not orange and i get lots of shocked looks when i tell people that it is fake. I love it!!!!! I would not use anything else. You can not put it on your face but she has made a faux tan face powder that you lightly buff on or you could use a face bronzer. I have done both with good results. I am a HUGE Bare escentuals fan and use there base and other makeup. I would try it. I love it. Tricia

I also use BE faux tan lotion and the face faux tan powder. It really is good stuff. Plus it doesn't smell bad like most of them. :)

Since we're talking about self tanners, I tried a new one recently and love it. It's Hawaiian Tropic's Island Radiance. I used the gel formula last year. This year they came out with a creme lotion. Gave me great color and it has a nice tropical smell.

I gave up

I embraced my paleness. When I was young I had several severe sunburns. One of them turned the top layer of my skin black(charcoaled like a piece of grilled meat) because I don't notice soon enough that I am already burning. I was very young. The sunscreen just didn't work. It hurt a lot. Thats what I get for having red heads in the family. I wish I could tan but it hurts way too much. I always bundle up on sunny days. Long sleeve shirt, khaki pants, hats, zinc oxide on my face. I look like I'm on safari. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.