Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

Viper, Katie! I don't have that one but it looks so intense!

I just finished 45 of XTrain Legs: I made up my own premix: warm up, standing, barre and stretch. I would have loved to do the floor work too or the hip thrusts but I need to get moving. After church Hubby took the older boys to B's baseball game but dropped JTrain and CDawg at a friends. So while they were gone I had such plans to clean, prep veggies for the week, do a long workout and clean. But I ended up playing 3 games with Little K and fell asleep between. And now I need to finish dinner prep: clean lettuce and shred cheese for the crockpot fajitas.

I think I'm going to check out the calorie burn and do the most in 30-40 min all days this week, mixing up circuits, HiiTs and weights. I'm thinking a lot of RWH. But I may want to throw in PRS 1 or 2 for a major fun factor!

Hi Renee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My legs get real sore when I did the PLB workout which I think I am going to do sometime this week. Or legs and glut I love that one cause of the music and I love the ankle weights.
Today was cardio and weights but didn't do the sit ups.
Enjoy the concert Katie! I know that still must be exciting !
Lady Lep I really like x10 DVD and need to add it in more often! I was just thinking about that today. Well thinking about what workout to add where I can do 10 minutes of a cardio before a weight training to sneak in cardio more. And I wonder if x 10 would do that if I just do the warm up and the 10 minutes of cardio the go on to the weight DVD? I bet that would work perfect to sneak in cardio without actually spending to much time on it. I mean in weight training days I feel like I need cardio and that may be why I am still looking like Budgy? Idk
I found out the new house there is no Internet at all! Like nothing! I heard the commit here has asked for it but not enough people for them to run it here! What in the world! I don't mind not having it but what if we need it to apply for a job? I sure don't want to go to library again they limit the time and hard to save resumes. Oh it's hard to explain. And the cell phone can't get signal either! How are we to call? I guess I have to get regular house phone. And use my cell phone when I am around a wifi. No wifi where we are going! lol! I guess it will be good for us. But there is no TV cable either!
I guess I will be able to go to bed on time, and write my book. Perhaps learn how to do veggie cooking more. But I will need to go get a book not Google. It's funny how we all got so use to google so fast!

Renee, I love B&G too! And I like your idea of sneaking in some cardio before weight training! I wonder if we could do the same with a tabata from TTM, CF or Tabatacise? But I'm wondering if you get the same thing from one of the RWH circuits? Or isn't that heavy was enough? I'm not sure. So Tabatacise warm up and one of the tabatas then move on to Burn Sets or LIHI, skipping the warm up? Sounds like a need for workout blender to me!! I think that'd I can figure out how to make my Xbox work with on demand and premixes come in...I'd be hooked! Maybe I will try that formula this week, quick HiiT blast followed by LIHI. Now I gotta go check that timing out.

Ok here's what I came up with: 13 min Tabatacise warm up and tabata w/ blast and 36 min RWH LIHI BBS no finishers and no warm up. So that would be just under 50 min.

I'm rethinking my calories again, and trying to go back to basics: drink half my body weight in ounces, no food after 8pm (I tend to mindlessly eat chocolate) and trying stay within my calories which is 1400-1800 focusing on 120-150g protein daily. Today went well, I ate 1533 today with 405 exercise calories burned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly Lady Lep! Taba would be along the lines of what I was thinking. Not every time but on some days to burn some extra calories and burn some around the muscles and the do the weights to really pump it out and the eat up the fat around them. 50 minutes isn't bad for cardio and then weights. If we do LIHL you wouldn't need cardio cause it is already cardio and weights. But like let's say you are planning PUB that day the do one taba before doing that. Or PLB and taba before that one. Does that make since ? But if the workout is a circuit or something that is enough cardio for that day. And I like to do one that is only cardio a long one once a week,

I'm not sure if this what you meant but....

This morning I did tabatacise warm up and tabata 13 min and LIHI BBS no finishers 38 and no warm up. I'm not sure if I'm going to go legs tomorrow circuit form or what. I'm sore from yesterday's Legs and my arms are already sore.

Hi Katie!

Okay I wanted to do a taba before I did the upper body but had to hurry. So I did the PUB and I really love that workout. Just straight forward weights and I felt some sore biceps already! Used cathes weights except the biceps I used only one lower !! I can't believe it

hi girls! sorry I was off of here yesterday. I did RWH low impact hiit #2 plus core max #3 and jivamukti yoga. I was super tight in my lower body and shoulders, so good to get yoga in. today I did GS legs. that one sure fries my lower body. will probably do some UB tomorrow and then HiiT on Thursday when I get the boys early and I am crunched for time.

renee and ladylep-- sounds like you girls have some great ideas for workouts! I used to do that when I was trying to get more cardio in. then I read that by doing too much cardio in a week you can actually keep from losing weight? I don't remember who wrote/posted that. but something about how training too hard will actually keep you from losing sometimes. I have done the rotations with super heavy cardio and not sure if I lost or not. I think I have to find a really nice balance between the cardio and weight work plus yoga. I still find it strange that I was at my very thinnest when all I did was ashtanga yoga 6 days/week. I stopped all of my other workouts and just focused on learning/mastering the primary series, and the weight just came off. I think I would be afraid to try that again, though! I am also nine years older now.

renee-- that sounds incredible that you have no cable and no wifi! no cell? I think I am too addicted to do that all the time. it happens when we go up north and I like it for the time, but then I am itching for some WiFi. :rolleyes: we used to never have it, though! think of how different the times were! the concert was nice, thanks!

ladylep-- great job on the workouts and on charting your calories!

have a good day--

katie

I don't know if I posted this before, but I ran three miles, and I did my upper body. I hardly ever weigh myself, but I go how my clothes fit. Good luck to all.

hi girls! dreary days here lately-- feeling more like winter in the air :-(. I have the boys today, but it is so windy and wet that we are stuck inside. we carved a jack o lantern-- thank goodness for indoor activities. anyway, today for me was GS chest and triceps plus B&G Stability ball abs. that chest workout is killer to me! the drop set push ups, then 3 sets of 12 presses and flys with 20 lb dumbells. it really fries me! I had to drop to 15s on the last two sets of flys/presses when she does them on the incline step. was completely at failure. at least the triceps work isn't as intense as the chest!

great job on the run, Caitlin, and the UB work! guessing you must have some nice weather now!

hello renee and ladylep! hope your Wednesday is going well!

katie

Down pour all day today, but in the high 60s. I have wondered about too much cardio. This week it will be 3-4 times, first was 10 min, then 30 and then circuit tonight, maybe PRS Friday.

RWH CLB abs mixed in, unfortunate it froze at 19 min and I had to skip to the abs and then when it happened again I ejected it and wiped it down. I popped it back in and thankfully it worked! That is a toughie!! I find it similar to CLB, but I like it better maybe because I like the abs mixed in? Tomorrow I'm hoping to get in RWH LIHI chest tris shoulders, no finishers or 2 sets and finishers. Friday I'm torn between PRS or LIHI legs! We will see. I been thinking about what to take to Disney that's quick and no mor than discs and a band. I lent travel fit to my mom and she doesn't know where it is so that out. My guess RWH for the HiiT, TTM and CF. I was thinking about x10 but don't they all use wts? I know I'll be walking a lot every day. But I have to take something!! I wish I had sent my mat with my in laws who drove down...I won't be taking it or any wts, just discs and band(s).

Hi Katied and all,

I used to run every day but I can't do it now. I want to increase the length of my runs, eventually to five to even eight to ten. I did run the Marathon and I really like to run. I can't stand doing hi lo now, and the Christi Taylor older ones really bore me. I do cardio every day, but I try to take one rest day a week. Yesterday, I did Low Max, and I did my Lower body with Muscle Max. I have to work up to Body Blast, and I am not really in a position to buy more workouts and the newer ones really don't interest me.

This morning I did RWH LIHI upper no finishers. I was going to do 2 sets and finishers, but she does the 2nd&3rd sets so I didn't know what weight she used and I didn't print out a wo card. My chest is going to be screaming at me tomorrow. I started with her wts for everything but shoulders., but couldn't do all sets at her weight.

Caitlin- I can't run at all, except what little Cathe does in her workouts so I think that's great!

hi girls! today for me was hiit 40/20. that workout is brutal! I really think that is the most difficult of all the hiits for me-- even the new RWH ones. those jumps in the beginning get me, and then the step with four risers on each side?? yikes. and all those butt kicks. I did definitely get my butt kicked today! I am super sore, too, in my chest and tris (from the GS workout yesterday). tomorrow I will hopefully finish out the GS series with back, shoulders and bis.

Caitlin-- that is great that you enjoy running. I only run when I have to (i.e. away on vacation) because my flat feet just can't take pounding on the pavement, nor can my knees. we all have bad knees in my family. my brother (who still runs 10 miles a day) has had two knee surgeries. blech. anyway, glad you have a workout you enjoy!

ladylep-- sounds like you had a frustrating experience with the workout dvd! I hate when that happens! our xbox was starting to play dvds funny-- pausing for a few seconds for no reason-- and it drove me nutsos during workouts! anyway, I use a dvd player now, but good you were able to wipe it off and fix the problem. sounds like you have gotten great workouts in!

hello renee! good seeing you on facebook! sounds like you are getting great workouts in, too! have you figured anything out for your wifi/internet/cell at your new house?

have a good day all!

katie

Ladylep, I have to be really careful, and I wear this huge McDavid Knee brace on my right knee. I also do not run every day, and I run every third day. My speaking about 8 to 10 miles might not be feasible, but I would like to get up to 5. Maybe, I can try to do three and a half tomorrow. I really don't like kickboxing that much, but I did Hard Knocks today and my upper body. It is pretty good that my age, over fifty, I can look fit and toned. I have to get Frank to take more photos of me, and since Catskill is upstate, there must be a gym I can join. I heard there is a lot of snow up there. I think I would go crazy if I could not run. I wish I could run every day the way I used to. My doctor told me never to run outside, but gyms cost a fortune is NYC, so I do it anyway.

Okay last night I did tabadasize premix one and the PLB. It really got me metabolizing the fat more it felt like.
The day before was step heat.
Lady Lep yes it is what I was meaning to do! And it really seemed to make me sweat more. Anyway you did great to! I don't know what I am doing tonight.

Katie I do not know what to do for internet yet. Kind of irritating lol

PRS 2 premix mix 1&2 32 min. My heart really wasn't in it. I, very tired and a little nervous every about packing tonight and getting out the door for Disney tonight!

I've decided to take: discs, 2 fire walker loops, tubing (not sure what I'll do with that), RWH, TTM and CF and sneakers of course!

Renee that sounds great. I wish I were in a position to buy more workouts. Lady Lep, I know what you mean. I ran three and a half miles today, and when I came back, I walked up 7 flights of stairs. I was saying the Hail Mary to please let me finish. I am supposed to do my legs, but I may wait until tomorrow.

Hi girls! Happy Halloween! Rest dayf for me today, but yesterday I did GS back, shoulders and bis plus core max workout #1. My right elbow is flaring up lately, as is my left knee. Ugh. I haven't been using my arnica enough, I guess. May buy myself some compression sleeves for each.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation, Ladylep!

Great job on the workouts, Renee and Caitlin! Hope you figure out an internet service provider, Renee!

Hope the rain here clears for the trick or treaters,

Katie

I am taking a well deserved rest day today, Running those four miles wiped me out, and I was crazy enough to finish by walking up seven flights of stairs. I was saying Hail Mary's, and other prayers to please let me finish this grueling workout. Yesterday was legs and yoga. I hope you foot gets better, and I have this stupid dumb knee and I wear a Mcdavid knee brace. I also ordered Cathe's new calendar to keep track of my workouts. Great jobs on all those workouts. I am not bothering withICE at all

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.