Syracuse NY

3kids

Cathlete
My DH just got an interview for Friday in Syracuse! We live in Fl and are originally from PA. I can't say I'm over excited. I want to keep an open mind about it because my DH is so excited and it's a big deal to his career. Our kids start school next week and I'm not thrilled about taking them out mid year to move. Does anyone live in or near Syracuse? Know anything about schools and such? I'd be so appreciative. I have to look around the area while he interviews to decide if I like it. It is so different from Fl and so far from our families, I don't know how this will work. Not to mention trying to sell our house in this slow market. Thanks everyone for your input:)

I live about 2 hours east of Syracuse. I don't know about the schools or such, but wanted to tell you that it is beautiful up here. There are 4 seasons! Fall is gorgeous! There is alot of snow and it gets cold, but it is worth it when spring rolls around. I wish I had more to offer, but I wish you luck!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/154/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

From the little I know, the schools in syracuse are typical city schools, not the best books, buildings, etc. you are better off living outside the city if possible.

my firends just bought a house about 20 min outside the city in a quiet neighborhood. I'll check with them if i can! good luck!!! -Tina

Syracuse has a lot of nice suburbs and there is lots to do. The only drawback IMO is the amount of snow--lots of lake effect snow. I'm usually passing through to attend a meeting or hit the state fair in August but I have friends who live there and seem to enjoy it. Just outside the city there are plenty of opportunities for boating, hiking, and camping if nature is your thing.

I live about an hour north of Syracuse (Watertown/fort Drum, my Husband is military). The schools in NY state are supposed to be in the nations top 10. My son is in 1st grade and I love it so far, it's alot different then when I went to school, they put a lot of resposibility here on students and really challenge them. Also one thing to look forward to is you can buy a really nice home for little money. I can't forget, you will be close to Canada which is nothing but fun.Try going www.nnymls.com if you want to have a quick peak at what homes are on the market.

Good luck to you and your family.

Watertown....Sackets Harbor....Cape Vincent...Alexandria Bay...Chaumont.....my favorite summer stomping grounds! :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.