Supreme 90 day workout dvds

marianimal

Cathlete
I just saw a commercial for "Supreme 90 day workout dvds". They look like a combo of P90X and insanity. They are only $19.99 for 11 dvds. Has anyone ordered them or tried them?

You probably want to read the complaints thread... very scary scammy feedback!

I copy & pasted some of what was written! Buyer beware! I didn't personally post this - it just seems very alarming and wanted to share the feedback from the poster.

Pam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALERT: Terrible company

I just clicked on the website and noticed it's a Telebrands company. I googled Telebrands and Telebrands scam. There were so many compliants against them! They also sell your information to other companies.

Here are some compliants:

Quote:
Written by XXXXXXXXX, on 27-08-2010 15:53

BUYER BEWARE TELEBRANDS AND TELEBRANDS INT'L THIS COMPANY IS ASSOCIATED WITH VARIOUS PRODUCTS AS SEEN ON TV. BARK OFF, PASTA POT, HEEL CREAME MAJIC JACK, WINDSHIELD WIPERS, ETC., TELEBRANDS IS NOTARIOUS FOR EXCESSIVE CHARGES, CHARGING YOU FOR MERCHANDISE NOT ORDERED, SHIPPING WHEN CANCELLED AND A STRING OF OTHER UNLAWFUL AND UNETHICAL CHARGES AND HAS BEEN FINED BY $800,000 BY A US FEDERAL COURT IN 2007, BUT CLEARLY STILL OPERATING THE SAME. MY $9.99 PURCHASE TURNED INTO $130.84. THEN MY LOUSY BANK, CAPITAL ONE INSIST I SPEND OVER $26.00 TO RETURN THIS JUNK MERCHANDISE IN ORDER TO GET MY MONEY BACK.

Quote:
Written by XXXXXXXXXXX, on 24-08-2010 13:52

Total scam. They overcharged me for memberships I said no to. I am immediately filed fraud charges with my bank before order ever shipped. For them to add a bunch of things I declined is completely illegal! If you place an order, record your call to prove what you orderered. It tries to add. A bunch of memberships on your card at the end. I declined by saying no and pressing two for no. At the end it said I accepted everything. As this is blatant fraud I called the bank immediately and am able to file charges. If you place sn order please record it so you can file charges too. This company needs to be stopped.

This is from the BBB.org:

Quote:
BBB processed a total of 1342 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 1342 complaints closed in 36 months, 428 were closed in the last year.

These complaints concerned :

216: regarding Advertising Issues
18 - Advertised price not honored
8 - Advertised terms not honored
11 - Advertisement did not disclose all conditions required to take advantage of an offer
73 - Advertisement misrepresented a product
1 - Advertisement misrepresented a service
22 - Bait & switch advertisement
15 - False or unsubstantiated claims in advertisement
68 - None of the Above - Advertising Complaint Issue

186: regarding Billing or Collection Issues
21 - Failure to correct billing errors
1 - Failure to provide itemized billing as requested
143 - None of the Above - Credit, Billing or Collection Complaint Issue
11 - Unauthorized bank debits
10 - Unauthorized credit card charges

6: regarding Contract Issues
1 - Failure to honor a contract or agreement
2 - Invalid or false contract
3 - None of the Above - Contract Complaint Issue

8: regarding Customer Service Issues
3 - Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services
2 - Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance or support
1 - Inappropriate behavior by customer service personnel
2 - None of the Above - Customer Service Complaint Issue

156: regarding Delivery Issues
14 - Delivery of unordered products
136 - Non-delivery of products
6 - None of the Above - Delivery Complaint Issue

40: regarding Product Issues
13 - Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received
27 - None of the Above - Product Quality Complaint Issue

463: regarding Refund or Exchange Issues
80 - Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit
306 - Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies
77 - None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

213: regarding Sales Practice Issues
79 - None of the Above - Sales Complaint Issue
77 - Sales presentation did not disclose complete pricing information
8 - Sales presentation misrepresented the product
7 - Sales presentation misrepresented the service
4 - Sales presentation not consistent with advertisement
29 - Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices
9 - Sales presentation used high pressure methods

54: regarding Service Issues
3 - Delayed completion of service
42 - Improper or inferior service
8 - None of the Above - Service Complaint Issue
1 - Unauthorized service

WOW! Thanks for the info. Too bad it is such a bad company the workout actually looked pretty good. And I had assumed that Tosca Reno would be reputable. I will wait until I find it at Walgreens or CVS rather than order from Telebrands!

I came across this set on line right before Christmas and my first instinct was to laugh. How can you buy an 11 dvd w/o program for only $20.00 and it not be junk I thought to myself! I saw it for sale on a website that didn't have much info on the program though. No separate descriptions of each work out. No video clips. Nothing. Just a generic description.

Anyway, I still tend to believe that if it's that cheap that it's not very good but if it ends up getting decent reviews on VF or here you know I'll be the next one in line to buy it!:p

You can actually order the Supreme 90 dvd set from Bed Bath and Beyond. I saw on the VF thread that someone had bought from the store so I went to look at my local BBB and they didn't have it. I asked a guy at the customer service counter if he could look it up in their computer. They didn't have it listed on their website but when he looked up the company inventory it showed they did carry it so I'm having it shipped to my house. It cost $28.99 with tax and shipping. Not bad for 10 discs.

If you don't have a BBB near your house you could probably call their customer service number and order it from them. The sku# is 18109743, if that helps.

Hope that helps!

Laura

There is a lot of info about this on VF. People are starting to receive their orders and someone has posted a breakdown of exercises, times etc. They sound good! While I won't order I will definitely keep my eye out for them in stores. Tom Holland is the instructor and while I am not familiar with him it seems he has a lot of postive feedback from those who do know his work. Tom and Tosca make me think the series is credible but maybe not the distributor. I plan on checking the As Seen On TV store in the mall also.

If Tosca is involved, I am guessing they must be good. I am interested but will check out the reviews before ordering.
Cathy

As others have stated, we've been having a few lively discussions about this set over at the VF forums as well. I'm actually looking forward to the reviews of this set. I feel much better about it knowing that it will be available in stores, as I do not trust that online company or their website.

I'd like to have more short duration, effective workouts for those time crunced days. I saw the infomercial on youtube again today. I'm not familiar with Tom Holland. Alot of the exercises mimic some of those that we've seen in other workouts (P90X, Katami Bootcamp, and other popular moves). But, who doesn't use the same moves in workouts in different ways??. The only thing that annoyed me was that they kept saying 'muscle confusion,' so I can understand how or why BeachBody might have an issue (not sure if Beachbody has a copyright on the term 'muscle confusion'). I also figured that if Tosa Reno is putting her name on it, it can't be all that bad, right?

Laura/severin817: thanks again for all of your outstanding detective work regarding the availability of these sets at Bed Bath & Beyond. Having the SKU number really helps!

Anna Benson talked about "muscle confusion" in the original Firms from the '80's. I don't think BB has any claim to this one. That idea has been around longer than BB.

Yes, the term muscle confusion isn't new and has definitely been around a long time. I just recall someone at the VF forums saying that Beachbody may have been trying to argue that S90 is a copycat of P90X. I have no idea how true or false that statement is. I just know it was the one thing that stood out to me on the S90 infomercial as an annoyance. To me, it seemed like the man presenting the product (Tom Holland?) was trying to be like Tony Horton in the delivery of his pitch. However, that didn't annoy me enough to not still be interested in the product. :D

Last edited:
You can actually order the Supreme 90 dvd set from Bed Bath and Beyond. I saw on the VF thread that someone had bought from the store so I went to look at my local BBB and they didn't have it. I asked a guy at the customer service counter if he could look it up in their computer. They didn't have it listed on their website but when he looked up the company inventory it showed they did carry it so I'm having it shipped to my house. It cost $28.99 with tax and shipping. Not bad for 10 discs.

If you don't have a BBB near your house you could probably call their customer service number and order it from them. The sku# is 18109743, if that helps.

Hope that helps!

Laura

And if that's not cheap enough, you can go into the store and use a 20% off coupon.:eek:

Laura- thanks for the SKU number.

I just ordered this set from- BBB( Bed Bath and Beyond). I used my five dollar off coupon and the total came to 22.84 (with tax and shipping). This is definitely a bargain for 11 dvds! I will post reviews once I have had the opportunity to do the workouts.

Supreme 90 Day workout video sample

I have found a nice long video clip on youtube. It gives a good idea how the workouts are organized (or not) and how fast-paced the reps are. It could be ok for something different, but it won't measure up to Cathe's quality workouts, although I admit that the exercisers have very nice muscle definition. I think, if you prefer that the instructor works out with you you might not like this. It's definitely more along the lines of Bob Harper except Tom Holland is friendlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YJkEfjPd6U&feature=player_embedded

I love these workouts! I haven't done all the upper/lower body workouts because I'm doing STS, but the cardio dvds are great... :D

I'm loving this set!
I'm following the rotation and just started week 3 (though it's taken me 5 weeks to get here because not having a car for going on 5 weeks, due to repairs, has screwed up my schedule).

I just wanted to chime in to say that I too am loving these workouts! I have only done the 2 of the strength workouts thus far (Chest & Back; Legs), but I love them! I try to do the Legs DVD at least once per week. I think the set is an incredible deal at just $20 (even less if you use the Bed Bath & Beyond Store Coupon).

I feel great after each workout thus far. I'll start sprinkling in the cardio workouts soon. I'm not following the rotation, so I'm just doing workouts where I can.

Marcia: To answer your question, the strength workouts on average range from 30-40 minutes. I love that the workouts are short, and they really pack alot of content in there. I can't speak to the cardio workouts, but I believe the entire series was designed to be time efficient, with all workouts 45 minutes or less.

Hope that you have a chance to try it out!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.