Super Dooper Mom's Check-in

Melanie, now I'm getting jealous. Noah is doing lots better, but he still screams every night at some point or two or three points. He goes to sleep around 8 and then I give him a bottle around 9-10 just to be sure he isn't hungry (he's asleep, but I take him out of crib and stick it in his mouth just to fill him up, he goes right on sleeping). But last night he woke at 1 am and screamed. I ignored him and he finally went back to sleep. But did I???? NOOOOOO and I layed there until he screamed again at 4:15 and then I gave him a bottle and he sleeps until 6-6:30 and he's up. AND I'M TIRED. I always ignore him until 4:15 or so, but he still continues to wake at 12 or 1 and sometimes 2 and 3 and screams for a while and then lays down and sleeps. Enough complaining. Sorry.

Emy.....you got me all jacked up here. I'd love a challenge. Whenever I take a few days off, I have a hard time getting motivated to do ANYTHING. So I got a copy of Muscle and Fitness just to possibly give me a little motivation and then I read your post and I think I'm sufficiently psyched to hold me for a while. Problem is what kind of challenge. I want a hard and heavy challenge. I'm still trying to add bulk to my shoulders and upper body. But Melanie probably wants a cardio challenge, and shopaholic doesn't need a challenge she's 101 pounds for pete's sake. So what type of challenge are we looking at here???

Regarding diet, I should not call myself a vegan because I am not a true vegan. I don't eat meat and dairy, but I do use honey in some baked stuff. And I have been using a protein shake from Nature's Basics which contains whey. AND I have been using homemade plain yogurt in a protein shake in the mornings, but many mornings I use a veggie protein instead. I stay away from sugar like the plague, but I do have a donut day about every 3-4 weeks or so. (And boy do I have a donut day like no other donut day in all history - we're talking like 5 or more donuts and I eat almost nothing else although last donut day I ate like 10 homemade chocolate chip cookies on top of it). And then I low carb for the most part. I do NOT do atkins.

I eat a protein shake post workout in the am. I eat a big salad for lunch and lots of veggies through the day (see I do eat carbs, just NO breads, pasta's, crackers, grain type things). I guess a sample of dinner would be a small homemade tortilla piled with lettuce, salsa, refried beans (black refried soy beans are lower carb) or better yet (I just discovered these) a Boca Italian Sausage on flax lo carb bread - oooooooh these are heaven on earth. Many nights I skip dinner and have a soy kefir drink. I snack on almonds or other nuts. My family eats much more normal, but I'm used to not eating what they eat. I admit I have been blessed with all kinds of locarb products because of this little amish "bent n dent" store a mile up the road and they sell me BOXES of atkins and carbolite shakes for .25 a can and all brands of lo carb bars for .10 a bar, so when I do want a snack I grab one of those. Our kids eat way to many these I'm afraid as they are cheap!!!

Sorry to ramble on, so let us know what your thinking about Emy, I'd LOVE a good challenge to make me work. Wish you guys were closer, in the P90X he talks about his Sunday workout buddies and I wish I had a bunch or friends who I could workout with one day a week to really push each other to the limit. Wouldn't that be fun!!!

Briee

Briee! Oh, how I feel for you! How long does Noah cry when he gets up at 1AM? Just curious. Do the other kids wake up too? That's tough! I don't know how you have energy to workout when you're so sleep deprived?!?!? Justin rarely sleeps 7 hrs straight. Last night went to bed at 8pm & up at 11pm (usually is closer to 12AM)...then he was up once more at 330AM. The 330AM feeding I could do without. On the positive side, he does eat and go right back to sleep. I can't complain about that, right? I go right back to sleep too. No insomnia on my end, whatsoever. ;)

**Melanie**
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Briee (and all), I have turned my brain to the ON position for this weekend and will be brainstorming for some sort of challenge. You are right though, should it be cardio, strength, a mix... we all have different preferences. Maybe we should recruit aquajock to custom design a few original MOM challenges for us! You all brainstorm too, and the first person to come up with our first challenge, please speak up!

Peroutka for President
www.Peroutka2004.com

I'm up for some sort of a challenge, but I can't be a vegan (I admire you, Briee). I think that would take a great deal of conviction and I don't have it. But reducing the fat/sugar/starchy stuff would be good and upping the fresh fruits and veggies.

take care everyone!

Maggie
(have to go, Bardric is asking for a buh, ma ma, ma maaaah--that's book, ma ma:7 )

How about a diet challenge too?!?!? ;) 24-48 hrs for starts?!?!?

**Melanie**
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Oh no now you've gone a little overboard Emy...asking Aquajock to design a moms workout - do you enjoy pain???? :7 :7 :7 . JK - GOOD idea actually. I'm sure she'd come up with a winner.

I was doing her upperbody workout once per week prior to the P90X and it's fantastic. I need to get her lower body workout as I think I'm doggin it a little in that area.

Maggie...it didn't take conviction at all....just pain. I was having those breast infections continually when I was nursing and it wasn't until I switched to this diet that they got a "little" better. Almost as if God instituted a diet for me and now I'm feeling so much better on it that I stick with it. So I take absolutely NOOOOO credit for sticking with this type of eating. But I wanted to point out -and you caught it- that you should try limited the breads, pastas, crackers, etc and increasing salads, raw veggies. I have to quit eating something in order to "get over" the craving for it and I admit it takes a few months to stop the craving. BUT it can happen. NEVER ask God to help you - I think I must have done that in the past and he promptly answered me :) :) :) :) . (you know I'm kidding - I seek HIS help daily.)

Emy I'll keep thinking about the challenge!! GREAT IDEA!!

Briee

Briee--I stand corrected;-). Still I admire what you are doing.

Melanie--a diet challange along with the exercise one Emy suggested sounds good.

I wonder what Aquajock would come up with, just for curiosity's sake? I'm a glutton for punishment.

take care
Maggie

Hi all. I feel bad that I didn't read the posts yet. I just have a few minutes to post my workouts here and never ended up posting last week, even though I had worked out! I think I'll cheat and enter both weeks here since I'm proud of myself. This has been such a busy and stressful time for me. Last year, in the spring, my business was so slow that I was worried about it. Now I am doubling and tripling what we used to consider a very good month. The money is so nice, but the hours are very hard. Especially with a 6 week old. He sleeps pretty good at night. He will sometimes go about 4 hours for the first middle of the night feeding and then 3 1/2 for the second, so most of the time, it's not too bad. It's just so time consuming having a 3rd baby to get ready and to nurse, etc. He's really worth it though. Jake just started smiling. My older 2 (son who is 7 and daughter who is 4 - almost - both Nov. B'days) just adore him. On to my workouts or else I won't have time to print any pictures of him and my husband is getting a lot of flack from the doctor's offices he calls on for not having any pictures yet. :)

4 weeks postpartum (after c-section or I would have started in at 2 weeks):
Sat: All Step up until 2nd section - due to lack of time only
Sun: All Step last section and Power Max section 2
Mon: 10 10 10
Tues: Off
Wed: Step Blast (section 1 & 2) (is that the name of her newer step video with the 3 intervals at the end?)
Thur: Off
Fri: Leaner Legs 25 lb bar

Last Week (5 weeks postpartum)
Sun: All Step
Mon: Step Blast section 1 & 2
Tue: Step Blast section 3 and intervals, and Power Max section 2
Wed: Off
Thu: Step & Intervals
Fri: Leaner Legs with 35 lbs
Sat: Off

Hope everyone is doing well, and I really hope that I have time to read everyones posts later. I still have about 6 lbs to go. There are some pants that I want to fit into again. They zip, but just don't look like they did before pregnancy. It is a huge goal of mine to fit into my size 2 leather pants for the xmas party that my SIL throws every year. I bought them last year before I knew I was pg and vowed to wear them before they didn't fit, but didn't make it. I am so afraid they will never fit again!

Take care,
Stacey
Baby Jacob born 9-13-04

Hi Stacey! Congrats on your workouts, however---I feel like I MUST voice my concern that you may be doing too much too soon. It's recommended that you wait at LEAST 6 weeks after a CSection prior to exercising. I know this is hard, I had a CSection too---but you have to ease back into things, or you might take longer to heal. I"m sorry, I sound like a mother hen...just concerned. ;)

Also, you may find the postpartum posts more useful with such a itsy bitsy baby...as the moms there have younger babes. You are ALWAYS welcome here though. Please don't misread that!!! We decided to branch off to just "Mom" instead of "postpartum Mom" when we realized many of our babies were reaching their 1st birthdays. :D :D

Great group of ladies we have here.

Anyway, RELAX and enjoy your little one.

**Melanie**
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.