Sunday in the Cheetah Den- Dec 9

linda-I have tried them a few times and enjoyed the workout. I am really trying to incorporate them more into my workouts as i think they are very effective. enjoy!!

carole- so sorry to hear the hip pain came back, UGH. hopefully cutting down on the running will help you alot.

cathy- accutane is not working out as hoped. i have a dr.'s visit this month i will tell them to up the doseage a little. i am hoping that will work for me and i won't have to stay on the higher doseage for long. thanks for asking. great workout today. good job getting outside in the colder weather:)

christine- don't you just love decorating the christmas tree!! we did our's on friday and had a blast.

wendi- love the workout you came up with today!!

judy- headaches are awful, so glad it's gone. so what did you think of the itread n ballet?

wendy- glad you and dh enjoyed yourselves at the wedding! soooo, did you get in your yoga;)

Sunny - I am unsure on how to fit them into my rotations. Are you supposed to still do traditional strength training and then KB maybe once or twice a week? I am glad you enjoyed them! I hope I do!

Good evening ladies!

So I think I solved the shin pain mystery and it's actually kind of funny. SO and I were warming up before the tournament (we always go early to throw a couple of games to loosen up) and it started to bother me a little. I went up for my next shot and reached across the ball return to get my ball. Only then did I realize that I probably did it Thursday night at some point as the edge of the ball return hit that exact spot every time. It's probably just a good bone bruise, thank goodness. How I didn't notice it sooner and why it has never happened in the past, oh, 12 years I've been bowling at that house I don't know *shrugs*. At least I know it's nothing major like a splint or a stress fracture. I feel kinda dumb right now...

Anyhow, I had a great series (730...240ish average) but SO struggled a bit (636). We ended up one spot out of the money...oh well, next time. I was also able to get all the lights on the tree and will probably relax tonight and do ornaments tomorrow.

Christine - Enjoy those hard earned booty DOMS }(. I actually kind of like booty DOMS because then I *know* I got a good workout. I have looked into private insurance and it's way out of my budget right now. Eventually I will have a "normal" job with benefits...hopefully, or my pony's lease will get finalized *rolls eyes*. I just can't swing another $250 a month, I don't even make enough to cover my existing bills. As it is, I have basic cable and still use dial up...so you KNOW it's bad.

Sunny - So glad to hear your back at it! Nothing like a good workout to revitalize ya!

Wendy - It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate today. I hope you get that yoga in.

Cathy - Great workout today! I had to LOL at "tuning up your skis"...I know nada about skiing and didn't realize that they needed tuning up :p. I know you are really looking forward to Colorado. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Carole - So sorry to hear that your thigh/hip pain is back. I hope it goes away quickly for you. I didn't think it was a splint because impact didn't effect it. I am thinking it's just a bone bruise...I've had more than my fair share and those buggers hurt. I should have recognized it...DOH!

Linda - Snow in Arizona had me baffled, too :p. Oh, more booty DOMS for you, too }(...feels good, doesn't it ;-)? That was quite the workout you did today! I couldn't imagine tacking anything on the end of CF, much less B&G...WOW!

I think that catches me up for now. Hasta manana Cheetahs!

Cathy – you have to come out to Tahoe some time. The skiing is not as good (nothing beats Colorado), but it’s gorgeous with views of the lake, etc. If you ever get the urge, let me know – we’ll do a girl’s weekend. I can’t ski, but I’ll try! Yes, it’s probably time to upgrade your skis. You can always rent to see how the longer ones do for you. When are you going?

Carole – sorry your DH’s Packers beat your Raiders! I would love to come watch football with you! We ended up at the bowling alley Strikes – and had a good time. Sorry the pain came back.

Linda – I’ve heard Apple will be coming out with a new iPhone in 6 months that will take advantage of an upgraded network – so it will be faster. My DH asked me if I wanted to wait, but I just shrugged – you have to bite the bullet sometime. I’ll let you know what I think. It’s cool that it comes with 4 hours of training if you need it. Enjoy your DOMS! It’s so easy to get caught up in the latest and greatest. I understand kettlebells are fabulous for functional fitness training. Enjoy them.

Sunny – Oh yeah, decorating the tree is SOOO much fun. DD14 and I really had a good time.

Wendi – Glad you found what’s bothering your shin! I’ve done that, too. Makes you wonder, doesn’t it? I like Booty DOMS, too. It feels like you’ve worked. I think our DS23’s Blue Cross is $120 a month – which is still a lot of money. I hope your pony’s lease gets finalized soon!

Well, I bagged the workout in favor of getting the house decorated. So, the tree is up, the stockings are hung, and I watched the Pats beat the Steelers! YAY! Now, I’m relaxing watching the Ravens get creamed by the Colts. Oh well. As I had no moments to spare today, I’m glad I skipped my workout. The achilles is feeling much better. Nothing like a good round of calf raises to stretch out that achilles.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.