SUN-SHINY CHEETAH WEDNESDAY!!! :) :) :)

Hello again, cheetahs! :) :) :)

Lorie :: congrats on making a breakthrough with one of your tough cases…we do that kind of gift swap with the extended fam…it’s fun!…How ‘bout that XDF now scramblin’. Tut tut. I know we’re not surprised. It’s funny how when the heart makes the right decision, we are at peace.

Judy :: yes, I’ll be skiing 3.5 days out West…Meant to ask you again for a NY resort recommendation. I know you told me last year, but it escaped my mind. I’ll write it down if you’ll tell me one more time. Pretty please. :) Glad you are enjoying the TM…Haven’t seen the latest RW. Really need to re-up my subscription.

Wendy :: great w/out all things considered…Is Core Syn the one with those wacky Dreya rolls? I swear, Tony has a thing for her.

Christine :: smiling at the partially blinking lights…always reminds me of Clark Griswold. I will check out Sunnyside Lodge and Northstar. Wow! DD’s pumpin’ a 40 lb. barbell for biceps. Rock on!! Is the training part of her phys. ed class? I’m gettin' my giggles at school ‘cause our kids are square dancing. Against their will…Got a good laugh over Jimmy’s pool antics today. He’s such a little loveable guy, even from afar.

Elaine :: happy birthday!! We miss ya 'round here. :)

Made me think of Barb, too! Hope you enjoyed your Chanukkah.

Carole :: so, what would be an example of a white elephant gift? Would love to hear more about it. Sounds like you have a wild & wacky crew there at the parlor. :) How’d the run go? Leg behave for ya?

Wendi :: *joins the group hug*…great job getting out there! You sure had a long day yesterday – sheesh! Glad you got out at a reasonable time today. This boss of yours sounds like a real bastard. I have the most bizarre mental picture of a heavyset (I believe you said he was not fit), balding, gray-haired man with a moustache and jacked-up teeth who’s constantly out of breath.

Jackie :: right now, with the 4DS I aim for a min. of 30 min. cardio. Ranges between 30-45. Yeah, I had a Homer Chia. Think I was in college at the time, so I might be excused for that one. Still like the Simpsons, though.

Shelly :: you were right – KCM is good. The one I have is Step-boxing. I did the tutorial first, which helped. Stayed with it for the most part, getting only slightly tripped up on what I believe was the 2nd combo. Footwork wasn’t too fancy, as you said. Different moves. I liked it. *lol* about my work. Yeah, they do have climate control issues. Would you believe my room was 80 degrees today?? We were roastin’! The ironic part of it is they are on this big energy conservation push to keep budget costs down, so every week, we get these reminder emails to shut off lights, computers, turn down the heat, etc. at the end of every day. That’s all fine and good except for one small problem. Like many of my colleagues, I have no thermostat to be able to control the heat. So, those of us with the heat cranked to Carribbean temps have to actually open the windows in order to breathe. It’s so wasteful. There’s the bass-ackward public school system for ya. *lol*

Sunny :: nice workout...you are diggin' that turbulence training, huh?

Thomasina :: cracked up at the phrase “the other lady with the horns.” Love your way with words…your posts always make me smile…I think today’s KCM vid can top any workout music…there were actually a few minutes at the beginning where there was a turkey gobbling in the background. Loudly. I shid you not.

Did I get everyone? I hope so. My brains are gettin' a bit scrambled this week. Thing are über-düber busy at work. Amidst a mountain of other things going on, the kids are throwing a baby shower for one of our team teachers, and lucky me, I am the one they enlisted to pull it together. So I've had the pleasure of chasing kids for money all week, and then tonight I was shuffling around Babies R' Us like a lost soul. You guys know my love for showers of any kind. *cough cough sputter sputter* I think there's a whole 'nother circle of hell just for baby and bridal showers. I bought the baby something called a Piddle Pad, which I thought was just hilarious. I think I have some 8th graders who could use one of those.

Tonight I did KCM's Step-boxing Vertical premix (39.5 min.) which included core work at the end. First time trying this one. I did the 10 min. tutorial beforehand, so that helped me learn some of the moves. Overall, the choreo wasn't bad, though I had a few missteps in the middle. I don't think it will take TOO long to get this one. I liked Kelly and thought the workout was fun and quick-moving. Except for the crazy turkey gobbling music in the beginning (which made me laugh), it's a solid workout with some good premix options. Afterward, I did my own B&G mishmosh - short & simple but a decent burn:

deadlifts
hammer punch
firewalkers (with the purple)
low pulse lunges
squat/lunge combos

OK, off I go...have a GREAT night, cheetah babes!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Hi Girls.

I am losing track of who I've thanked for the wonderful cards so far so I'm just gonna thank everyone I've gotten one from so far...Shelly, Susan, Lorie, Judy, Cathy, Wendi, Linda, Christine, Jackie, Kristi. I think that's everyone so far. THANK YOU!!! I'm loving it!:)

I actually sent out more then half of my Cheetah cards a few days ago and just wrote out the rest tonight along with all of my other cards to family and other friends. I will go to the post office with them tomorrow....I have no more stamps which is why I didn't finish them a few days ago to begin with . :)

Cathy, YUP-Dreya rolls is right. I am not a fan of that move but I do it anyway. LOL Tony has a crush on Dreya for sure and the thing is that I don't get it. I don't think she's cute at all!!! What do you think?

Lorie, Glad you are feeling better. It's nice to see you in good spirits with the holidays approaching.

Judy, Hey, there's nothin' wrong the TM! ;) I love it but that could be because it's how I got started running. BTW, I rarely hit 6 miles in 60 minutes with the ITreads. I've only done it once so far but then again, I hardly ever did 60 min ITreads prior to just recently so we'll see what happens with that!

Christine, Lots of lifting makes me hungry too! I'm waiting the appetite increase to happen with this round of the X! Holy cr@p on the 40 pound BB! Your DD is da bomb! You have every right to brag! So will you be getting her that membership? :)

Carole, I hope the run today was pain-free. How was your 4DS work out?

Wendi, Good job on the 6.5 miles this morning! You rock! So when are ya runnin' an HM? }( The coffee pot I am using is my big 12 cupper. It's a great pot that is basically new since I've barely used it since I had gotten the single-cupper. I should have a small 4 cupper coming to me for Christmas from my inlaws so the big pot will go back into hiding again until company comes or the new pot breaks!:eek:

Jackie, LOL about your stomach sucking on your back bone. Such a way with words!:7 I could do a short work out first thing in the morning w/o food if I really wanted to but that's it.

Shelly, Great time on your 6 mile run! YAY! No worries about not running outside.

Thomasina, CoreSyn won't really adapt well to the BOSU imo. I think there are much better work outs for the bosu.

K, I think I'm pretty well caught up on personals now and it's time to get ready for bed. I've been hittin' the hay too late the last several nights and I need to start changing that.

Catch y'all in the morning Cheetah-Babes!:)

Alrighty then, I got in a B&G premix and a 40 min session with Grace – Just what I needed to push me out of the stagnant run pace I’ve been stuck in lately. I only got irritated with one section of music that does that repetitious rap sshhhtuff. Sooo, now I’ve ordered me up some more itread.

Wendi – LMAO at what Cathy said describing your boss. Earlier I was thinking of posting what I’ve been calling him, but I wasn’t sure if I would offend anyone. So, here goes what I’ve been naming him as I read your posts and my apologies in advance if I offend anyone, but it is just for fun…..your boss is a “bosshole”. A boss + a$$hole = “bosshole”….. :+

Lorie – So wonderful you are feeling unburdened and happy. Hope you stay in the sunshine and keep the clouds away…..

Cathy – ROTFLMAO at this_------->>> “there were actually a few minutes at the beginning where there was a turkey gobbling in the background. Loudly. I shid you not”.<<<--- Wow, what’s this? the latest version of meshing nature with music? I have a “relaxing” music CD that has occasional animal noises mixed with soft music and there’s one section with a loon or something making sounds and my dog sits up and does the head tilt side to side wondering wtf?

Wendy – Yeah, we’re not talking about the same DVD I don't thinks. I viewed and subsequently ordered a DVD at the Collage Video site and it is called Core Synergy and she uses a BOSU the whole time for core work.

Ok, better get to sleep now….have only 6 hours and time to get up and do it all over again tomorrow…

Toodles,

Thomasina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.