Suggestions? - Cardio and Weights

Cathe,

I vote for upper and lower body circuits here.

Perhaps you can compromise to satisfy both those who want all upper body and those who want both upper and lower body by having fewer leg circuits and lots of plyo moves in the cardio sections. (I can't believe I just suggested that because I hate/love plyos--killer!). You could also have one circuit with compound moves like in Circuit Max.

I have another proposal for this video: Would you consider not using a barbell, but only dumbbells? It really cuts down on the time setting up and putting away equipment everyday.

THANK YOU! You are the greatest!

Linda

I would like to see a 60 minute workout using the upper body only for weights, reserving the legs for all out step.

I would like to see some leg exercises with video. I also would like it to be 60 minutes. I really like the idea of the heavy weights, sounds like another winner to me.

Terri

Hi Cathe.

I can't wait for these new tapes!!

I would like to see:

1. Just upper body work--so we can save our legs for the cardio

2. Complex step

3. Really loud, motivating, cool music.

Thanks!

Melanie

Hi Cathe! You are wonderful!
I would prefer to see either upper body or lower body for the weight segments but not both at the same time. I would be happy if it half the segments were upper body and half the segments lower body or all upper body.
Thanks again and take care of yourself!
Peace, Ann

Weights & Cardio

It sounds great. The only thing is could you please make the choreography simple to follow. I'm one of those choreogrphy challenged people. I just got Step Jam and previewed it and the moves seem doable. That's why I like running it's simple. But overall the idea sounds wonderful for your new tapes.

Hi,
I would also like an upper only circuit with equal focus on cardio and strength. A just upper body circuit can be done the day after a Leg day &/or Power Circuit!!!!!!
Thanks
Maria :)

I think I'm in the minority, but I'd definitely prefer ONLY upper body cycles. Then I'd also vote for more complex step routines.

I find that I can't do step and leg weight cycles very well -- my legs get too pumped with the weights and then I get too clumsy on the step. I also end up feeling like I didn't really get a good cardio OR weight workout.

Thanks for your energy and your creativity! This sounds like a great concept. I would prefer all step segments interspersed with upper body weight work. My legs certainly need additional training, but with Leaner Legs, Strong Legs & Abs, Power Circuit, and the new Lower Body Split, I don't think I'll run out of options any time soon.

Thanks again for continuing to challenge us.

Laura

Honestly, I would be happy with any option you choose, but doing just upper body would be unique, and so would extending the length of the weight sections a bit. Interesting idea there.
Geesh! Adding to the mess! :)

I'll love it all. Thanks again.
Kathy

I will vote to incorporate both legs and upper body. I am glad you are going with moderate to heavy weight range.

Leave the legs out of this one. I'd prefer to "save" my "reserves"!
Jeanne (who has been hoping for a Cathe video like this, and has even put it in video suggestions previously!!!!!!)

I'd like to see the upper body segments first with step and then the legs after upper body followed by abs. Otherwise I will be too sore to go all out with step. But you know best :)
This sounds like it will be a great tape for the weekend when I have less time and want to give whole body a great workout with cardio.
Faythe

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-02 AT 10:04AM (Est)[/font][p]Wonderful ideas so far... I'd love to see upper body work only with the option to mix n match by selecting the cardio only, doing just upper body or even doing the Cardio first then weights (DVD). Also, would love to see 2 step kickbox sections-- as this really cranks up the heart-rate without adding too much impact, and works the legs while doing cardio.

Thanks for listening to your fans,

[font color="red" size="4" face="Lucida Calligraphy"]Lydia L[/font]

I'd like all upperbody so I can alternate it with PowerCircuit or Leaner Legs. I really like Lydia's suggestion of chaptering it so we can choose an all step workout of just upperbody. An hour would be great...with the weight work lasting 3 minutes instead of 2. This sounds like a very versatile workout, I'm looking forward to it!

I would like for this workout to be 60 min. long, with both upper & lower body exercises, as we can always lower the weights on the leg exercises (or not use any weights) if we want to save our legs for the cardio, but please don't skimp on the upper body portions--I would rather have more upper body than lower body as our legs will be getting a workout with the aerobics. Also, I am voting for 60 min.

Jeni

I'd like to see upper body weight circuit, with more emphasis on the weights than the cardio. Less complex step moves, at a slower pace than more recent videos, with no fast changes of direction (torque on the knees). Maybe incorporate some medicine ball moves (with options for dumbbells for those who don't want to use med balls or don't have them).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.