Suggestions? - Cardio and Weights

I also vote for upper body, because I can check off cardio and upper on the same day. Another day I can check off legs and abs (Leaner Legs or PS L/A). You might have figured out that I keep a log and try to check off a certain quota each week, depending on which spots I think need most, 4 items: upper, lower, cardio, and abs.

But if you include brief lower body weight work I will definitely buy it anyway! Sometimes I even think of CTX Kickbox as lower because of the power lunges. My quads bulk easily so I'd consider light leg weight work a leg workout!

I'd like to see upper body weights only. I do CMax this way and love it.

Andrea

I vote for all upper body, with the times you posted (longer cardio, shorter weights). The closer it is to 60 minutes, the better (for me, at least).

I would like to see some fairly complex step moves, rather than basic power moves. I do like kickboxing on the step also, but I really prefer regular step aerobics.

I'd like to be able to go as heavy as possible with the weights. Any chance of supersetting opposing muscle groups rather than exercises for the same muscle group in each segment?

Fewer (or no) crunches and more stabilization/Pilates-inspired moves for the ab work would be my preference.

Thanks for asking for our opinions. I'm really looking forward to all of these videos!!!

Tonya

If there is not going to be an all leg tape, then a few cycles with legs would be great.

If there will be an all leg tape, then I would prefer to lose the leg work so that we can go a bit heavier with the weights for the upper body...what can I say, I love weight training.:)

Thanks!

DeeDee

No legs please

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-02 AT 00:53AM (Est)[/font][p]I dread leg work (except for S&H!) so I would really prefer that this video focus on upper body. Sounds great - Circuit Max is one of my faves!

Oh, and is there any chance of putting some kickboxing circuits in there, Cathe? I just love the kickboxing segments in Circuit Max (esp kickboxing with the step) and it will add some variety...PRETTY PLEASE?

Caroline

I vote for both upper and lower so I can use it as a total body day. On the other hand, just upper would be great too...Oh, I don't care! I'll buy it any way you make it!

I vote for all upper body, moderate to heavy weights, as you suggested. There would only be 5 x 3 minutes of weights, so I would rather focus hard on upper body work instead of trying to do a little bit of everything in the short amount of time.

Christina

I vote for sticking with upper body work - it does save leg energy for the step portion. That's one thing I have lot of trouble with in Circuit Max... my legs wimp out under the pressure. Thanks again for asking for our input Cathe - you're the best!

RE: Cardio and Weights - a modest proposal

I don't know if this would be too confusing for the viewer or not, but I'll lob it anyway . . .

Absolutely include leg exercises during the weight portions.

HOWEVER:

Have the first row of exercisers demonstrate upper body exercises, and have the second row of exercisers demonstrate lower body exercises, THROUGHOUT THE WORKOUT. This way, each time the consumer uses the workout, she can tailor it to whatever body parts she feels like banging on that day, and enable more flexibility and interest with one workout.

Would this be something to consider?

Annette Q. Aquajock

This is the workout I was hoping for!! I would prefer something similar to Circuit Max, including both upper and lower body for a total body weight workout.

Thanks for asking us!!
Nicole

RE: Cardio and Weights - a modest proposal

Great idea Aquajock!! I second it. Some days I want to focus more on upper body, and some days I want to the focus to be on lower, depending on what I've been doing throughout the week, or what my current goals are. It would be super to have the flexibility for either or. If this is impossible, I vote for incorporating both upper and lower body.

Thanks Cathe - you are one great lady!!

Upper Body and Kickboxin on the Step....

Cathe! Thank you!

I would love to have it all upper body with the all step segment including kickboxing on the step...those moves are powerful! Oh, and please, please, please...I beg you....less dancy and more athletic moves...I have a difficult time with the dancy choreography and sweat more out of frustration than the workout itself. )-:

Definitely a 60 minute tape...longer if you want!

I also like Aquajock's suggestion of having the first row performing upper body and the back row performing leg work. Also...bring back the guys! (-: :-jumpy :)

Any which way you do them....I love them already and I am buying!

Blessings from Our Home to Yours, Runathon

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.