Suggestions? - Boot Camp Circuit

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-02 AT 06:17PM (Est)[/font][p]This seems to be more 'cardio' than 'strength' oriented. Will the core work in the middle of the cycle lower the heart rate? That is the only thing that concerns me. But a Cathe boot camp workout sounds fabulous!!! I was thinking that it should be at least 60 min, if not longer (75 sounds great) Thanks!

Given your description--ten four-minute cycles--I think the tape should be 60 minutes because a good warmup and cooldown stretch would be helpful (at least for this old body). I also would like a couple of your participants to show modifications, because I am not a marine, navy seal, nor do I have those aspirations. Just someone who could show a slightly easier and less impactful way of being intense.

(I'll buy and try whatever you do, but I am trying to be thoughtful.)

My thoughts:

1. If you could keep it shorter (45 minutes) that would be so great. It is nice to have a slightly shorter workout to choose on days that are more time crunched.

2. Chapter the DVD well!!!

I have never done a "boot camp" workout. It sounds great!

Emma

Longer, better. Longer, better. Longer, better.

(does that count as THREE votes for longer?)
Oh, my, I can't wait.
Kathy

Cathe,

This is the tape I have been waiting for you to produce! I think the way you have envisioned it is wonderful. Please make it a full 50-60 minutes. We can always hack off a few blasts if we are short on time.

Would this video include weights or would it be body-resistence style exercises like pushups and tricep dips, etc.?

Thank you.

Linda

I prefer 60 minutes for this. For those who want a 45 minute workout, maybe a small window could be inserted in the corner of the screen showing the cooldown and stretches, something like Christi Taylor does in her Hi/Lo Heaven video. I suppose a lot of these types of problems will be solved once we are all DVD'd.

I would like this tape to be 60 minutes including warm up and cool down. For those who want a shorter work out have the option of leaving out a cycle or two.

This sounds like sooooo much fun.:)

Terri

shorter

I agree with what others have said to have at least *one* of these workouts to be 45 min. I would prefer to have a shorter workout to be a complete, total body tape, and not a shorter Upper Body or Lower Body Split. There aren't many tough, complete workouts that are 45 minutes. Even with a DVD player, I don't like to cut out segments of my workouts - they don't feel "complete" if you just get rid of certain segments of a 60 minute tape in order to make a 45 min tape.

Another great concept! I think it'll be a perfect get-over-what-happened-at-work tape...50-60 minutes sounds good to me. I'd like it to have a thorough warm-up so as to reduce any hesitation/avoidance factor--it sounds like one of those that "hurts so good."

I vote for 60 minutes. I LOVE CTX, but never do it as it is set up. I do a cardio w/ LL, another cardio w/ upper body split, etc.

I am a busy mom too, but I get up WAY early to get it done. The extra time can really "polish off" a good workout.

I love the yoga-type stretch ideas presented. I would definitely like to see a 20 minute stretch of this type added to one of the 60 minute videos. Especially with the DVD format, I think I would use that section once a week with any of your videos.

I love the name! I say 60 minutes, and I guess low ends are a must. :-(
I am so excited, I can't wait til they come out!!! Will they be on DVD when they come out? I only plan to buy DVD's from now on, I will be getting a DVD player sometime soon.
Thanks for asking for our opinions.
Faythe

RE: How do you like...

Thank you Candori! I agree with you completely. Most of Cathe's workouts are on the longer side - I don't think it's too much to ask for ONE shorter workout that we can do in its entirety.

Dana

I really like this one! Keep it as is...and I vote for 60 minutes. I'd rather have a longer workout that I can shorten, rather than another short workout I'll have to add another tape to...(plenty of them out there on the market right now).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.