Suggestions? - Boot Camp Circuit

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-02 AT 02:09PM (Est)[/font][p]I vote for 60 minutes because that fits right into my time slot.

Also, I agree with Joynne about wanting some of the cardio to be upper-body induced: kickbox punches, speedbags, ice breakers.

(Edit) :)
Today I did Circuit Max and I have some new thoughts.
I know that circuit training is popular because it maximizes time.

However, those of us who work out more than 4 days a week already have allotted enough time to divide concentrated weight work from concentrated cardio.

I see a circuit style workout (like the Firm) a good option for 3-x-a-week exercisers. For those of us who have made the commitment to work out 4 to 6 days a week, however, the circuit concept doesn't totally satisfy weight work or cardio for me because each one seems to cut into the flow of the other one.

I do love sectioned cardio-weight tapes like Body Max and CTX however. Please let me know (anyone) if circuit style cardio/weight work enhances functional fitness in a special way.

http://www.plaudersmilies.de/tiere/sheep.gif

This video sounds awesome to.It is going to be nice to have something really different to look forward to.My you are a busy little beaver.
Lori

This format sounds great! I vote for closer to 60 minutes.

I would also like to see some boxing/punching drills for some of the cardio.

For the core work, more stabilization (including planks) and fewer crunches would be great.

I'm not sure if it fits with this type of workout, but some rotator cuff work would be nice.

Cathe you got my heart pounding when I read that there will be six new videos...RIGHT ON!!

O.k., sorry about that, I'm under control now.:) I would love a 60 minute workout out. Another poster suggested a great idea that I love so I just want to add it to my post, I think ending the workout in 45 minutes then adding a bonus section of yoga, atheletic stretches, more cardio or abs for those who want to go on would be great.

DeeDee

P.S.

When I started back with Cross Train X-Press, I was around 280 lbs. Over the two years (I think its been two, or maybe almost two...) I'm within 16 lbs of my goal weight of 140...I've been at the same weight for over two months now, but I'm not going to get discouraged. I think your new set might be just the shock my body needs to get off those last few pounds. Thank you and all the folks that post on this forum, you are all a wealth of information and inspiration.:)

I like the idea of a 60 minute tape but with a longer stretch at the end - not necessarily 15 minutes but I think this tape is going to make me cry so I'm going to need a nice long relaxing stretch.

I also really like the drills in CK so if you could include drills that would be great. Thanks!

RE: Voting for the shorter version, but intense!

I like the idea DeeDee had for a 45 min video with the bonus section with yoga stretches and ab work. Can I also beg for loud funky music? Thanks, Janet

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-02 AT 07:58AM (Est)[/font][p]If the cardio portions are not step, PLEASE make as tough as possible!! I've found floor work not physically challenging.

60 minutes, please.

Please, please, please make it closer to 45 minutes! It sounds like most of the tapes in this series will be longer and at 35 1/2 weeks pregnant, I know I'll be needing some shorter, intense, get it all done workouts in the not too distant future. Yes, you can shorten them with DVD but not without cutting out something that might keep it from being a "complete" workout. The format you suggested sounds great!

thanks,
Dana

Cathe, this sounds exciting! I vote for 60 minutes - that way if we feel like making it shorter we can just take off a circuit or two. Better to be too long than too short, I usually grow into the 60 minute workouts with time. Oh and low-ends are welcome... yes, I'm TRYING to remember that they are good for me. ;-) Thanks!

60 minute workout (or even 75 or 90 minute!) :)

Perhaps reorder each cycle so that the tough leg exercise micro-cycle is first, then core exercise, then upper body, then the cardio.

That's is just one tiny suggestion, and more from a personal preference of mine - I always like to do a "bottom up" approach. HOWEVER way you do it, I will buy and do.

Thank you so much for asking for our input!

Annette Q. Aquajock

I'd like a 60 minute workout. I hope you include some kickboxing and skipping rope drills. And bootcamp would not be complete without junping jacks and push-ups!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.