Such a lifesaver

Mrs_P.

Hello Cathe!
I wanted to post this message just as a way of saying "thank you"-- You are really helping me more than you know.
About 2 years ago I first discovered your tapes as a way to help me get back into shape after I had my daughter. I lost a lot of weight & was definitely in the best shape of my life.
About 3 months ago I had a rollerblading accident & sustained a compression fracture on one of my vertebra (even the best gear can't protect you everywhere!) My painful recovery is well under way and since I wanted to avoid surgery at all costs, I took my doctor's advice and started in a fitness-based difficult physical therapy program. The goal for me now is to bring my fitness level to the "elite" level (whatever that means!) and I told my physical therapist that I knew just who could help me with that. She knew who you were & heartily agreed.
I bought the 6 pack & watched the tapes with my therapist, who has shown me easy modifications (and some omissions) I can make to the exercises to make them fit with my program.
I absolutely adore the 6 pack, I so look forward to the days when this is part of my routine. More importantly, I look forward to the day when I don't have to modify the routines. I always knew fitness was important, but I never realized that it could actually "save" me from a debilitating back injury. Thanks for helping "bring me back (so to speak)" a second time!!
Deirdre

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-00 AT 01:29AM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Deirdre! Wow, I'm sorry to hear of your accident, but so happy to hear that you are on the mend. I cannot express enough how happy I am that you have reviewed these tapes with your therapist and inserted modifications. Rushing back into things at full capacity(which is often so tempting)could negatively effect your recovery. Kudos to you for taking the time to be so responsible and thorough in your "comeback" program. Happy healing and enjoy those tapes:)!

Hi Deirdre!

I wanted to tell you, I too had a compression fracture quite a few years ago.....I was 23 yrs. old (15 yrs ago!?!?! wow, time flies!)

I was in traction in the hospital for 8 days....and wore a back brace thingy that they prescribed for quite a while after that...but have had a complete recovery, no pain at all ever since. I don't even have a residual "bad back", never "thrown my back out", or any of that stuff.

How old are you, Deirdre? I think my "youth" at the time of my accident (hit by a car while riding my bike) helped me recover so well and so fast. I wish you the best in your recovery. Sounds like you're getting a lot of good advice from your Dr. and phys. therapist. How awesome that your PT is modifying Cathe tapes for your recovery, talk about support!!! Take care and good luck!!!!!

Debbie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.