STS Pyramid 10/10 *October Invite* (all welcome ;) )

HOLY SMOKES --MY MENOPAUSE BRAIN DID IT TOO ME AGAIN!!!

I checked my receipt for LIS and found out I did order the downloads!! after a quick email to customer service (I'm telling you those folks are at the top of their game) I am now happily downloading the series! I can't wait to preview them and I am resisting the urge to kick myself for not checking earlier and getting those babies on my ipod.

Well today is the beginning of Meso 2 Week 3 - It was supposed to be 40/20 HiiT but since the weather was nice I did 3 hours of MowMax to our properties (that is non propelled push mower - my husband has been hinting for the last few days that today will be 72 and sunny and it would be great to get it done after work. Fortunately HE didn't get off until 7PM, so I had the pleasure of doing it myself when I got home from work at 3:30) Oh well, it was a beautiful day and I had a great workout. I am now ready to power through the rest of the week. It is amazing what a little sunshine and exercise can do!!

Have a great evening ladies

Hallo girls,

Just a quick check in, just finsihed all my workouts.

I went for a 30 min run (C25K W4 D1), I am doing this so my dogs get used to running again. They gotten so lazy! I also went for a long walk this morning and did D22 CST and the extended stretch. Now I am tired and ready to go to sleep.

Tracy - I just checked with WM, they messed up my order:( I am so frustrated, now I have to order that thing again. Good job, with D31 today.

Serene_46 - at least you got them now, right? Enjoy the new workouts, girl!

I will be back and catch up on personals tomorrow, I promise. I am to tired right now. Sorry!

Good Morning girls!
I was a way at a work conference for two days and didn't really have too much time to catch up!

I was able to do my meso 3 week 3 work outs over the weekend before leaving except for arms which i was able to do monday night in the hotel gym before partying like a rockstar with my principal. She bought wine and chips and has a pre-dinner party..needless to say...well i will not be weighing myself anytime soon. :eek: between the wine, chips, and dessert that came with every lunch:eek: :eek:

It was fun seeing and meeting other PE teachers. We are usually only 2 per school and well..not much exchange of ideas..It also helps that we were all around the same age (give or take 10 years), all were fit and I think all of us were a little stir crazy sitting down for the whole day.. I am so used to moving and walking around all the time my poor butt was sore after the first day..and we all were getting pretty fidgety by the last day:p also they were a lot of young guys:D lots of eye candy for a pre-menopausal 40 year old like me;)

My neck was better by Monday, thankfully and it was pretty funny when i went to the gym after the conference to work out. 90% of the people working out were the guys in my conference:D...did i mention they were pretty cute 30 somethings..;)

Btw..i am happily married...but hey it doesn't hurt to look:p

Well i am off to wake up the kiddos...i will check in later on again..
I can hardly wait to get the new workouts...i wonder if i do Barre 6 times a week a la slim in six it woulod have the same slimming results? without the "oh my goodness i want to wring her neck feeling" that i have with the slim in sixes??

Missed you gals...
have a great mroning
steph

Happy Wednesday!!

Ok so I got up way early today to fit in Butts and Guts (Illinois Legislature is in session this week so no lunch hours for me). Anyway, that workout gets me every time. I mean seriously!! Just when I think I am getting strong and can do every rep in every workout and a decent weight I pop in that one and it puts me in my place!:p Anyway, I made it thru...I still don't have the new DVDs yet...I suspect I will get them today and give me something to look forward to tomorrow! :)

Steph - It's good to hear from you!! Sounds like you had a fun few days...I especially love the talk of the 30 something hotties! I am a single woman and always appreciate looking at such guys!! :D

Belinda - Good job on your run!

Brenda - I'm sure that mowing was a great workout! It was nice here as well yesterday and I certainly would have picked being outside over staying in...even if it involved mowing! :p

Tracy - Sounds like you are getting in some good workouts! Way to go!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Natalie

Haven't checked in forever. It just takes so much effort to actually sit @ the PC and type, lol. :rolleyes: But I'm always looking @ y'alls posts from my iPhone ;)

Well, yesterday was LIS-TB, and today was D11-B&T. Also did the extended stretch today.

Here's my review of LIS-TB from MFP (sorry MFP girls, this is old news :p, but I'm short on time & lazy :eek: , soooo copy & paste it is! :eek: ) :

OK, so the verdict on Turbo barre...I was waiting to wake up to see if there was any DOMS factor. None so far. The workout was def a fun, new & interesting one from Cathe. It was by no means a sweatfest, but you def feel the burn. The ab workout was awesome in my opinion, I do still feel ab tightness. Other than that, I feel that it REALLY targets the hips*, core, and overall legs in a way that you may not get from traditional lifting. I would not use it in place of my weights, but as an addition to... It will def remain in my rotation, because I feel that the balance challenge that it gives is unmatched in most of her workouts (it's kinda like a combo of the conditioning drills in STS, Kick Max, and LBB - barre segment). The barefoot factor brings in even more of a balance element to the feet, which will be very beneficial in re-building my arches, & speeding the Achilles recovery (I hope, lol) .....the burn factor was DEFINITELY there! Don't you worry, lol. That's why I was expecting crazy DOMS, but never the less it BURNED, lol, especially in the glutes and hips, OMG .....

Now, of course take my review w/a grain of salt, y'all, lol, because b4 my Achilles nightmare, I turned my nose up to wo's like this, lol (til I had no choice). So ppl that already love barre wo's will probably love it that much more, if a girl like me (who prefers less feminine type wo's lol) can approve... ;)

Hi Y'all,

No w/o for me today :eek: I had my yearly GYN appt and had a ton of errands to run this morning. Hope to at least get some abs and tris in tonight. I decided to FINALLY get my tubes tied after waiting for five years (since our youngest was born) for hubby to do something himself. I told my MIL and she got fired up and asked if she could say something to him, LOL!

Ready to hit the legs tomorrow :D Check in with you all soon,

Tracy

Hi Everyone -

Yesterday I did STS disc 4 chest, shoulders, biceps. I did ALL the pushups, even drop sets and boot camp on my toes and didn't stop early. Yeah me!! I can't believe I did them all. :eek: I feel it this morning and it feels good. :D I absolutely love STS. It feels so good to see improvement. I also did CycleMax and really enjoyed it. A lot of being out of the saddle. It was a good workout. My legs feel it today. They were all wobbly when I got off the bike. Probably not a good choice to do the day before a long run. A lot of sweating in places I never knew I could sweat before. :p

I was hoping to get some of my long run in today outside but the weather is not cooperating and I don't like to run in the rain unless it is absolutely necessary. So, it looks like it will be a long day on the treadmill.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Regina

Steph: Nice to have you back. Glad you enjoyed your conference (and apparently your eye candy :p )

Regina: Nice work on the pushups!!! Isn't that so empowering to be able to do all those?! I love when I can see progress from one wo to the next. STS is the best! As for all of this CM talk....are you just trying to rub salt in my wounds? :p Good luck on that run today!

Tracy: good luck on those legs today :eek:, I don't envy you! I'm relishing these weeks before the plyo begins, lol (and praying that my Achilles will be able to handle it by then :( , although I do have squat rack legs on stand-by, if need be...)

Belinda: My older dog has gotten pretty lazy too (& FAT! :p ), but I make my DS handle the walking, lol. (I homeschool him, so it's good for him to get out and grab some fresh air each day ;) ) I hope you got caught up on some sleep :)

Brenda: can't wait to hear your review of the workouts! Which one did you decide to do first?

Hello:
Today is Meso 2 Week 3 : Legs. I did this workout with the prescribed weights (I was thinking about going lighter) and had a great time. I was thinking about subbing Turbo Bar but I was soooo sore after doing part of it at the RT in NJ I decided I would keep that for my rest week.
KiKi- I have done Cardio SuperSets and Athletic Training so far this week. I LOVE THIS SERIES. Low Impact does not mean decreased intensity. My favorite Cathe workout to date has been Intensity (followed closely by Drill Max) - but I think that will be replaced by one of the new DVDs. I am forever grateful the day I found Cathe- what a class act and motivator!!
Back to the new series: I know Lower body workout in TriSets is a killer because she threw parts of that baby in on the RT. The next workout from the new series I will do is AfterBurn (Monday) The anticipation of sweating detracts from the fear factor :)
Have a great weekend everyone! we are having a Thanksgiving warmup dinner with my daughter's family tomorrow. I am looking forward to the pumpkin carving, leaf pile jumping and crantinis!!!

Hey Y'all,

Wanted to check in real quick...it's not looking good for my w/o today :( It's my middle's bday and we are heading to his swim meet in a bit. So w/ the meet, baking his cake, getting the house ready for a party tonight, wrapping presents, etc. I can see myself already running out of time. Wish I would've gotten up early to get some cardio in but I had to get up at 5:45 to get my oldest ready for the meet this morning and couldn't see getting up at 4:30 :p Okay enough of my grumbling....

I have some good DOMS in my bis this morning. Yay! I really pushed it w/ the weight load yesterday and it paid off. Gonna try to go heavier w/ my shoulders next week since I rarely get DOMS in them...and y'all know how I've griped about my shoulders ;)

Hope you all have a great weekend :D

Tracy

Hey girls
Yeasterday i got wacked in the eye with a lacrosse ball from one of my students:eek:
Put ice right away and have managed to avoid a black eye..it happened early on during the day so i went home and spent the afternoon om the couch with a headache and sore eye..
But..did manage to do sts plyo legs week 4..i can hardly believe i a already on week 4.2 more. Workouts to do be fore rest week ans pyramid down...i am hoping to get my new workouts for rest week..next week but us canucks have to be patient!
Now my next problem is wether or ot to continue the 2x a week for meso 2 and 1?????

Well i have at least 2 weeks to think about it i guess:confused:

Tracy:hope yp have fun at your sons swim meet and bday party

Good Morning!

OK, so I finished up M1 last week and kicked off my recovery week yesterday w/AB :rolleyes: . Ummmmmm.......WOW :eek: that wo is something else! I couldn't believe how high my heart rate was getting! I only did the Interval 1/5 premix, and that was plenty! Cathe really put her all into that one, and it shows, I will be adding that one in often....

Steph: Hope your eye feels better :( , I suppose that comes w/the territory of your job, huh :confused: ? I can't wait for you to get your hands on these wo's! I'm interested to hear your reviews. From what I've seen......You're gonna love 'em. ;)

Tracy: I hope you were able to finally fit in some wo's w/birthday madness going on over there :p I can't believe you got up that early on a weekend :confused: , I get mad at myself when I wake up before 8 :cool: LOL

Brenda: I'm w/you...I LOVE this series. :eek: I have a feeling I'm gonna be replacing some faves w/ones in this series. I'm so excited that we have a trainer like Cathe who can kick our butts w/such respect for our bodies. The fact that she not only listened when people cried out for this type of workout, but also supplied us w/several options to meet our needs is beyond amazing! She's the best! :D I can't wait to hear your review of AB! :eek: The sweat factor is definitely intense (as is the "red" factor, lol - as in how red your face will be! :p )

Hi Y'all,

I got chest & back done yesterday (D34) and did cardio, abs and tris today. Got some good DOMS in my chest...wish I'd feel it in my back.

Steph, ouch! Hope your eye is feeling better. My hubby played lacrosse in college so I know how rough that sport can be.

KiKi, thanks for the review on AB...sounds like a great w/o. Yes, I typically try to sleep in a bit on the weekends too but those swim meets are early morning events :p

Tomorrow it's plyo legs :eek: I can't believe it's the last week of M3.

Tracy

hey girls
thanks for all the kind thoughts..my eye recovered perfectly! i had ice on it most of the day and avoided a black eye:D

Last disc of meso 3 is all that i have left to do...incredible how fast it goes! still waiting impatiently on the lis..mucho frustrating being in Canada sometimes:mad: I really want ot get my hands on them for rest week.

Halloween was a bit of a chocolate disaster food wise but hey..its only one day!

Friday is the day I have set for the shoulder workout and then..REST! yippi Very excited to start the pyramid down and see the results...
steph

Hallo girls,

I am still here;) This week, I am finishing up M2. Yesterday I did D22 (CST), today I will do D23 legs.

I got my tower yesterday. It's much bigger than I tought:confused: Remember, I am using the tower in an RV. It takes up a little more space, but I will make it work. DH doesn't mind the tower, he said if it gets in the way we will put it down (when DD comes and visits us). I was gonna return it.

Steph - hope your feel better soon. Congrats on finishing M3.

Tracy - good job on D34.

Kiki - how are you gonna use the new series with STS?

Who is doing the STS 6 month rotation? I been doing the STS 6 month rotation, I am not sure if I wonna do M3 twice? Looking forward to a recovery week next week.

Waves Hallo to the rest of the gang. BBL!

Hi All,

Got the last plyo legs done! I hate to admit it but I'm a teensy bit glad it's over. Cardio for me isn't as enjoyable as the weights and since plyo is basically like cardio....well, ya know. I did enjoy it though, just not the soaring heart rate and having to move so quickly between exercises. I'm going to do cardio & shoulder work tomorrow and another cardio on Friday and push D36 out to Saturday to stretch it out a little bit more before the recovery week.

Steph, glad your eye is all better :) I forgot we are basically right on the same schedule and will start the pyramid down at the same time :cool: Hope the LIS comes quickly for you. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed I'll get it for Christmas.

Belinda, how are you liking the tower?

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.