STS Fit chicks - Wed Feb 4

Chris
I am also going to 'wing' the legs I am afraid if I find my 1RM I won't be able to walk!! LOL
Tracy

I did Imax2 today. Still a little sore in the chest especially right next to the armpit:confused: Disc 2 on tap for tomorrow.

Chris- I didn't do any 1 rep max tests for legs except for deadlifts and those using a squat rack. I'm not sure what weights to use for the remaining exercises so I'll be "winging" it as well.

Judi

I thought I went "light" for plyo legs yesterday. I am so sore. I have disc 3 scheduled for Friday. I was going to lift serious weights for that workout. I think I'm in trouble!!!

Just finished disc 2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this workout!!!
I woke up with a migraine and took an imitrex and all it did was dull the pain. I waited all day to do disc 2, almost didn't do it because my head hurt.
I decided to just go for it. After all, I put my sts sticker on the calendar:p
My headache is gone!!!!:D:D:D:D Did I say I LOVE LOVE LOVE this workout?!
It's amazing. Cathe's amazing. I love her humor in these too.

Question....
What does the opening music in this series do for you? Anything?

I feel Rocky.:cool: I feel like running up a flight of stairs with my arms up in victory! LOL

I haven't started the official rotation yet (that will be Monday) and it's killing me to wait but the OCD in me must start next week. I did do plyo legs Disk 26 today. :eek: I really liked how Cathe seemed to slow down the jumps from her other workouts so I could concentrate more on jumping than just keeping up. Didn't mean it was any less intense! In fact I had to keep hitting pause, and then one time after I hit play again Cathe said, How are you doing at home, you aren't hitting pause are you? Whoops, busted! Then I did the ab Circuits STability ball abs....some new interesting moves in here.

Cynthia, I love the opening music, it pumps me UP! That's exactly what it reminded me of...ROCKY....I couldn't put my finger on it, but now that you say it!

Chris, I had several exercises on Disk 26 that I didn't do 1RMs for on the legs. I usually looked at what Cathe was using and went from there, it worked out well doing that.

In fact I had to keep hitting pause, and then one time after I hit play again Cathe said, How are you doing at home, you aren't hitting pause are you? Whoops, busted!

I didn't hit pause, but I was hanging over a chair (feeling rather green) thinking about pausing the dvd when Cathe said that! LOL How did she know?
I think it's pretty scary when you hear Cathe trying to catch her breath. It doesn't look as hard as it really is. I found towards the end I struggled to recover my breath.

OMG, Cynthia I LOVE the opening music!!:):):) It certainly helps put me in the mood to work out!

Yea, I am winging the legs too. We will see how it goes tomorrow.

I think my lats will be sore tomorrow. I can feel the soreness starting. I tried to do pullups underneath my dining room table. Um, it was interesting. I would love to get Cathe's tower, but I'm not sure the family would enjoy it in the living room.:confused:

Isn't amazing how quickly the workouts go? There's no looking at the clock. I do that when it's too repetitious.

Have a good evening all.

Relieved to hear some of you didn't do the leg 1RM's or not all of them. !!

YES! The opening music rocks! (sorry!)

And I thought about the music during the workouts today too. At first when I viewed the You Tube previews, I thought I would really DISlike the music. That is was "blah" and not "cathe-like". But I've found it to be VERY appropriate for the workout and exercises. I mean , you can't play "Buttercup" while you're doing pull-ups, right??? Anyhow, I really love everything about the series , so far!

can't believe you guys "jumped" right into Plyo! (again, Sorry!) You are :eek:!!

Just finished disc 2, again the 1RMs were spot on, except the dead lifts, I had to go way heavier. I think I messed that one up in the testing/input somewhere, bc it says my 1 rm is only 19 (without the percentages) and I can do way more. Have to find it and fix it. Also did the pilates abs. I have never done a mermaid before, I am thinking I don't like those :p:p. They look sooooo easy, but notsomuch. Also I couldn't do the side planks in that one. I can't get comfortable in that positon. It just doesn't work for me. I figure as long as I've got everything else, not doing that one isn't going to hurt. Funny thing is, I normally can't to bicycles either, they hurt in a bad way, but the slow mo in the pilates and yoga abs work for me. So I guess I will do them that way from now on. Learn something new everyday:D I am really looking forward to the 1st leg disc on Friday, I love legs. I may not be saying that on Sat morn, though! Well, I am off to the shower. Nighty night, everybody!

Nan

Eta: All the pullups/chin ups were done with a band using the option shown with the tubing. I am NOT a pullup/chinup master.

Last edited:
I hope you don't mind if I jump into this check-in forum, also.

I am married with 10 children as my user name indicates. We have been married for 33 years this year. I have been working out with Cathe since 1995. I own all of her workouts.

I did disk 3 of Meso 1 when I got this series on last Thursday. I started the rotation actually on Monday. I did disk 1 and I absolutely LOVED it. I was really sore in my lats, too. Actually I was sore all around my bra area. This really surprised me. It must have been all of the push ups.

I did disk 3 again on Tuesday, because I loved it so much. Today I did disk2 which I thought would be hard since I was so sore. I was able to do it. I will know more tomorrow how sore I will be.

I also did AbCircuits No Equipment today. This one was a killer for me. I did Ab Circuits Pilate Style last week and I LOVED those too.

It is exciting to read all of your posts and to get your input of this great training system STS!

Cheryl

Good evening,

Disc 1 also really hit my lats hard, I wasn't very sore after 2. Today was kickboxing class for cardio, and I'll move onto disc 3 on Friday.

I like the opening music, it's inspiring.

Have a good night!

Hello.

I am waiting to start after my muscles recover from FitnessFreak's back/shoulder/bicep workout yesterday. I did do Pilates and Yoga style abs tonight. I liked both workouts. I can't wait to get started with disc one. I may not be able to start until Sunday or Monday if I have to wait for DH to start with me.
I am glad everyone seems to be enjoying the series so far.

STS Fit Chicks Check-in

I would love to join y’all! I started STS during the Super Bowl Sunday after the kickoff! I am loving the workouts and looking forward to legs tomorrow!

I found a great deal on multi-disc DVD cases for STS and posted a thread in the STS forum if anyone is interested.

Cynthia, I love the opening music! I so want that on my iPod! That would have pushed me up those hills during my 5K Saturday morning!

Lara, it’s good to be checking in with you again! How is Finley?

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.