STS first time!

Good afternoon...still at work as we still have a patient here.... tick tock.... its almost 5 oclock! LOL ;)

Im exhausted..... I am going home to workout...as soon as I walk in the door or I will not make it....

Carolyn....Im glad to hear you liked the new PT.... do what he tells you...even if its not what you want to hear.... I wish I would have listened a year ago....

Betty... I have had an aweful day at work too.... just to much to do and not enough time.... errr:mad:

I will be back after I workout tonight.... thinking CSS.....

Carolyn, I'm feeling the stamina from my chia seeds. It's past 9 and I'm not tired. Not to mention a reduction in sugar cravings!!! Having said that, I had a tiny cookie, tiny scoop of vanilla ice cream, and sour raspberries.
Good luck with your shot!
You read the book? How was it? Comments?

Bingo is such fun, Jean!
I watch 99.99% of my movies the way you do. It's great to go out for one.

Good night!

Last edited:
Good morning....up and on the bike....I'm not feeling 100%... last night I came home rested as my tummy was nauseous. ...

Carolyn....good luck this morning with the shot.... hope it helps....

Jean... I'm so glad your hubby is doing so well with diet and exercise. ....that's key for diabetics. ...

Betty....don't feel bad with your treat....I ate a few homemade choc chip cookies last night.....hehehe

Hope today goes smoothly at work....crunchtime....end of month in a few days....

Todays high is 87º.... what happened to cool temps?

Good luck this morning Carolyn.

Missy I hope you're feeling better.

Jean. Congrats to DH. That's wonderful.

Betty. You're dessert sounded yummy.

Jean, you're so entertaining with your stories. I love hearing about difficult people.
Huge congrats to dh. I hope he doesn't lose interest.

Missy, did you resolve those stomach and female issues?
87 is Yikes! We're getting high 60s.

Carolyn, it's 9 and I'm sure you're in nirvana now:D. Keep us posted.
Let dh leave and have your mom come.
Funny that I loved Harry Potter but couldn't like the Hobbit series. Is that Lord of the Rings?:confused:
Leaving shortly for funeral.

Carolyn I am so sorry for your pain! I have heard those shots can be painful but that sounds really bad. I hope the ice helps.

Jean your day does sound wonderful. I still have my sea glass collection from when I was a kid. My kids have a collection as well, for a while it was easy to find on the beach we went to at the Cape, but we don't see it anymore. Does that mean people aren't throwing trash in the ocean?

I did GS Ch&Tris this morning, and went for a walk at lunch. The walk was great for stress relief, it felt great to be outside.

Carolyn can you describe the hamstring stretches the PT gave you?

Good Afternoon.... so I have had extremely painful left ovary for 3 weeks.... pain with intercourse to the point of trying to find positions I can get in that is not as painful.... but this is pretty normal as my girl parts are always a mess.... but I have been extremely nauseated since Saturday.... and last night my left side was hurting so bad it was wrapping around my back.... well let just say I think I had another ovarian cyst rupture.... ERRR :mad: and I am due for my cycle Thursday.... looks like I have some yucky days to come....

Carolyn..yes the shots do make it worse upfront, but then normally help tremendously! Fingers crossed.... it all goes away fast! :)

Im hoping I feel okay to go home and do CSS as last night I wasn't able to as I felt like I was dying!:confused: I think I will just try to push past the pain.... maybe if I can get back to my fitness level of a year ago all my problems will just magically disappear! LOL

Im getting in my Christmas mood.... anybody else???? 4 weeks from tomorrow I will be purchasing my Christmas tree!!!! Yippeeee!!!! :D

Hiho. Funeral was for a very close family friend. She was 87, not diseased, died at home, so how much better can it get? I was gone from 9 to 5 though!
Carolyn, I'm so sorry for your pain before the pain-free. You're almost there. Hang on! Maybe overnight it will go away!
Nice description of the stretches. On the first one, do you do both legs at the same time?

Missy, why does that keep happening? Is there some prevention?
Christmas! Eek! The last thing I'm thinking about!

Can't remember what was on the previous page's posts...

Oh yeah, Mary, you're probably right on both counts. People look for it and there's less trash around (although it takes decades to make sea glass, no?). I have found a total of one piece of sea glass!
Great choice to walk. What a day for it!

Oh yeah, forgot! I'm going to help that man type some correspondence tomorrow after work. Not only that, I called and got a great reference of him from his previous employee yesterday.

Last edited:
Good morning friends....:D

Carolyn....I hope your pain is less or gone today....fingers crossed...

Betty....goos luck with the writting.... today is wednesday!!! Yipppeeee!!!! Wednesdays are my best day of the week.... tomorrow I have yearly computer maintenance sched.... :confused:

As for my girl troubles.....I'm feeling a bit better this morning....now if I can just get passed my monthly monster that is coming....not much I can do about thw cyst issues....unless I take bc...and that's not happening....so I shall jist deal with it.

Omg...watching weather while cycling....:eek: saturday and sunday is gonna be chilly in the am... 40º omg!!!!

Good morning. Cloudy and maybe light showers in aft, but near 70. I'll take it this mild.
I did FT. It took an eternity! And the drop-set pushups are insane! I'd never do them normally! I did a premix--read: shorter--version.
I feel distracted all around.
Dh is still very suspicious of this man's motives. Idk what it'd take to convince him. He says I shouldn't go any more after this if he doesn't hire me. Nothing like an ultimatum.
Hope everyone's day is great!

Hiya. I'm alive and well! Not only that, I had dh meet him! I worked 2 hrs and am going back tomorrow aft. Oh, dh was worried the man is a serial killer or something.
Work was not bad today. I spent an hour on the phone with the programmer of our clunky and cumbersome scheduling software explaining what I meant in the document I sent him 6 wks ago detailing the changes I was begging for. Doing my 2nd load of laundry now after doing my 1st at 8 am! All in all, a very productive day!

Carolyn, how's your pain??
Do you have any other symptoms of lupus, you crazy woman?
Check with bro and maybe you need to schedule your C. I'm with you, sista. I was under the impression (misguided) that family member benign polyps mean you don't need to get checked??
Incidentally, I borrowed a bikram yoga book to read. Seems interesting. Body, soul, spirit, and all that.

Last edited:
Jean, I just read your post. My prev post took so long that yours wasn't there when I originally started replying.
The beach/bay/ocean you describe sound so gorgeous! If you had a smartphone, you could take a pic and post it here for us!:D
I immediately thought of you when I heard of the rocket explosion. Too bad you missed it! (I'm a rubbernecker!:D)
Yes, the man's daughter committed suicide over a decade ago and he has been writing a book about it. I've only typed some unrelated correspondence so far.
I went to his church the first mtg and saw that 4 or 5 people there knew him, then I talked to his previous employee, this week, etc. Still dh was bugged by the circumstances. You watch enough creepy tv and you get suspicious, ya know?
You're so right about the non-smiling primary care physician. Would you believe I have the same kind of doc and have been trying to leave her for many, many yrs?? But can't find anyone. I didn't feel the warmth the first time and it bugged me to no end. This year it's still not there, but I've gone to her twice already and she's very thorough with tests and information and diagnoses. (I saw her in the hallway at back-to-school night but thought if I said hello I might have embarrassed her by calling her doctor in front of other parents). I think I'll just keep her. And outrageously enough they wouldn't let me switch doctors in their practice! Even if I want to!

Anyone watching Top Chef Boston?? Bravo TV

Oh, meant to respectfully submit that Adobo is Fillipino.:D Interesting you like it. I think it's too vinegary.
Oh, and dh does NOT have lupus!! Are you insane?!
The rash is not from raccoon effects of wearing sunglasses?

Jean, way to go with the leg DOMS! Jealous! Esp of sand-walking!
Nice job finding sea glass and seashells. I only look down whenever I'm at a beach!

Last edited:
Good morning....happy Thursday! !!!

Carolyn....let me put my medical knowledge two sense in.... having a family background helps in preventative care....if your sisters, brothers, mother, father have a disease or sickness ots likely u could too....so its safe to be screened too...

Okay...jean....that's a NO in the preg dept...

So....I'm loving my recumbent bike....I actually bust out in a sweat when cycling...so this low impact is my friwnd this week!

Betty....good luck with the job....I hope it turns out to be something you enjoy! I'm not a people person like Carolyn...so o don't trust anyone....just be careful!

Today...we Have no dr....so I have computer maintenance. ...oh boy! But docs said we could leave at 3!!! Yippeeee!!!! So I will come home and workout!!! As I'm feeling a lot better!!! Yeah!!! I didn't realize how much pain I was really in....untill it went away....and wow.....no wonder I wasn't doing much!

Be back.... gotta eat my oatmeal and flax....then shower!

Good sunny morning! Having my 'oatmeal' too. Later this morning I'm doing my food shopping. I'm psyched I already have the ingredients for lentil soup in the crockpot!
I am a suspicious, skeptical, cautious person so I don't do things lightly.:D
Missy, how can you live with pain like that? Is there no cure?

Today is mild, sunny, and 55.
Jean, if I had a new place like you, I'd be cleaning that often too. Today I bought this mop contraption at Costco, similar to something dh saw on an infomercial but infinitely cheaper. I rarely mop my floors:eek:! Last year I wasted money on an electric floor steamer mop from Xmas Tree Shop. It broke after one use.:mad:

Carolyn, you didn't say about your pain level today. I'm assuming you still have some. On the low side, hopefully?
I had a few sleepless moments this morning. Now that I'm doing some of the personal assistant job, I'm wondering how I'm going to take ds to piano, myself to piano, practice in the daylight, do food shopping, hit TJM/M:D, etc. It's still fewer hours than a full-time job though. I can only take it one step at a time.

Can't remember the previous page's posts! bbl

I'm alive. I worked 3 hrs and was paid for both days. We mutually agreed to give this a shot. I'm returning Tuesday am. Little does he know how much experience I've got with elderly people. My neighbors all around me were/are in 80s and 90s, and one of them I used to take food shopping when he got too old to drive; when my kids were young he doted on them! Another lady was on her own after her husband died young, and I taught her how to use Word when she was in her 80s! She was fiercely independent and so intelligent. I sure miss them both!
Time for dinner.

Omg, where is everyone??
I hope all is well with Marie; it has been a while.
Jean, meant to say that you have been killing it with abs!

Good morning! Happy Halloween! TGIF. The alarm was on its 3rd ring before I heard it. (Seems to be the case on Fridays.) Dh never wakes me. Never! It's so annoying! Needless to say, I was all screwed up. No time to do my planned CLB with BS Sh:mad:. I did LL&A, a quite abbreviated version.

Carolyn, you have a lemon! Should write to the mfr. Super pain in the neck!
How nice that you t-or-t already. Did the whole town move it up a day?
I think you're definitely on the upswing! Hooray! High five!

When I get off work ds1 should be here getting the car for a little weekend thingie he's got going on! We text but I haven't seen him in over a month!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.