STS first time!

Carolyn, the body is an amazing thing. You'd be amazed how doing easier workouts on your body can be effective. It's a mindset change. I know it's not easy to change especially when you are injured.

Betty. Good luck today.

Watching Edge of Tomorrow with dh. He'll drive me there and back. Looking forward to dinner! Don't think me weird but I'm wanting Chipotle, meatless. I'll eat the whole thing for once.
Jean, dh only had two bottles? Lucky him! I had 3.
Colleen, thanks. That's fab you're not sick. Take extra care so you don't get rundown.

My papers say I'll be there 2-2.5 hrs, so perhaps it's the recovery time?
So true about not remembering anything. DH and my mom had no recollection of events after.
I might eat twice:D.

I'm home with my Chipotle. Then I'll shower and ?nap. All clear! and I go back in 10 years.

Good luck at PT, Carolyn! How progressive they called another, then you. Good sign!

I'm so cold too! Lit fire! Turned on upstairs heat!
A heated mattress pad! Mmmmm. My blankets at the procedure had been warmed.

You're so right about things going back to normal! It was like the twilight zone this week. I can't wait for my morning chia/quinoa/millet breakfast with coffee. I just took fish oil and Hydraplenish. Never thought I'd miss those. Going to prep my bkfast stuff and then head to bed. I never napped! I wonder how much I'll remember! Incidentally, I didn't get anesthesia. It was fentanyl and versed. Marie can speak to those, I'm sure. The latter gave me hiccups as I was falling asleep.

Carolyn, you ok?

Good morning! Cloudy and super wet out. Brightening up though. Not sure that we'll get any sun.
I am definitely going to work. Instructions had said everything back to normal after the procedure. I remember everything that transpired yesterday after it! No mental block at all!
I was little heavy-handed with my syrup on my coffee this morning.:confused:
Last night dh cautioned me not to over-do too soon so I pulled out Turbo Barre this morning. Not much impact there:confused:.
Carolyn, I'd probably stay away from heavy barbell squats after you heal.
Better go.

Hi ladies! Lots to catch up on here!

Betty, so glad everything went well with your procedure, and you seem to have recovered really well too. My friend won't get it done, she is too scared, and we can't talk her into it. Better to find out something sooner I say.

Carolyn PT and hopefully relief are not too far off for you. I know what you mean about walking, I haven't been able to do it this week between being really busy and the rain.

I tried to watch Walking Dead a couple of times but found it too gruesome. Even your descriptions are too gruesome for me!

I did Gym Styles, both upper body workouts this week. Still avoiding lower. But I got Doms, nothing does that like gym styles.

It is parent weekend at Brown so we are heading down tomorrow after cross country meet. We'll stay overnight and leave after brunch. Hope she is happy to see us!

Hiya. Work was brisk. I know it will get way, way worse in the winter when it's freezing and people lose heat.
I was putting away my check stub yesterday and was appalled by my earnings. Pitifully low for 7 months. I hope those other job offers come through soon. For some place I'm spending 15-17 hrs a wk in, I should make more!
I will make potato/kale/sausage soup for dinner.
I was lazy the past two nights and never did my arm exercises. Back to business tonight.

Jean, I think the Paradise is not as good as Last Tango by a long shot. I'm tired of the characters, and the new one, Weston, is loathsome, scarily evil, and vindictive.

Carolyn, we'll take whatever your new normal is.

Hi Mary! Just saw your post. Enjoy Parents' Weekend. Our ds never wanted us around.
Great job with GS. I must use that too.
I was scared leading up to procedure too, but the worst part is the prep. Tell your friend to do it!

Nope, no need to grind chia, nor worry it will go rancid. It's a perfect seed, around since the Aztecs (or was it Incas?)--thousands of years in any case. So healthy for you.
We start out with the soup (no bread), feel so virtuous eating it, then snack on chips and such on the side.:D
I'm with you and don't know how someone could survive on such few calories/paltry diet!
Hmm, I feel like some kettle corn but don't have any. I have all kinds of other corn stuff though. All GMO, I'm sure.

Hi girls, nice day today! Sunshine!
Had my sis here for our brunch of bacon (oinky yummy), eggs, hash browns, English muffins. Fruit and coffee go without saying, right?
Yesterday after work I felt like I was coming down with a cold:mad::mad:! Very minor indeed, as mine tend to be, but the symptoms are still torturous nonetheless. I was caught unaware with my defenses down from laying around leading up to the C.
Mary has a nice weekend for parents' weekend--gorgeous weather for it.
Hello Marie and Missy, wassup??
Carolyn, sending you support mentally and through airwaves for tolerating the pain! You poor thing. Can you take acetaminophen instead? Ice till you're numb!
Jean, that's mighty early for finishing up cleaning already! Nice going! That's a very long book. I started Sheltering Rain by JJMoyes.

Hi there! I've been taking zinc and garlic supplements. As colds go, this is a .5 out of 10, fast-moving, not bad at all!

Carolyn, your description of your pain made me remember when my dh's disc slipped. He was in unbearable pain for a month, with the same back of the leg numbness. He never complains of pain but you could tell that one was bad.
Since your neck hurts, did the MRI not pick up anything amiss there? Or were they only looking at your spine?
The pain consultant says walking is really good, so how can it not be? Each body is different though.
How can you go food shopping with so much pain? Write a detailed list and let dh go. You stay home, prone, on your ice. Do you have a mega-sized icer?

I think I'm going to make Ina Garten's lemon yogurt tea cake.

Good afternoon....I know I have been quiet these past few weeks..... I've been at the front desk 5 days in the last 2 weeks and I've been in some pain.... so not very happy person.... I think I am just giving up on running.....and maybe I can go back to myself and possibly find something that gives me that high that running does.....

Carolyn....I know u understand what I'm saying since your in the same boat! I really hope this shot helps u.

I am going to stop running and just focus on Cathe workouts with a few spin classes a week and see what I can do.....

Yesterday I felt blah all day....I think I was fighting a bug....today I feel a bit better.....fingers crossed!!!!

Just finished barn chores.....now off to Lowes.... be back later to chat more....

Good evening...im making chicken noodle soup... yum!

Jean.... once you run and feel that high you will get afterwards....its hard to just walk... I try...believe me....but once im warm I just want to run.... Remember the High you got when we use to do Drill Max? Its just an amazing feeling!

I heard the movie Gone Girl was good.... I wish I had time to go see it.... because I like that kind of stuff...hehehehe

Tim went fishing with some work friends....so I am just doing things here at the house this evening...

I got a new fitness machine....hehehehe..... I got a another bike...."recumbent" I think if I can strengthen the hamstrings I will not be in as much pain.... I also need to work on my abs.... a strong pain free back starts with a strong core....and I need to stretch.... one of my main problems is my pelvis being unaligned.... so I need to strengthen those areas to see if I can make it any better on my own... it gets expensive going to the chiropractor a lot.... its $40 every time I walk in his office.....

This week I am doing Cathe DVDs and NO RUNNING.... No Running???? EEEKKKKK..... but Im gonna try and see what happens......

Hiho. Was updating my tablet so that took quite a while. Matching XMen with dh now.
So good to hear from many of you! Bbl

Carolyn....I don't normally have too much pain in the back either....its all in my hip and all the way to my toes sometimes.... terrible! My chiropractor always says to stretch stretch stretch!!!!!

Missy, how exciting you have a recumbent bike! Will you spin on it? Our bike has been gathering dust over the good weather. It'll go back in use in the winter. Maybe we should have gotten a non-spin bike, esp now that I have come to associate using it with UTIs.:confused:
Don't injure yourself with more running, and stretch, like your chiro advises.

Carolyn, I hope you're hanging on all right. Ice ice ice. Good luck in your appt!!!! We'll be thinking of you!!

Good morning....up and on my bike.....I think this may help me....because when I petal my hip stay still....so hopefully this will keep my pelvis happy.....

Carolyn....good luck at your appointment!!!! I think I will be back to checking in... now that I have a plan....and I don't feel so down in the dumps due to running pain....

Betty....I will spin at spin class once or twice a week ..... at home I will just cycle.

Jean....enjoy your movie today....

Will check back in a bit....happy monday!

Good sunny morning! A bit chilly but not too too bad.
I did an AT UB premix. Not one of my fave workouts, I guess.
Fresh DD this morning. For once, the ratio of syrup to cream to coffee is perfect.
I've been meaning to say that I've discovered a stability ball stretch for my UB that feels fab on my shoulders. I sit on a med size ball, place my arms on a large size ball, roll forward and push down, or roll to the sides, and it stretches my shoulders like no other. Feels awesome! I think it has helped me make a lot of progress.

Carolyn, good luck! Hopefully you'll leave the appt with some immediate ideas to put into action and relieve some pain.

Missy, no impact is your best friend! Nice going!

Better chop chop.

Ugh, work was not fun. Sign of times to come.
What a gorgeous day though. Got in a walk with my neighbor.

Carolyn, that's a plan. It's a relief to hear some feedback. I imagine you'll get some huge relief from the shot. Is it tomorrow?
You went to a PT appt without showering??:confused::D. I'd be SO self-conscious!
I have a wake tonight and funeral tomorrow to attend. Better start dinner.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.