STS first time!

Good morning....up and on treadmill. ... am I ready to go back to work? Heck NO!!!!

Carolyn....I hope the yoga instructor can help... good luck...

I didn't exercise all weekend.... omg....I feel like a lazy ass.....that's why the scale went up a pound....errr!!!!

Hope everyone has a nice monday!!!

Good morning! It is sunny and chilly. I did a premix of Tabatacise and BS Back. I still can't open wide enough for the rear delt flys. I didn't check in advance but had hoped for shoulders. Oh well. Any muscle workout is great.
I'm like a lost soul this morning because I stopped my millet/quinoa/chia meal in prep for the procedure. I didn't know what to eat! I'm having Kashi cereal with coco milk and frozen blueberries. I think I'll be hungry soon though.

Carolyn, don't worry about the group setting. Just pretend that you are on the floor with Cathe and her bunch. I daresay you'll be preoccupied with learning the poses and way too hot to notice. There'll be people of all shapes and sizes.
I love this premise of Bikram--the 26 poses to stretch and detox everything.
Good luck at your appt! We'll be thinking of you.

Missy, don't worry about your pound. That's nothing. Remember daily fluctuations. You move so much on the weekend that it is considered exercise.

So... did anyone find out what our trophy points are for? Or mean? ;)

Carolyn... like Betty and Jean said...don't worry about other people....they were all in your shoes once.... I have learned that most people are very helpful in class group setttings..... Good Luck!!!

Okay....so yesterday.... I went to 3 stores in town... to get groceries, etc....and my debit card was declined...at all places...thankfully I have a Credit Card.... Can you say embarrassed??? So I went home immediately and checked my online banking acct...and there was $????? So this morning first thing I called my bank.... and they said they suspected fraud and cut off my debit card.... yes...it was fraud someone trying to use my card in another state.... thankfully my bank caught it after the first charge at subway for $10.61... they then went to game stop and tried to spend $485.00 and it was declined since they cut it off.... OMG..... people are terrible... so now I have no debit card for 10-14 business days..... Damn people.... this world is crazy..... people just need to get off there lazy butt and get a job! ERRRRR :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Jean and Betty...I wish I could go without weighing... I know its just a number....but it helps me stay in check with my eating!:rolleyes:

Wow, Carolyn, how fab she sounds! Skip the Bikram for now then. That's all it'll take to be on the road to recovery?--stretching?? If only you'd known months ago. We're with you on the shot.

Ok, I'm feeling a little fuzzy-headed and tired, and it just dawned on me that it could be that I didn't have my chia seeds this morning! At work I didn't feel that clear-headed and I wondered why it was since I had had my caffeine zip. Lately, I remember thinking to myself that my mind feels so with it (and is it because playing piano challenges and helps my brain), ya know? It's a great feeling. I'm going to monitor that closely when I resume chia on Friday. To quote Carolyn, I just need to get this stupid C appointment behind me!:confused: Ugh, it can't happen fast enough.

Good morning. I went back to bed till 9 after ds left.:eek: I never do that. No reason. Just because.
We are about to embark on a dark, cold, rainy week though. There is a sliver of sun still.
I might do UY of some sort.
Carolyn, I do wonder if it is the supplements! You've got to try oil pulling again for the puffy eyes. If it's fluid in there, that is. It can't help stretched skin, of which I have some.:confused:

Bitchy office people are the worst! You would think a prerequisite for working in a medical office would be kindness and compassion, yet I've dealt with cold people in very stressful situations.
Are you into mall walking? Continue with the stretching. I looked at library site for bikram dvds. Nada. I've requested that man's book to flip through though.
Funny you mention magnesium. I've been meaning to tell you guys a story. Dh gets migraines, averaging once a week recently. He thinks nothing of popping Excedrin. Doesn't care to stabilize sleep, eat well, nor isolate culprits, food or otherwise. He accepts that some people just get headaches.:mad: So finally about a month and a half ago, I started him on Cal Mag. I figured if he has no problem popping those pills, then what's the harm with this one? I give him one every evening. Well, to me, his headaches have lessened to one every so often! But he is not the type to notice, nor say, wow, you're right, this is working! He is like an absent-minded professor. When he came back from Canada, I questioned him and he said he had gotten one (didn't take any that I packed him) but thought it due to drinking and bad sleep. Well, I guess I will never gratification from him on this subject but I feel vindicated on my own. He might need a stronger dose at some point.
Speaking of inflammation, use chia seeds. The author of a book I read last month had an autoimmune skin disease that she unsuccessfully tried everything for, until chia! (Chia Vitality by Janie Hoffman)
Off to use my new yoga brick.

Carolyn, you've got me fired up about the Bikram poses. Saw a dvd on Amazon that does the poses, but I won't be impulsive. Yet.
I did UY Yin. I was bad and multi-tasked during it. How, you ask? Reading my tablet, texting....
Since my injury, I realize power yoga is not for me, so I'll stay away from UY Cardio, Strength, and the like. I will continue with the others. The Bikram idea of detox, stretch, bending my way to a healthier body is very appealing. My sis found this cutely illustrated pose list: http://bikramhartford.com/bikram-yoga/postures-and-benefits/

Mary, how are dd's diabetes and stress doing?

What, does everyone have a life or something?!

Hi Girls

Last week I was in training all week. I kept up with my workouts.

Yesterday was ballet body and I took a rest day today. I was exhausted.

Carolyn I am so happy that yesterday went well. I am proud of you. I think you are making the right choices.

Like Betty said could you do mall walking? When my DD was born and I was on maturity leave during the winter I would go to the mall every day for a walk.

I away read about other and the intensive workouts they do. I've found that my body absolutely loves walking and ballet body. I'm in the best shape and my body doesn't fell wretched. Do want you can and don't feel guilty.

Betty bikram has always appealed to me but I've never tried it. I've multitasks though yin yoga....

Wow, I took ds to piano and came home to see all these posts! Yay!
Carolyn, isn't that Bikram site awesome? I was going to try to copy the poses onto a Word doc and print it too. My sis pointed out the 2nd pose--helps frozen shoulders! Will try tonight.
The daily chia serving suggestion on my bag is 3 tbsp. I do 2 tbsp nowadays, but 1 previously.
You can turn a space heater on and heat the space you're in, and voila! Bikram! And all this time I thought it was just heated regular yoga. I love the principles!
In Amazon there's a dvd called The Barkan Method: Hot Yoga. Lot of praise for the instructor and similarity to Bikram.

Colleen, I'm so envious of your happy place! So happy for you that BB and walking are your thing!

How will I survive tomorrow on clear liquids? What will I drink?? Chicken broth sounds gross since it's so salty. Tea and water are the only things I can think of.

Carolyn, this afternoon on the way to piano I randomly thought about your cabinet! Vibes! I'm so envious of all that room you describe! My pantry consists of 2 upper cabinets. Other stuff is in random diff places. Dh doesn't care!
I turned 50 this year! My appt is at 2:30. Yikes. How will I work when I'm starving?? I secretly fear that they'll find something, or I'll die from the the sedation or something.:confused:
How long does one hold the poses?

Good morning. It was the sky of night when I woke. Not as dark now but the rain has arrived.
I tried all 26 poses last night, holding them for a count of 30. Some are crazy undoable. Many we've done with Cathe or in other yoga as stretches.
This morning dh cautioned me to take it easy, just as I was about to start CLB with BS Sh. So I didn't do it because the high impact might make me hungrier. I ended up doing BS Sh & Bi. Lifting would make one hungry too but my weights were so light! I'm afraid to set myself back by overdoing too soon.

Carolyn, thanks, my friend. I should schedule this on a Monday morning next time, but I had wanted the earliest opening. Lesson learned.
Now that I've read the Bikram info, and armed with your consultant's info, I'm confident you can heal your discs!
That was a sweet story of dh. I divulged my fear to dh and he just dismissed it. He's so cold!:confused:.

Jean, I finally watched the first episode of Paradise. I imagine I'll catch up today and tomorrow, being confined to low-exertion activity.

Colleen, what kind of training did you have? I hope it didn't involve travel.

I better get ready for work.

Last edited:
Hiho. I am famished. No, maybe hungry is a better word. Tomorrow I'll use that word. I've only had tea and water so far. I can have coffee but what's the sense in having caffeine, which makes me hungrier, or without cream and sugar? I looked at clear liquid diet online it's unappealing stuff like gelatin
Carolyn, I hate not having a dvd too. I tend to flail without direction. I had my tablet in front of me last night while doing them. I didn't print my doc out yet because I knew there'd be other vital tips to add to them, but I couldn't picture what. Well, I came across this after: http://www.de-azi.ro/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/26-pose.jpg. These are just a few, but are a better illustration. There was one pose I had no idea what the picture indicated! It's #19 on this link.
I second what your neighbor said!

OMG, why did it cause you so much pain?? Ice ice ice. And you can't take anything! How about heating pad?
I guess I could have some juice with seltzer. Thanks for the idea. Is grapefruit juice considered clear or is it too reddish?? No red things.

Dh is getting fried chicken!
I'm so glad you napped! How refreshing! And during a nor'easter is perfect!

Last edited:
Betty. Good luck tomorrow.

Carolyn so glad you took a nap. Sorry you overdid it with the yoga.

Today was ballet body. I'm beat and feel like I'm starting to get sick. Yuck. [emoji19]

Thanks, Colleen! So sorry to hear you're getting sick! Rest, fluids, garlic:D.

Jean, donde esta usted??

I'm not too bad, thanks, Carolyn!
What a cozy pic you paint!
I drank a 2nd bottle of mg citrate at 9 so I haven't rushed off to bed. Last one's at 9 am.
It is raining cats and dogs and sheets of rain and wind.
Sleep well, my friends.

Good morning. What a vicious storm! So much rain and wind. A lull now.
I am just sitting or lying around. Just drank my last bottle, a lemon flavor. Cherry is ok as long as it's dye-free. I've definitely got a flat stomach, flat everything.
Carolyn, I would keep the dvds. You can aspire toward that goal. Can always sell later.
Jean, how's your head? And the movie? Must have been fun to go to the theater.
Bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.