STS first time!

Carolyn, if the disc can go back, then it's worth a shot!;) Get it!? I haven't had one of these in a long time!
What would the pain clinic do? Teach you how to deal with pain? Give you pain meds? Stay away from addictive substances.
Do you feel you understand your problem now? I hope so. Not knowing was the worst part. Well, that and the pain. Sleep on it to digest the info.

Mary, so sorry for what you and dd are going through. I hope everything is all right. Just put one foot in front of the other. You'll get through this. Come here and vent to us. We're with you all the way.

I last did CLB a year and a half ago!
I made a potato leek soup for dinner. It came out delicious even though I never read the recipe all the way through carefully and didn't realize the amount of time, and I used a mishmash of 3 of Martha's recipes. I used a stick blender to whip it creamy.
So tired. I should hit the hay, but I'll read a bit first.
Chat in the am.

Good morning, my fit friends. It is quite dark and rainy. I wholeheartedly agree that it is fabulous to be forced indoors by rain. Love it.
Guess what? This morning dh turns on the tv to some infomercial about pressure cookers and I recognized the woman from somewhere. After some ruminating for just a few seconds, I realized it's Denise, from STS! Can you believe it? Have you guys ever seen it?

This morning I finally baked the remainder cheese danish log. It was actually ok, considering that it was in the fridge for almost a whole week drying out in parchment. With it we had a fresh pot of DD, eggs, breakfast sausages, tots, Bartlett pears.

Jean, how about some homemade pumpkin bread? Does it go well with wine or a cosmo?:D
I will finish the book today. I just got to the part where the present-day journalist met with Jennifer (I really dislike this name), then the chapter jumps back to the past, and now J just arrived in Congo.
The smell of new house must be like the smell of new car. Mmmmm.

Yesterday the work phones were blissfullly quiet! When I got home, I had a voice message from a local man to whom I applied a year ago who needs an assistant to help write a book about his daughter's suicide. I've been seeing his ads in the paper the last few weeks again. I wasn't interested till I heard the end of the message: the pay is more than twice what I currently make! I told him my circumstances, and we'll meet next Thurs to chat more. I would loathe to give up my walk-a-block-to-work job but I will if I have to! Remember the legal firm? That could come up in the future too.

Carolyn, I've had no side effects from doing Bis yesterday. And I was too lazy to do my arm exercises last night.
I agree with your decision! Go for it. Time for some action.
It breaks my heart that your dh lives daily with severe pain!
The weatherman last evening indicated the rain wouldn't more north than past the Boston area so I'm glad to hear you have rain.

Mary, enjoy oldest dd being home! My ds came home freshman year too but no more after that--too much going on.

Last edited:
Cathe posted in FB that they finished filming Wednesday night at 8:30! Now she's in Daytona for the road trip. Come Monday she will be in the forums answering questions.

Mary- Hope all is ok with dd. Thinking of you!

Carolyn- A disc?! Ouch! No wonder you've been in so much pain. Take care of yourself and I agree with Betty- stay away from narcotics...those things are nasty!

Betty- Denise from STS...that's crazy! Wish I could have seen it. Awww love rain. None here.

Hi Missy!

OMG you guys I have been such a slug this week. Can you believe my only "workouts" have been walking to the park. Hello lazy! I just can't get motivated. I've been sleeping in til 8 which is when B gets up. A couple times this week I even took a nap with him.....and I loved every second.

Working today and I did do my 2- 30min walks so at least I have that going for me. One of my friends is doing a 15 day squat challenge so I've been doing that with her but the food I've been chowing has totally made my squats non relevant. I have even been using creamer in my coffee---pumpkin spice....my fav! B and I made cookies (teetees as he calls them....lol...sounds like titties aka boobs.....silly boy) this week and we enjoyed every last one of them. But seriously I do need to get back on the train. My energy is so low when I don't workout and I always eat worse too. Oh well....it happens!

Have a great rest of the day everyone :)

Good morning....yesterday we went to thw thomasville fly in.... where tons of planes come in and people hang out....ot was free and fun....lots of walking....then when I got home...all was great....I was walking into the kitchen and my damn knee popped and then I could not straighten my leg or it hurt terribly....why....just why??? Its theinside of my knee....last night I iced it....it is not as bad this morning....but still tender when I lock my knee straight???? Errrr.....:mad:

Seems like everytime I get going.....I go backwards....:mad:

Carolyn....I would definitely give the shot a try..... and stay away from the narcotics. ... too addicting....I do understand. ...as I Have a problem myself and can't seem to fix it no matter what I do....but at least we continue to try....and not give up like most people....

Mary....hope allnos well with your daughter....I'm glad to hear the diabetes are under control....

Betty....I had friday off....it was nice to get away from the phones....people were starting to really bother me....hehehe

Hello Marie and Jean and Colleen.....

Be back in a bit....

Good sunny chilly morning. Boy, was it an unusually dark day yesterday. The sun peeked out around 4 pm.
Dh is mowing. I should go eat breakfast.

Jean, I finished the book last night. It made for good reading. A couple of clichéd storylines though--J's and L's marriage, E's affair with married man, etc. I must look for some more from this author.

Injured and achy friends, hang in there. You'll get through it.

Missy, does your knee do this often? Does it need to be popped back in?
Awesome you had Friday off!!! Does your state have Monday as a holiday? Not CA. It's only a quasi-holiday in MA. DH and I have to work.
A few places had the planes thing. Fleet week in SF, something in Daytona where the road trip is, and where you are, Missy.

Carolyn, I hope ice helps you heal as well.

Last edited:
Monday is just a holiday on calendar. ....cause I have to work too....

As for my knee.....this does happen....but it seems to be happening more and more frequently. ....I was just at chiropractor 4 weeks ago....

Resting now with ice......

Carolyn...MCL....yep...I've been reading about all kinds of stuff....also about hip misalignment can cause the pain too.....I just don't want to get MRI....as I have a $3000 deductible which I've met may $300.... so I would have to psy for it all....and I'm just not doing it....it don't hurt that bad....I will just continue to pay$40 at the cchiropractor....hmmmmm.....

I took a 2 hr nap today.....oh my....I must not feel very well....oh well....rest and ice is key to success!!!!

I hungry....I normally do not snack.....but we ate at the in laws and I never eat much there as Its very unhealthy...lol....we use to go there every Sunday.....but now we go once in a blue moon....haven't eat there in months.... off to find a snack.....

Good night.....

Good morning....I'm up....moving slow this morning. .... I just want to stay in bed..... I'm a little angry....last week I did so good....and then I gained it back the weekend....due to pain....errrr!:mad:

Good morning! It is cold enough inside to warrant the heat on! Brrr. It seems to be partly sunny only, which won't help the situation.
I did AB, minus all the floorwork, which was almost 10 mins! Incredible how much time is spent on floor. It's probably why this is a toughie.
I napped a little yesterday too. (Nothing like nodding off while reading:D.) Which may explain why I woke before alarm:confused:.

Betty.... Its warm here today.... but a cool front is on its way...tomorrow its suppose to rain buckets and then the cool air will come....

Carolyn....what did your physical therapist say about your hip alignment issues? Di he tell you anything to do to keep it aligned??? Curious as I really think most of my troubles come from that area.... my chiropractor is real laid back and fixs my problem but never does maintance exercise/stretching advise.... just curious of other professional opinions????

Hiho. Cloudy day so I feel gloomy. Not to mention freezing cold. Humidity is rolling in but the inside of house is chilled beyond repair.
Work wasn't too bad, phone-wise. Not too much billing either since I did a lot on Friday.
Will keep you guys posted on the other opportunity. I'm a perfect fit in the sense that I'm a such closet writer:D. Subject matter is morbid though. I'd help transcribe notes and journals into the computer, sounds like. Not certain yet. We'll see how it pans out. Que sera, sera.

Carolyn, that's great family time. Enjoy it while the kids want to be with you. Soon enough they won't. Fingers crossed on boat. Whichever way you want it to go;).

Better go fold some laundry.

Last edited:
Carolyn, Gracepoint is the American equivalent of Broadchurch. With the same guy in both versions! I only realized yesterday that it has already started. When I saw a commercial of it months back, it was word for word a repeat. I'm curious if the entire show is like that!
Good for you guys on the motor!
Dh watched the first episode of Gotham. I with him but could care less since I've never really liked comic book stuff, esp anything on Gotham city.
He got me hooked on The Voice though. Newcomers Gwen Stefani and Pharrell are so magnetic! Adam and Blake are just magnificent. Specimens, too;).
Ebola, enterovirous, strong viruses, flu viruses, cold viruses, eek!:confused:
The rest of the week will be over 70. Some showers and humidity too.
Jean, jelly cabinets sound fun!
Late for bed!

Hello Everyone!
I took yesterday off as all my girls were home from school. I know oldest dd was home this weekend because her bed was slept in, but otherwise we did not see much of her. We did all go out to dinner Sunday night, but the rest of the weekend was coming and going for her, seeing all her friends and boyfriend. I think this year is going to be one of constant adjustment of expectations for me! I even had to restrain myself from saying 'Don't you have homework to do?' She has to be able to manage all this on her own. Wah :(

This morning I was short on time so did the upper body premix from muscle max. And yesterday I did Rockout Knockout, I don't think I ever did that one before and I thought it was pretty good.

Missy, I hope your pain is better. You too Carolyn.

Have a great day everyone!

Hiya. What a warm and humid day. I was oblivious, naturally, so I dressed in jeans and a cotton sweater.
I decided to go into the Fenway and Copley Sq areas for some returns. After I was finished, I impulsively called to see if I could have a hair appt in 20 mins. She said how about 30 mins? That was better for me since I planned to walk there (downtown Boston). I walked a ton and was so sweaty by the time I got there.:confused: I only trimmed my hair. Need badly to henna it. The whites are so copious:confused:!
After, I stopped into my sis' office and she was free for lunch! So we had pho, a Vietnamese noodle soup (yes, like ramen;)). It sure hit the spot. Then I met up with my mom briefly and then headed back home.
My legs are wicked achy and domsy from running/rushing a little today. And those dixie cup lunges yesterday were amazingly effective. They get me every time!
I need to go practice, cook dinner, then go to my bro's to help with kids' bedtime.
A year ago tomorrow I was leaving for CA for two weeks. Waaaaaaah!

Mary, doesn't dd seem all grown up? You're so with it to bite your tongue. Good for you. Remember when we were that age? Just wanted our friends around. A painful realization.
Nice job with ROKO! Isn't that the one with the super core routine at the end?

Carolyn, call Joe's office and ask. He's so fantastic it'd be sad to lose him. We went to an out-of-network oral surgeon for a consult. We paid up front but insurance eventually reimbursed the entire cost. So you never know.
What did you exercise to today?
I do love thumb holes in exercise tops!

Jean, I think it's this one: http://www.powerpressurecooker.com/?gclid=CJba0oz0rMECFeRj7Aod1BUAHw

Good morning! I did a premix of AOLIH with BS Ch! I skipped the burn part pushups. I've never done AOLIH with something else!
Thanks for checking in, ladies. I was feeling lonely!
Carolyn, so sorry about your pinched someching. Great day for a walk, albeit humid.
I cannot work out either if there's no tape to follow! An absolute must!
Jean, the infomercial shows Denise many many times, clearly. It was on a Fox channel Saturday morning. I'll do some digging.
Work soon.

Eek, the humidity is quite suffocating if you're moving a little faster than leisurely.
Work wasn't bad, phone-wise, but I had a ton of billing.
I'm wearing my Cathe Who's Boss tee:D.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.