STS - Do you plan to preorder?

I did do a happy dance. I was just thinking its probably not going to be out until next year, but I can't wait to at least pre-order and get the ball rolling!

sonja

>Having just seen blog announcement I can definitely say I'm
>in. ;)

Me, too -- although I already knew that I'd probably buy it! I'm worried about not having a squat rack, but it sounds like there will still be an option for those of us who don't have one!

After seeing the latest announcement...I can jump off on the "no" side of the fence.

I want a boxing workout! Waaaaaaa! :+

I'm going to pass on this one. Just don't have $200 to throw at it and it sounds like it's way more advanced than I'm ready for.

But I'll be watching ebay and amazon for all you who want to sell your KPC's and Butts & Gutts to pay for it!

;)

I don't think I'll be getting this one. A number of reasons, not least of all the price, but mostly because I really do prefer to do more cardio than weights. While I do like to lift heavy some of the time, long-term heavy weights do not agree with my hand/wrist/shoulder joints. Also, I have never been able to even finish a 4 week rotation, let alone a 12 week program. I prefer to mix what I "need" to do with what I "feel like" doing on certain days.

I am passing too. Too technical, no cardio. Sounds like a series from hell to me.

And the price is too high.

I am becoming more and more disillusioned with Cathe's workouts.

Why no more Blast, Intensity, Hardcore series?

I think the price is fairly decent. Before I decide on preordering, I want to know a list of equipment that I will need and a rough estimate of about how long each workout is. I'm more interested now that I know the details and this would be something very different for me. What holds me back:
1. Equipment needed and length - need to know this info.
2. Would I stick with this program to get my money's worth and see the results? I go through phases where I stick with a rotation for a while but lately, this has been difficult for me. So, if a four week rotation is a big commitment for me, how will I do at 12 weeks?
3. Will there be enough variety regarding music to keep me interested?
Pro's for me:
1. It sounds interesting and unique and like it could really shake up my routine.
2. The pre-sale price is pretty reasonable
3. This would be the first time I followed a programmed set of workouts
Hmmmm.....
Angela:7

I'm on the fence about this one as well.

I will probably wait until closer to the release date to order when more information is available. SNM indicated the workouts will probably be under an hour, but how much under an hour (especially if abs aren't included in that time) is important to me. My schedule only allows me to workout five days a week, and I just can't get by (mentally) with only two days of cardio a week (I love my cardio!) If these workouts are short enough that I can get at least one or two 30 minute cardio sessions worked in either before or after them, I will probably preorder. But if they are right at an hour and then abs are added on top of that, I may not.

It makes me sad to say that because I preorder everything Cathe does!

Simply put- YES

My thoughts (reposted)
I’m still digesting all the information that Cathe provided about STS. She surprised me once again. I’m very happy about the planning that SNM is putting into this series. I’m okay with the price and I have already put $150.00 aside. I’ve been looking over similar rotations (not on DVD) and STS seems to be what I want.

I’ve decided to stick to a rotation planned around the 4DS & NOT to rotation hop. So far, I’m very happy with the strength gains that I’ve made and I’m not bored. My progress has convinced me that I’m ready for a product like STS and I will use it as planned.

It seems like there are more advanced home exercisers now. Many home exercisers have more knowledge and home fitness equipment. There are more requests for a gym like experience at home. I think STS is Cathe’s answer to the advances that home exercisers have made and to the changes in technology. New instructors are competing for the advanced market and Cathe seems to be trailblazing another small niche.

I hope all goes smoothly,

jordan

After seeing the latest announcement, I've moved closer to the 'yes' side. I'll make my final decision by this weekend (and if I decide to order, I'll have to come into the office on the weekend, because the computer repair folks seem to be holding my computer hostage!)

I think it will probably be a no. I love weights more than cardio but I only have 15lb dumbells and a 35lb barbell. I can't afford to buy more equipment and I don't have the space. I do think the price sounds reasonable for all the stuff that they're offering.

Also, being in the UK, I think the shipping charges and tax would be horrendous and I can't see Collage stocking this.

I was on the fence until I got the latest description. I have all the equipment in our garage and would love to put it to use with Cathe's motivation and expertise. I'll just have to figure out how to get her out there--portable dvd player maybe?

I think I'll actually be able to get my husband on board with this one.

I can't wait for the boxing series. Bring it on!!!

Maggie:)

I'm definitely going to order the series. I do love heavy lifting more than step aerobics and I do see better results when I lift more than do cardio. Plus I really need a program that is more structured and this sounds very structured. I don't have any "gym machines" at home. I just have a barbell, dumbbells, club step and high step. so far that's all I have needed. But it sounds like she will have different versions of the workouts to satisfy the people with the equipment and the ones who don't have any. It really sounds like a great system.

I am also looking forward to the MP3 workouts. Does anyone know if she plans to do one for the walker/jogger/runners? That would be cool if I could go for a jog and listen to Cathe motivating me.

I will probably get it. Being that this is going to take a while to film, I've got plenty of time to decide and still get the pre-order price. The price is one reason to get it - after it's out it will be much more expensive, so I view it as cheaper than not getting it. (not logical, but I'm going with it anyway). I am also a cardio-hater, so anything that gets me working out is a good enough reason. I just saw her post, however, that this will be "one of many" projects for 2008!! wow, is all I can say to that. I feel my credit card melting already!

I am totally gonna buy this one! I would honestly think that there would be more excitement on the forums than there is for this STS series???

This is why I am excited:

1. Cathe does it better than anyone else!
2. I find that following a stricter rotation, I see better results
3. Heavy lifting has tremendously increased my strength
4. I can still do cardio 3 days a week if I want and my choice of cardio
5. Workouts should be about an hour long which is perfect
6. I have all the equipment and rarely use our squat bar and am excited to use all of the equipment we have
7. I love a challenge!
8. I loved P90X which followed a stricter rotation, that was awesome!

Why I am not excited:

1. Price - my DH is going to be DISPLEASED! However, I will just threaten to join a gym and that will eat up about $400 more a year than these will....so from that perspective - they seem reasonable.

I understand that there are reasons for all of her dvds. My husband and I are thinking about having a child in the next year or two, so I am certain Cathe's less advanced workouts will get quite a bit of use, so I NEVER feel like I waste money when I spend it on her - - I will just be ticked if I end up being in the third tri-mester when these are released! CRAP! :p

I am a NO. After the last couple of series I have not been really thrilled with the direction Cathe seems ( because sometimes I am scratching my head) to be going and I can do alot more with the money than spend it on DVDs. I like to be fit and fabulous and all that, but do I want to be a bodybuilder? No, thanks. I have a life.
And that life includes a variety of movement, instructors and workouts.

Thanks Cathe, but no thanks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.