STS CHECK IN DISC 28

You are in for - heat in the muscle !!!:eek:

I just finished chest & back and it was intense !! I really love this heavy weight work.
Again, my incline chest fly weights were higher than my flat bench- which I think is a goof on my part in the testing. The incline was REALLY tough but I did it , so I think that was the right weight, the flat bench was fairly easy compared to the incline.

Cathe- thanks for the answer the other day, telling me supermans were not a suitable substitute in this meso for deadlifts. I did attempt deadlifts today but I have no idea what weight to use. I haven't done them forever (back issues)........and don't think I should start with a heavy weight, so I just picked up two 12 pound db's to be safe. But that can't count as heavy weight work either.......so what should I do ??

Have a good day STS'rs !!!:D

Becky

Good morning, everyone :)!

Question: Next week, I'm not going to be able to go up anymore on chest for safety's sake. So do I lift faster/do more reps/or what?

On to the workout. It was definitely intense. I had the problem, though, of not being able to increase as much as I should have on chest because I couldn't hoist my dumbbells up safely and then get them put back on the floor :(. Once I got them up there, I was good to go. It was just everything involved in getting them up there and then back down again :rolleyes:.

But I still loved the workout :D!

I really liked this workout today and managed my target weight and to complete the reps.When I started this series I wasn't sure how I would feel about Meso 3 and thought perhaps I wouldn't do it after trying it once. Well I was wrong. I love Meso 3 and feel I have made some serious strength gains. The previous Meso cycles set you up very nicely for Meso 3 and having the 1RM is just brilliant. I have definitely been pushed out of my comfort zone which is what I wanted from STS. STS has certainly gone way beyond my expectations.

Loving it! Feeling powerful!

I am finding that the first sets (after the warm up bench pressing) are too light for the 2nd week in a row. I'm thinking I should go up, but I'm also hearing "don't change your weights."

So, question:

Is that just in the workout that day, or overall for the meso? My heartrate is only going to 53-54% during that first round, and I could do another few reps (at least).

Good morning!

I completed disc 28 yesterday. I expected to have DOMS today, but I do not. I am disappointed; I like to feel the workout a day later.

But, I did enjoy the w/o because it was intense. TMS, I really needed every second of my breaks in between the exercises.

I also drank 2 bottles of water during disc 28. This had never happened before.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Just got done with Disc 28. Really felt the burn with the 85% weights! About halfway into the workout, I was feeling a nice warmth in my shoulders & biceps--nothing major, but definitely could tell they were assisting! I feel I worked almost all my upper body. :)

I was able to complete all the reps, so I'm feeling like a Super Woman! I too can see how Meso 1 & Meso 2 were stepping stones to help prepare us for Meso 3's heavy weights. It's awesome!

Ali, I know what you mean; If DOMS is there, I feel that I really worked the muscles. I remember I was frustrated that I didn't feel hardly any DOMS in my legs during Meso 2. Then about halfway into it, I noticed that my legs felt so much more toned! I bet you'll notice some good results soon even if the DOMS isn't apparent.

See you all after Disc 29!

I did this workout this morning and felt very good about the weights that I could use for all of the back work. My target weights for both one arm rows were right on. I have a feeling I'll be feeling some doms in my back tomorrow from the dead lifts. WEW HEW!

Bev

I'm loving Meso 3! I was dreading it before because the thought of going heavier seemed risky to me but I feel like I am actually able to handle the weights.

My question - my one arm rows were really heavy. I was only able to do about 3-4 reps with my elbow actually going completely up. The rest of the reps my elbow only came as high as inline with my back. Should I lower my weight or is up to back height acceptable? I watched Cathe and crew and noticed everyone's elbows were coming up much higher than my weight. This was the first week I was unable to lift my elbow as high.

Btw - my incline weight for chest is always quite a bit less than flat bench weight. Probably about 15% more!

I've reached my heaviest weight for chest flys ever! I always thought any heavier that what I typically do was just not possible! I never thought I'd be able to handle that heavy but I did it!! :)

Hi Cathe and STS warriors:D

Today's workout:

STS-Meso 3, week 2, Disc#28 = 65 min
Calories Burned= 505
Man, today the four sets each was tough. The barbell rows were very tough for me but I was able to still do them with good form. I lifted #62's. Phew!
I never would have imagined I'd be able to attempt let alone actually lift with good form that weight. I'm amazed and stunned! Cathe's STS is magical stuff!

STS-Ab Circuits-Med ball abs- 10min
Calories burned= 62

That's it for me today, man that was tough today and felt much longer too!

Have a great day!

Hugs!

Nora:)

I did 28 as well. Weight was right on, and I really enjoyed it.

Do any of you wear a heart rate monitor? My calorie burn is significantly lower than the workout manager on the weight workouts by almost half. If I ever burned over 500 calories on a chest workout I'd eat my weight bench. Just curious what you are all seeing.

I'm looking forward to a hard core cardio tomorrow.

Nite folks.

Good evening everyone! I did this workout yesterday morning. I am SORE today! I re-calculated the chest press weights based on last weeks numbers, which raised my numbers. They were right on this week. I struggled to get that seventh rep up there which I think is the goal. I added some sets of pull-ups/chin-ups at the end of the workout since I was at the gym (assisted machine!). Can you all believe we are just a few weeks from being done?! Squat rack legs is up for me tomorrow! Take care everyone.

Carrie

Wow!

I never knew I could bench press 60 pounds...cool!

Cathe, thanks for the video pointers on forearm development last week- they really helped out today at the end of the workout when I had those heavy deadlifts to do. Last week I thought I would have to keep the same weight as last week, but I was okay to go heavier.
I really like the chest work of Meso 3 (I dread push-ups, you see). Thanks, Cathe- I'm feeling stronger than I ever have!

Good evening,

I loved this workout; did it yesterday. I'm loving Meso 3. It seems to suit me to a "t". No doms; just tired muscles.

This morning I did the cardio suggestion: MIC hi/lo & Cardio Quick Fix. That was a great cardio blast.

I'll be doing squat rack legs tomorrow.

Cheers,
Sandra

I did 28 as well. Weight was right on, and I really enjoyed it.

Do any of you wear a heart rate monitor? My calorie burn is significantly lower than the workout manager on the weight workouts by almost half. If I ever burned over 500 calories on a chest workout I'd eat my weight bench. Just curious what you are all seeing.

I'm looking forward to a hard core cardio tomorrow.

Nite folks.

I'll just jump in here with my experience. I rarely find that my calories burned per my HRM are the same as the WM. I, too, wish it was the case. At first I was discouraged, thinking I was not working hard enough (and it's the same with both strength and cardio workouts), but I soon realized the WM numbers are just a formula -- kind of like putting your stats into a treadmill and then just turning it on and wandering off to eat bonbons and then coming back and taking "credit" for the number of calories burned shown on the treadmill readout. I've since gotten over being concerned about the difference.

Disc 28 was amazing! I must have eaten my wheaties and everyone elses because I had to increase all of my weights. I felt unbelievably strong but was still breathing hard! Chest and Back feel great today. On the other hand, for cardio today I thought it would be more convenient to just do MIC in its entirety. WHEW! Is that lady human?:p
I did finish it ALL (it wasn't pretty)! I am so glad I didn't have to talk through that!
I agree with the other poster on how much meso 1 & 2 have prepared us for this. I am beside myself in disbelief on what I've accomplished so far.
Once again, Thank you Cathe and all my fellow STSrs

Disk 28

Fantastic workout! All target weight met. I did increase the one arm horizontal row after my husband commented how easy it seemed for me. Thanks, honey! ;) I am trying my best to think positive about tomorrow's Plyo Legs. Goodnight everyone!

Hi Everyone! Not a whole lot of change from workout to workout but I sure do feel a lot stronger. This week, although 5% heavier weight, it went right up there no hesitation. Knowing there are only 7 reps makes me really give it my all too.

I'm happy to hear that you are all enjoying this meso more than you thought you would. You really need to do the other two meso's before this one to grow an appreciation for the strength and simplicity required in this meso.

I see a few questions here and I will try to get back as soon as possible to answer...if not today another day. Still have to report my Disc 29 workout and then off to the bus stop this mommy goes ;)

Loving meso 3

Hi everyone I did disc 28 yesterday and I love it I felt so strong I did bench press 60# and I did struggle with the last rep. so I think I was just right on.
For back I did 55 on the rowing, and the dead lifts 60s I love heavy weight,and for fly's OMG I never thought that I can do 22p I'm so exited. I need to get some more plates for my bar:) Today I talk to my husband and he said, I can't wait to see you, you are going to be on shape and I'm not:(( You guys know that he is on Iraq) I'm not that sore, but this morning I did the MIC also the whole workout and on the warm up I was feeling my chest tide so I certainly did something right, Right!!!
I'm so ready for tomorrow legs, I think during this meso is were I'm going to see a very nice shape and loos weight,
I love the slanders they do work.

PS I see that Cathe is going to answer some questions so. Cathe can you please show me how to do the perfect concentration curl up? every time I do this I wonder if I'm doing this ones right, because I don't see the nugget:( and I'm dying to see it so please Help Cathe..
Eunice

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.