STS Body Rockers week of January 8th

Good morning ladies:)

Since starting STS on Monday, I did 4DS BC cardio premix and AC NEQ Tuesday and Disc 2 yesterday and just did Disc 3 this a.m. :) I pushed this weeks STS workouts together a bit to get them to the days that work best for me (or at least they did last time) - so will start week 2 on Saturday:) So far so good, the mindset switch I'd hoped for by starting the program again seems to have happened (so far at least eats are good too, so just need to keep it up, can't wait to see the results I could get from STS if I can keep my eating in check - got good results last time and my food choices were not very good:eek: )

Wiggie - way to go with TB, I've only done that one 1 or 2 times! Tough tough, I know what Katie means, I thought that one looked easier before the series came out - I think it's the toughest! I can't wait to hear your results from doing it consistently:)

Wendy - holy moly - that looks like a tough tough workout!

Katie - great job with Muscle Max and Step Moves! I need to break Step Moves out of it's cellophane prison (as Kiki would say:) Maybe I'll try to break through my choreo fear during this STS round while I figure out my cardio days:) So glad your back is improving, sounds like you're doing the right thing - easing into the back work a bit, but working it:) That will be great to be doing STS at the same time!

Bridget - sorry you and dh were sick! No fun, hope you're feeling better - take it easy.

Terina - I love 4DS, those are some of my favorites for sure!

Hi Erin and Kiki!

Hope you all have a great Friday Eve:)

Kris

Katie:: How's your back holding up? You are not alone. I am sleepy as anything too! I agree-it's likely the weather. Dark, rainy and windy. YUCK! :( Looks like I am not the ONLY one who felt like repeating a part of their work out this morning! Seems we were sharing a brain this morning girl! :D What worries me about the longer work outs in the STS/LIS rotation is getting em started in enough time so that I am not being forced to cut it short, do premixes or just run reeeeaaaallllllyyyy late for everything for three solid months! :p I have been sleeping in like you would not believe these last few months because I can! I have spoiled myself! :eek: Yeah, I stink at tricep dips/push ups as well but practice makes perfect you know! ;):p

Kris:: Nice work outs but what's AC NEQ ??? :confused: I am sure I'll feel :eek: when you tell me but sometimes the abbreviations just don't click with me. :rolleyes:

Good afternoon All!!:D

Wednesday's workout was Jillian M"s Extreme Shed & Shred chased by 20 minutes on the bike. I know alot of people don't like her, but I liked it. She had some moves that I hadn't done before. Collage video had all of her's on sale for 8.99. I also got Yoga Meltdown that looks really good & Killer Buns & Thighs. I saw these in Walmart & went to Collage to preview them before buying them & collage had them cheaper.

Kris, good job staying focused!! This week my eats have been good too, I started writing everything down again in WW fashion.

Katie glad you're being so careful!!

Wendy, you go bodyrocker!!

Have a great evening All!!:)

Hi there everyone,

Wendy - AC NEQ is Ab Circuits - the No Equipment one:) Maybe that's just my abbreviation :eek:

Wiggie - great job with Jillian's workout! I have a couple of hers, I like them pretty well, it's been awhile, will have to take them out again sometime soon:) That's a great deal too! Love it:)

Off to do AC - Pilates - my legs are thanking me for Disc 3, pretty slow to stand up today :eek: See how I feel tomorrow, we shall see, I have a Hiit on tap for tomorrow- might regret that:)

Have a great night,

Kris

Morning girls,
So Ds has pneumonia:( Its been a ride of just sickness all over. I still am fighting a upper resp cold, praying i dont end up with pneumonia! That said on the last week of sts. I have just bi tri sh left...hope to maybe do it tomorrow. but i am laying of the cardio for now. I tired to do plyo legs yesterday, but i am just not able to give it what it deserves! I have a final paper do very soon, so thats eating in to my computer time=) So AFter this course is done i be back to really talk to you guys:D

Hey Girls!

My workouts so far this week:
Mon: KCM- Stepbox
Tues: Chest/Back D28
Wed: LIS-CSS (premix intervals 1-4) ~26 min :p
Thur: SRL D40

Today will be SBT disc 30? I decided to go ahead and repeat the two middle weeks of STS before moving on to my rest week and heading back down the pyramid. Why, you ask? Because I LOVE IT SO DANG MUCH :eek:, that's why ;) LOL. Plus, I just felt I was finagling w/the weights way too much during those weeks for one reason or another (headaches, going to light one week, and then taking to the last set to get the weight just right the next week), so I just wanna get weeks 2&3 right before moving on. My upper body responds SO well to that Meso, that I don't wanna go all halfway, with it and move on, never to do again (realistically) until fall/winter. I"ll only be re-doing the upper body discs, though...

Erin: I hope DS is feeling better soon, and that you don't catch it! (Isn't that almost impossible when they get sick :confused: )

Wiggie: I have a few Jillian DVDs and I get them from the library or netflix from time to time. They're usually good for a short, intense, wo. I used to do them more often, but they aggravated my knee (that woman likes to jump!)

Kris: Glad to have you doing STS w/me! We'll be doing most of the rotation together this time! (just in diff order, lol, since I'm going the opposite direction, now). You are so right that your results will be more than awesome w/the eats under control! Are you still on WW? I can't remember if you were, I think so, though...If not come join us (Katie, Erin, myself, and couple dozen other Cathletes) on MFP ;) it's fun stuff over there....

Bridget: Hope you're feeling better, and back to spinning madness! I need some "spin" motivation over here, girl!

Katie: Keep taking it easy on that back, lady! The worst thing is when we think we're outta the water, and go crazy and screw it up good, when all we had to do was take it slow (never.forget.the Achilles ~5/30/11~ RIP :( ) :rolleyes: . You're def playing it smart over there.

Wendy: I can't wait to hear how this transition back to STS wo's is gonna go for you, lol. :p People think that I'm addicted to short wo's! :eek: Well, I am when I'm not doing STS, lol. But its an adjustment for sure! Another good thing about the BR wo's is that it keeps that core involved, I have been SO slacking on ab work since I started back w/STS (so what else is new? LOL)

Good Morning.

Today was Day 3 Week 2 of The BR Challenge. Lisa's 12 minute interval and Shawn's weight work (legs/shoulders) time challenge which took me 16 mins to complete. I did the weight work first again. KILLER work out! TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH! I think the TOUGHEST of the challenge so far! :eek: LOVED IT! ;):D

Kiki:: Nice work outs! You are sooo devoted to STS. I envy that about you! IDK how you do it! You rock! :) LOL-I am petrified of the longer work outs I have in store when the STS/LIS rotation rolls around. On weekends it won't be a big deal but during the week!? :eek::eek::eek:

Erin:: OMG how terrible that DS has pneumonia! :( Many moms have an amazing ability to NOT get sick from their kids! I know when my DS was struck with a severe case of the stomach flu at Christmas time when he was just 18 months old, he got sooooo many people sick including his father but I was fine! Never got symptom one! :)

Kris:: Hope you enjoyed pilates. I always liked pilates but hated making the time for it. Same with yoga. :eek:

Wiggie:: I like Jillian's work outs. I have some of her dvd's. I just can't do a full rotation of her stuff. I can only do her dvd's in short spurts for some reason.

Nice one, Wendy! As for my STS dedication, it only comes around once a year (can you believe it's been a year since we were doing our other "new years" rotation?)! So when I'm in...I'm in! I love that I can spend the rest of the year maintaining the results, so I go all out to make the results count! I still keep my cardio to a minimum during STS, so the longer wo's even out for me. STS is only 3 days/wk, and I only do two 30 min cardio days other than that, so I actually feel like a slacker compared to most Cathletes, lol...

Kiki:: That's it? Once a year? Really? Seems like more then that! Well then I don't feel so bad coz I did the 6 month rotation in 2011 so doing the STS/LIS rotation will satisfy 2012 even though it's kinda cheating but IDC!:p

Hello Everyone!!:)

Thursday's workouts wer JM Killer Buns & Thighs & her Yoga Meltdown. I enjoyed both of them, especially the yoga. I've always wanted to get into yoga but never could. This one I'll do again. She has a different style.

Erin, hope you & Ds get well soon!!

Wendy, I looked at those & Lisa & Sean seemed to struggle a bit too!!

Great workouts Kiki!!

Kris, pilates is something I need to do more often!!

Katie, CCC core is sooo tough!!!

Have a great day Everyone!!:D

Hi ladies!

Happy Friday! Judge called a snow day today (although that roads really aren't that bad) so I got to sleep in this morning. I usually rest on Fridays but since I was home with nothing to do I decided to do Patrick's Lean Hot Body + the abs section. 70 minutes of sweaty goodness! Patrick doesn't include ANY breaks so I added in 30 seconds of marching between each interval (and sometimes during the interval :eek:). I think the gals in the video are using 8 or 10 and 12 pound weights (there is a "medium" set and a "heavy" set) so I decided to use 10# and 15# today. Felt great!

Immediately after finishing my workout I jumped to a 2+ hour conference call about the adoption. It's been a busy snow day! I'm gonna grab some lunch and then i'll be back for personals! :)

Katie

Hey Ladies!

Late check in-busy day and not done yet! Still have dinner to cook and p/b cookies to bake for the boys! :eek:

Today I went to the gym with DH. He is doing a 3 day split currently so I did today's work out with him for Back n Triceps. I was never a fan of the machines at the gym but man that was a fantastic work out!!! I am sure I will feel it tmrw! I am going to go back every sat or sun for the next 2 weeks now to finish up the split with him and then decide if I want to join or not! ;)

After we got back from the gym, ate a little lunch and rested for a few I took him into MY work out territory and had him do wk 2 day 4 of the 30 day br challenge with me! :D 12 min interval of craziness:

BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv

I did it first so he could see the moves. It was tough ESPECIALLY after such an intense weight work out! He was a trooper and did the work out but I let him off the hook after the 1st run through of the exercises. ;)

After that we got showered and went foodshopping. Next stop is a power nap and then dinner! Tonight will be family game night with drinks/snacks. :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Be back tmrw...at some point!:p LOL

Hello Everyone!!:D

Friday's workut was Insanity Pure Cardio!!:p No comment required I'm sure!! Today's so far was Rebecca Small Step to Success chased by 25 minutes of CycleMax.

Wendy sounds like you & your family are having a wonderful weekend!!:) Enjoy!!

Katie, snow day, How nice!! Hope that conference call went well!:)

Have a great weekend All!!:D

Hi ladies!

I didn't make it back yesterday...Oops. :D

Today's workout was 4DS: Upper body premix. I started with the warm-up from HIS (because for some reason the premx didn't include a warm-up). I had to cut about 10 minutes off the actual premix because of time constraints but I still got an AWESOME workout. I highly recommend this premix!

Wiggie: The word "insanity" makes me shudder. Tough workouts lady! WTG! :)

Wendy: P/B cookies sound delicious. YUM! Great job kicking butt at the gym AND at home! Using the machines to change it up was a great idea! Plus working out WITH your hubby is always a plus. ;) Have fun tonight!

Kiki: Go big or go home right? :p I'm glad you're repeating parts of Meso 3...really because i'm selfish and I like the fact that we'll be doing STS at the same time. What can I say, I like company at the gym! :D :p

Erin: How's the little one feeling? Any better? Poor thing! and poor you too!

Kris: Did you sneak in that HiiT workout? ;)

Hey y'all!

Couchmax for me today :p

Wendy: SO cool for you to support DH in his new workout routine! The upside of if you do decide to join the gym is that Cathe's wo's are portable, & I'm sure you can find some BR wo's that can translate to the gym (or do them on your non gym days)..

Wiggie: Insanity wo's intimidate me, lol. So you rock, in my book! I've never even considered taking Insanity in as a prisoner, which says a lot, :eek: lol...

Katie: yep I'm excited to do STS together, too..but I'm running outta stall tactics, soooo hurry up :p. I'm gonna have to see what that 4DS upper body premix is talkin bout when I finish STS. It sounds right up my alley (I see lots of PUB & 4DS in my posts STS future...)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.