---<~:STS 6 Month Alumni-Week Of May 16:~>---

Jo, I forgot to tell you that it did feel like an alien was trying to get out ! I have had worse pain but this was just ongoing which was worse than if it was off and on. Finally I decided to try pushing back so I got my exercise ball and put my abdomen on it and the pressure made it feel so much better...I wish I had thought about that at 11 instead of 1...lol
I don't have the original recipe in front of me but today I added 1/2 of a cup of bran cereal, which I love. Also, I do half a cup each of pecans , slivered almonds, and walnuts. On the liquid, I did 1/4 cup each of the honey, molasses, agave, and the maple syrup. That is in addition to the coconut oil and water. Then today instead of 1T of maple flavoring I did vanilla. Still very yummy. I am wondering though, since Cendrine says she makes it in her dehydrator, how big hers is. The batch of granola is huge and I fill 2 sheet pans.

I am enjoying the day. I got all the laundry done and the bed linen changed but that is about it. A lot of cat petting and lazing about going on. I am planning to cook something that can't be frozen tonight...for a change. LOL I saw I had some chicken tenders in the freezer so I thought I might try this baked panko breaded chicken recipe that I found online. I will report back if it is any good!

TTYL
Rachel

Good Morning Yall!

Just a quick in and out for me.
No real work out to speak of this morning. I just did some push ups, to get warmed up, and some superman.Then I did the extended stretch. I am am so not limber. I don't think I was too warmed up either though. I think since I am going to have extra time the next couple of weeks, I am going to try and throw in the extended stretch at least 3 times a week. Maybe I should get Cathe's stretch max. I know you have that , Jo...Should I get it? I only have done the FitTV version but I deleted it because the commercials kind of messed up the flow.

It's 5:30...better run...Just today and tomorrow left! Whoop whoop!

TTYL

Rachel

Good Morning! Busy day for me today! I have to get going to get into work, then I have foot Dr, then spinning and water aerobics tonight and need to get ready to go to mom's tomorrow (after working 1/2 day).

So, I came home last night and did CCV1 on my spin bike since it's a shorter workout (about 40 min I think) and wanted to test something having to do with my foot placement before seeing the Dr today. I don't wear bike shoes when I spin, I just use the shoe cages (or whatever they are called) and wanted to verify I'm using the ball of my foot. Anyway, also wanted to get in one more spin just in case the Dr tells me not too! :p;) Besides I won't be doing any spinning or stepping, etc. at mom's! :cool: I'll report back to you what he says this afternoon!

Rachel, I personally love Stretch Max and get more out of it then other stretches. There are 3 segments on it: one with no equipment, one with the stability ball and one with the band. I use the band the most (probably 90% of the time). They are all about 20 minutes. I think it's worth having. Also, though I know I benefit when I do yoga (not often) and other kinds of stretching, that old stretch with the band is my "go to" stretch.

Yesterday, I went to work in capri's and sandals and it got up to 75...at 2:00 a storm blew in and the temperature dropped to 54 within an hour! It was pouring rain, high winds blowing...essentially we had a winter storm! Many people have trees down and no power (we were good this time - no effects!). Isn't that bizarre?

Alright, must get going! I'll CBL after Dr! Have a great day!

Rachel, also, thank you for the input on the granola! So based on what you're saying for size, I suspect Cendrine is probably putting the granola on 4 racks in the dehydrator (maybe 3). The dehydrator racks are square...I'd have to measure, I think they are about the same width as a cookie sheet but obviously not as long. Oh, and I just realized...I wanted to make this at mom's but won't have my dehydrator! Doh! Well we can put it in the oven. I am taking my juicer with me this time to make her some of my delicious juices! :D Oh and I'm taking my dehydrated canteloupe and apples w/cinnamon I did last weekend.

Good evening!
One more day and we should be done for a little while anyhow. There is another phase to this job but it doesn't start till mid June. I am not sure if we will be off that whole time or if we will have a small job in the mean time. I am going to try not to think about that for a little while though:rolleyes::D

I am trying to make a list of what I want to accomplish while we are off so that everyday is not wasted. Sometimes that happens to me. I feel like I have plenty of time and then it is all gone! So hopefully not this time!

Jo-Thanks for the input on stretch max..I think I am going to get it along with a BOSU ball. I have not bought anything fitness in a while and I am itching for something.
I would have done the same thing with the spinning before going to the Dr. My Dh hates it when I do stuff like that:rolleyes: but I feel like I am about to be deprived and I get desperate. So what did the doc say? Are you cleared or are they amputating..?LOL
I am sure the granola is better in the dehydrator, even though I have no idea why but it is really good from the oven too. I can attest to that!;)

Hello Kim and Cendrine!
Better go wind down for bed.
I am really getting amped up for the March rotation that I am starting on Monday!

TTYT
Rachel

Oh my gosh! We had the total RESORT NIGHT tonight at the gym! I worked my A$$ off in spinning! Then GF and I went and I worked her Abs off (mine too! and then helped her with weights. Our other GF left after spinning as she had a migraine come on! (hanging around me too much!) :eek: Anyway, then we went to water aerobics and SHE worked our A$$ off!!! Holy Moly! Then we did 1/2 hour in the therapy pool, and about 20 minutes in the sauna.

Okay so the Dr thinks I have bursitis in that heel but the pain isn't 100% consistent with bursitis :confused:. They took X-rays and didn't see anything. Anyway he put me on anti-inflammatories for 4 weeks, I'm supposed to ice 3 times a day and then see him again in 3 weeks. Also, (and I have to tell you I thought about this - listen to your intuition right?) well, at home when I'm doing aerobics, I wear Rykas that have lots of cushion and I workout on my mats which have lots of cushion. I took my shoes I've been wearing at the gym (my Asics running shoes) and he said they are totally wrong for my feet. They are for more over-pronation and I have a more normal stance and because they don't have as much cushion, are actually causing pressure on that place on the outside of my heel. He gave me a list of cushion running shoes I should choose from. Oddly enough, the reason I have those Asics was from having someone watching me run at the running store! Ughh! He also so, I don't have to stop doing anything I'm doing unless I'm uncomfortable. Oh, and these shoes don't affect spinning (duh) just BodyJam and BodyCombat and those other aerobics classes I was doing. I had considered taking my Rykas but they're my INSIDE shoes! (They're not allowed out of the house!) Are you guys that way about your workout shoes? I have my "outside inside" shoes for all my Cathe workouts and then I have my "outside outside" shoes for when I do the trails... I'm crazy I know, but I have specific shoes I wear at home for cardio, a different pair for spinning and yet another pair for when I do weights! I know too many shoes.... So I was wearing a pair of "outside outside" shoes at the gym! Anyway, somewhere along the line I remember thinking: "I wonder if these shoes have enough cushion for this workout" one night when I was at Body Combat. One more thing, the Dr said I was very anatomically and architecturally sound! Didn't suggest I need orthotics or anything...AND he said I have exceptional flexibility in my feet (except the one that hurts right now).

I had to save that post as I was afraid something might happen to it... to continue...

I was very happy with this Dr and for once, I have a Dr that is very FIT! I was really impressed. He is the foot Dr for the Sounders and the Seahawks.

Rachel, glad you're going to get the BOSU! I really do like mine and have enjoyed using it more again. I think I told you that besides using it for weights and abs, I've actually used it for Step with some of the older Cathe workouts that have less choreography. Fun to do but does require a day when you're well rested and have extra energy! It adds a whole new level of intensity! Also, you have to be careful and pay attention as you can easily turn an ankle! Oh yeah, and I had to laugh at your comment about getting in an extra workout if Dr said no workout...Dh did ask me what am I thinking when I worked legs yesterday and then got another spin in!!??? LOL! Glad things are wrapping up for you!

Last thing, I have too much going on at work so won't be leaving for mom's until Saturday morning. I should wrap things up early afternoon but since it's Friday, if I leave late in the day, it'll take me up to another 90 minutes and make the trip close to 6 hours. So, I called mom and said I'll just leave Saturday morning. Sorry to go on and on...I have to get to bed as I have a presentation in the morning!

Okay, DH is telling me to get to bed! I'll CB with you tomorrow! I'm so RELIEVED I can still workout! Yippeeee!!! Of course it probaby will help to have a little down time at mom's next week!

Okay have a great day tomorrow! You know I'll be BACK! :p

Oh I know what I forgot...the Dr said if it's not better in 3 weeks then they'll give me a shot but bottomline, this is an easily fixable problem!

Ok Maybe my last quickie for a while..lol Whoopy LAST DAY!!!!

Jo It is so weird that you said something about your inside workout shoes! Since I have been using my vibrams I have not used my other inside shoes for anything else so today I am going to wear them to work! That is just too weird since I don't think we have talked about that yet...We are all totally connected!
I am so glad you got some good feed back from the dr. Sometimes you go to the dr and wonder what the heck you are paying them for when the nurse did all the work but it sounds like this guy knows his stuff!

Today it was 4DS Kickbox for me. Hopefully I will be moving on to my longer workouts Monday. I still am not sure what I am going to do about tomorrow. I can not make up my mind if I want to take the whole weekend off or bust out a circuit tomorrow!

OK better go

TTYL
Rachel

Hi Guys,

just another quick pop in for me. The weather is getting nicer this weekend so we are planning some nice mountain trips for the next three days. Today we were at the chocolate factory and it was so much fun! The end of the tour had a tasting room and there was this huge 'bar' you could walk around and lots of platters with all different types of chocolates and you were not limited (of course after a few pieces you are so sugared out you just don't want to try any more) but basically you could hang out there and just keep trying stuff and they would keep bringing more!!!! Then they had a fun cafe where they served the best ever hot chocolate (of course I couldn't resist getting the hot chocolate mix! LOL!) and they had a fun playground for the kids with structures for the kids to climb on that looked like the chocolates you could buy inside the store. It is brand new, the tour before that must have been a lot more boring, this new remodel of the factory tour was done very well and I am very glad we went. Several friends and family members joined us on the trip so we had lots of fun on the way there and back as well.

Ok, not so quick as I though....:rolleyes:

By the way, the granola does cover about 4 trays and since I make a double batch, it takes up the whole dehydrator... I love changing things around too! I put in sunflower seeds and omit the sesame seeds, one time I put in pumpkin seeds and I like my flavors with only agave the maple and honey is too strong a flavor for me.

Gotta go!

Goodness, we were at the design centre today picking out our options and was that overwhelming. My head is still spinning. It really was not enough time and the designer kept reminding us of the time:confused: She knew so much and I know nothing. Half the time I just stared at her blankly.

We picked everything you can can think of, starting with the outside paint, garage door colour, stucco, stones, eavestrough, soffits, shingles, deck railings. Then inside door handles, flooring, interior doors, paint, plumbing fixtures, lighting fixtures, cabinets, counter tops, brick for fireplaces, back splashes, baseboards, etc. I should have done more research! I didn't know where to start and all in 3 hours! It was crazy! I have no idea how it will all look together. The one thing that DH and I are still thinking about is upgrading the kitchen cabinets as we went with oak (cheap) but would prefer something more expensive. We're upgrading so many other things that this house is getting more and more expensive though. We have till Wednesday to decide about any changes. Then we went to the technology centre and decided about cable,phone, alarms, speakers, etc.

Rachael I would vote for Stretch Max! It's definitely nice options to have.
I enjoy the stretch with the ball and the one with the band. Enjoy your weekend after your busy week!

Jo Enjoy the time with your mom! Glad you found a good dr to look at your foot!

Cendrine The chocolate factory sounds like so much fun! I'm glad that you're having a great trip! Maybe we'll meet at the Disney Cathe roadtrip;);)

I've finished the first week of Insanity and so far so good. I'm just going to keep going with it! I'm good to do the 1st workout of week 2 tomorrow and then take SUnday off. We're heading to my mom's cottage tomorrow and will stay till Monday. Sounds like she has quite a chore list for us:rolleyes:

OMG!!! It's over IT"S REALLY OVER!!!!
Of course I am sure there will be some odds and ends to tie up sometime next week but as far as we are concerned our part is done. I do not even know how to feel about this one. We really got along good with the superintendent on this job and his son was our age. (He was his assistant.) Normally we get along with the guys running the job but it stays at the job. I think this is going to become a good friendship. In fact DH is going to their deer lease on Sunday to ride four wheelers. DH does not hunt but he likes to ride. Thank goodness it is not deer season! I don't think DH could handle that. We are not much into killing stuff around here. Heck, we even relocate the snakes...lol

I don't even know how to feel about tomorrow off, or the rest of the week for that matter! I am really trying to make a mission plan so that I have something consistent to stick to and I will not procrastinate things that I know I need to get done!

I am still on the fence about the road trip. I want to go but hopefully we will be going on our trip to the Grand Canyon (if DH does not change the location) and that will all fall really close together. So I am not sure yet if I can commit to both of those things. But then I am also afraid that Cathe might not have another TX road trip. ugghhh dilemma

Kim-I can not imagine how over whelming that must have been! When you think of building a house all those things do not come to mind. It would have been nice if they could have given you some kind of packet to tell you what to expect so that you might have been able to prepare more! I would not have thought of half those things...Even if I had researched stuff , I am sure I would have not thought about door handles or soffit color!
I hope you mom does not work you too hard this weekend and you get to enjoy some of your week end!

Cendrine-It sounds like the weather is getting better which is always a great thing when you are on vacation.
If I were you, I would have been all over that chocolate and I would have snatched up the hot chocolate mix too. I mean how often is real swiss hot chocolate mix going to be available to you. When we were in Croatia, we ate gelato every day! And I do mean every day! I did not have one ounce of guilt about it so I hope it is the same for you!

Jo-I forgot to comment on your massive work out! I do not know how you do it but you are super woman in my book! I hope you have a safe trip to your Mom's and I hope the driving time flies by for you.

OK off to shower and wash the last of this job out of my hair!
TTYT

Rachel

Hi Girls! Hopefully I can catch up a little later but just wanted to say...my GOSH I had a busy day today! I thought I could get out by 1:00 and I just got home and it's 7:00! Now I have to go get myself packed so will try and check back a little later. If not, I'll have more time when I get to mom's!

Cendrine, great to hear from you! Oh my gosh...CHOCOLATE! WOW! That sounds like a lot of decadent fun! Sounds like you're busy but having a good time!

Kim, I'm overwhelmed reading about what you had to do! Oh my gosh, it is a lot of decisions to make in a short amount of time! I'm sure it'll turn out wonderful! It's really easy to get over your budget real fast! Besides feeling a little overwhelmed, did you feel good about what you picked? I hope you enjoy your weekend at the cottage! I'll be doing chores too! :D

Rachel, YEAH and CONGRATS on the job! Glad it turned out so well with the relationship! Remember back in the beginning you thought the super was a little skeptical of you guys? I knew you'd prove to him what you're made of and it'll just lead to more good references for you I'm sure! I know what you mean about riding the fence on the road trip. I really wanted to go but as you know couldn't swing it this year. And when I had met Cendrine and we talked about it, we were both weighing the cost of the RT vs buying more workouts from her in the future! Going to the Grand Canyon would be awesome and that's something I want to do. Hopefully you can do both! :cool: Rachel, I'm not really superwoman! You'd be surprised at what you can do when you want to and having FUN!! I'm really big on FUN!

Okay, I got to go pack!

One more quick post. I'm just eating breakfast then off to shower and go! It looks like it's going to be a rainy day drive for me today!

While at mom's I'm going to go get new workout shoes since they don't have sales tax there (save a few $$).

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll check back later!

Well I'm dripping wet from my Insanity workout! Enjoying these workouts more the second time through.

Going to have a shower and then pack up, have a light lunch and head to the cottage. We're taking our camper and parking it beside the cottage so will have some privacy. My whole family will be there so should be 13 people. Of course, it's been very hot and sunny for 2 weeks and now the holiday weekend is here, its cooler and rainy:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jo What a busy girl you are! Enjoy shoe shopping, it's always fun to get a new pair. I always get New Balance for crosstrainers and Asics for running. I'm pretty happy with our choices except for the oak cabinets still thinking about the stained maple. Would be about a $6,000 upgrade though.

Rachael I'm hoping you're sleeping in and enjoying your first day off!!! I'm sure you'll find lots of fun things to do with your days off. That's great that you had such a good relatinship with your coworkers this time around. I know what you mean about the trip. A Cathe roadtrip would be so neat but it's a big cost that could go to family time together. It's a hard decision.

Have a great weekend!

Good Afternoon Guys...

I know you are all probably gone but I am going to chat yall up anyway:p

I started off the morning with Circuit Blast and that is a deceptively tough workout. I think the very first exercise of the first chapter seems short and then when you get into it your like...OH OK! lol It was a lot of fun for me this time around though! I think you said you did not like it , Jo...I can't remember...but I found it pretty fun this time around so maybe it grows on ya!

After I got that done, I loaded myself up and headed to the paint store. What a difference it makes to go to a store that specializes in paint instead of the run of the mill hardware store. When I was on my way I was worried that I would not be able to convey my idea well enough for them to help me conceptualize it but I did not even have to explain too much before he was on his way around the store getting this can and that can and we were on our way. I am getting more excited and less worried now that I am seeing the results that are closer to what I am picturing in my head. After DH inspects what I have brought home for him to look at then I will head back tomorrow and hopefully get started tomorrow. There are going to be about four steps to getting the desired look but most of it is easy!

After that it was time to shop! I headed to all my fave stores. TJ Maxx was the first stop. I love all their house wares and things. Then it was the mall where I got some new jeans and some really cool shirts...and then to Kohl's. I was in need of some new sheets and was hoping to luck out. I did! Not only were they having a sale but they were also doing a promotion that if you signed up for a Kohl's card you got an additional 30% off!!! So the sheets were marked down half off and then I got another 30 % off that! So both sets that were normally 100.oo were only about 25 with tax!!! What a steal! I felt like a criminal walking out of there! LOL Especially since I know I will never use that card and I paid off my balance right then!

All in all I would say I have had a great day!

Jo-I hope you have a safe trip to your Mom's! The rainy drive stinks though! And no matter what you say you are always going to be super woman to me!

Kim-I know the 6000 dollar price tag is steep but I think that if you are planning to spend the rest of your life in this house or at least the majority of it then go for the cabinets! I know if it were me I would regret it and I think you might too if you are already eyeing them!
As far as the RT goes...it is honestly a hard decision for me. DH and I normally do our vacations together and I would feel guilty about taking a vacation without him. I know we are codependent:eek:

Cendrine-I hope you are having fun!

Better go
TTYL
Rachel

Well once again I typed a big post to you guys, but instead of me loosing it, I lost my broadband connection and IT WIPED out my post! Uggghhh!!!

Anyway, know that I wrote a beautiful post, lost it and need to go to bed so will try and recapture it all in the morning!

Highlights were:

I made it but it rained heavily most of the way. My sister was here when I got here and we all visited until I took her home this evening (she doesn't drive)

Kim, I agree with Rachel, get the extra options if you have it in your budget...you won't regret it! Have a great time this weekend!

Rachel, major score on your purchases! I'm PROUD of ya! Can't wait to hear more about your paint project. Are you starting March rotation?

I'm tired...going to bed...bummed I lost my POST ... it was beautiful! :cool:

Hey Guys,

time is flying by here, it is hard to believe. We are just planning out our last three days of activities before heading back to the airport on Thursday! We had awesome weather today, so we went up a mountain near Interlaken by cablecar, rented scooters and scooted our way down the mountain. They had little scooters for ds and I took dd on the front of my scooter, they all enjoyed it. Tomorrow we are going on a local 'mountain' in Bern where if the weather plays along you can see the whole panorama of alps all around you. We are going to do a 'find your own wood' fire and cook our food on sticks like I grew up doing. I know the kids will love that since there is hardly an opportunity for them to do it that way in California because of all the firehazards. Should be fun! Then we will plan another trip to the real alps for some closeup views. It's the last nice day forecast, so we are going to take the opportunity. On Wednesday it should rain, so we will go visit the glasblowing factory where the kids will be able to blow their own piece and play with a marble run with glass marbles, supposedly some 10 feet high. It's too bad that time flies so when you are having fun! Sorry I don't have time for personals, will pick up on that when things get back to normal....:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.