~~~>STS 6 Month Alumni - October 3<~~~

Rachel, I forget, when is your birthday? It is nice when you find someone who does your hair just the way you like it. Once you find someone it's hardly worth it to switch even if prices go up or they move farther away.... both of which have happened with my hairdresser...LOL! I so need to go get a little trim!

So I took today off from workout to try and give my back a fighting chance. I made the cake and stacked it and did the initial icing around to lock in moisture. Now I have to go get more stuff to do the detail work.... Turns out I didn't read the instructions right about Yoda's head, so it's not as good as I'd hoped.... Hopefully I can make it work by cheating with extra layers of fondant....;) My main worry right now is that the ears will stay put....LOL! Maybe I should make them and not mount them on until right before the serving of the cake, so they don't have a chance to become rebellious and take a hike....:eek:

Jo, Kim, I hope you are having a good day today!

LOL Cendrine! That is too funny. I swear we are alike when it comes to stuff like that!
I am sure it is going to be the coolest cake. You have to post pics.
You are right. I hate to change hair dressers. In fact I think I followed my last one to 6 different locations in as many yrs. I would have stayed with him too but he just kind of started getting flaky. I think he was going through some stuff but it is alot for me to be able to have time for a hair appt. most of the time and when he was late consecutively and then did not show up the last time when I had my reunion that same day...well I was pretty p.oed. That is when my bf's sister fit me in and I just owe a lot of gratitude for that.

Anyhow nothing going on here but minor cramps. ugghh so it is going to be a lazy night for me! Hope you are all having a great Friday.

Don't stress Cendrine, You are great at cakes..this one will be no different. I think it is great though, how much you care.

Cake is done as far as it can for now.... Those ears feel heavy, I tell you...LOL!
I felt like a plastic surgeon making Yoda's face. I put the cheeks too high, so I found myself trying to fill in 'fat' south of the cheekbones and then try to smooth and blend a flap of thin fondant over it without leaving any 'scars' LOL! The things you get yourself into when you have kids, I would never have dreamed of it....:rolleyes: Well, the fondant batch I made was better to work with than the first batch I made for dd, and the one I bought because I knew I would not have enough was so soft it kept loosing it's shape.... So more powdered sugar to knead into.... But I can at least say now that I have a pretty good idea of what I can and can't do with fondant and stay sane....:eek:

Well, I'm going to chill too, Rachel, we are on the same track ;)

The whole family just relaxed last night same as you guys! I found that everyone was grumpy and overtired and we sure didn't do much. I didn't get in a workout yesterday, I'm noticing that often Fridays I end up skipping. I guess I'm just really tired by the end of the week and hard to do that workout. I might start planning for it to be my day off.
Going to try and get IMAX 2 in today but it is a busy day with swimming lessons, piano lessons, and Thanksgiving dinner at my MIL's place. My family is out at the cottage but we're staying in town to attend the dinner tonight then will head to the cottage for the rest of the weekend. (Monday is a holiday here)

Hope you have a great birthday Rachael!!! Any plans?? I'm sure your hair looks great! Well with the new hairdresser, you have lots to talk about since you already know each other. I dislike having a new hairdresser that I have to make conversation with for hours. I really need to get my grey touched up but my hairdresser was getting married in October and was off for a couple of weeks.

Cendrine I'm just wondering what is the cause of your neck/back pain? Is is muscle, bone, ligament? Did you ever get a diagnosis?

I have a good giggle with the plastic surgeon comment. What a big job to make a cake! I'm sure ds will be super happy! Have fun at the party, it's today right??

Hope you're doing okay Jo!

I've missed you guys! Golly what a week! I'm sitting here having my Saturday morning coffee enjoying some quiet time! :D

I was up until 1:00 last night trying to get my big project finished AND my psychology assignment. I probably just have another hour to go on the big project and I'll be done. Then I need to spend a couple hours studying for my psych test, take it, and then I can put this week behind me! I've spent over 20 hours on my data project! Then at work, as I mentioned the other day, we did layoff's and I had to take over a department, so had to meet with HR, have a department meeting, set my expectations, yadda yadda, which takes time to do. Then one of the girls in the department, her husband was put in the hospital Thursday and is in critical condition as he's bleeding internally and then don't know where from (they think he'll be okay though). BUT, I made time to go spin both Tuesday and Thursday nights but then I was back home immediately doing homework! Oh forgot last part. And, we were supposed to have gone clamming yesterday on the coast with friends for the weekend (and obviously I didn't) so I told DH to go anyway. He doesn't like to go without me but I insisted he go. He's staying in our friends camper with them. Ahhhhh deep breath!

Aside from all that, Thursday was the FUNNEST SPIN EVER!!!! (Yes, I worked my A$$ off!!) I decided to plop myself in the front row and I hooted, yelped and hollered! :eek: That's fitness talk for Jo made lots of noise! :D It was a lively class! Oh, no, I wasn't the only one making lots of noise! LOL!

I'm still a little behind on reading the posts....but Rachel, I'll bet you look mah-ve-lous darling! So what Jillian DVD are you doing? (Sorry if you said and I missed it :eek:) I had bought GF a Jillian when she started weightloss journey but I forget which one.

Cendrine, do you wear good shoes with support even when you're in the house? I know when I had back injury I wore aerobic shoes all the time. I hated taking anti-inflammatories as they made me sleepy. I just kept doing lots of stretching. Sounds like you're creating another cake masterpiece!

Kim, that's right, Monday is your Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving! Friday has always been a good rest day for me too as I'm always wiped out by the end of the week. You've got a busy weekend too!

Okay, off to the shower. I'm going to finish homework, then reward myself with a good workout this afternoon! I'd workout first, but I've got that nagging feeling to go finish homework so I won't have a good workout if I can't give it my full attention!

Ahhhh....it's a good day! :D

Yea Saturday ..Boo 93 degrees...LOL

Well I woke up late late late this morning so instead of getting a workout in right off, I lazed around in my workout clothes half the morning. haha I finally decided I had to do a little something so I dug out the only non Cathe workout I have (someone gave it to me). Since I am taking it easy this week I did not want to risk going all out on Cathe.:D I forgot exactly why I did not like this workout so much. It is a Kathy Smith workout. Now I remember. I have been spoiled to Cathe being so awesome and just busting out all the moves no problem. I am not used to the instructor "acting" like she is having such a hard time with it.:rolleyes: I would rather they be awesome.
I still got a sweat which is all I really wanted anyway. I think I have realized that a workout changes my mood so much. If I don't get one in, I feel kind of hum drum but if I do, I feel so much better. Most of the time.

Cendrine-I am sure the party is either in full swing or you are running around like a chicken getting it ready. I hope it all goes great. I am sure that the cake looks great and even if it doesn't I know it tastes great!
I am trying to figure out something to cook myself for my birthday tomorrow. I am still not sure what I am going to do.

Jo-I hope you enjoy a nice quiet house. I love to work out in an empty house. I think it is just because it rarely happens. I feel like I jump higher and clap louder and just have alot more fun.
Twenty hrs is a long to spend on a project! What did you have to do?
The Jillian thing was Yoga Meltdown. I should have known it would not be that hard but since I have seen her work the people hard on TBL, I was thinking it would be a little tough.

Kim-Happy early Thanksgiving. I think it is one of my favorite holidays here. I just love all the types of food that you have at this time of yr. Are yalls traditional foods for Thanksgiving the same as our? i.e. Turkey , dressing, etc.
I am not sure what DH has planned yet but I have been hinting that I want to be outside for my b-day so hopefully he got the hint...haha You know guys though, I probably should have just told him. I such a dork though, I still like to be surprised.

Have a great rest of the day!

Alrighty!!! Psychology done and I'm SURE I got them all right! (But we'll see!). Okay, just finish up my other project then off to workout!

Rachel, my project is: we were given this file (about 2200 records) of sales data. Then we had to sort, filter, chart, graph, do pivot tables, trend charts etc. to slice and dice the data a number of ways to perform an analysis. You have to do a minimum of three different types of analysis, evaluate the data, write up conclusions and then make recommendations for this company. I also built a Statistics calculator (not required) so you could look at the data in any configuration on the fly. In reality, it's not that hard but it's very time consuming to figure out the best ways to present data and do all the charts. So I have a big Excel workbook to turn in with about 12 different scenarios. Then I have to merge some of that into a word document and write a report with all my conclusions, supporting data and recommendations. My document is about 8 pages. I just have some finishing formatting touches to put on it and I think I'm done. It's one of those projects where I could keep messing and messing with it forever!

Rachel I can't believe it's 93!!! I got up to 46 degrees this morning. Oh my goodness, Kathy Smith brings back some memories! I had her first VHS workouts waaaayyyy back! :p But that was like 1986 or something (did I say that?) Errr...I mean I got the workout on DVD a few years ago...yea that's it...just a few years ago...I meant 2006! :D

Going to go get the laundry going and then finish up here!

HELLLOOOO OUT THERE!!!!!! ;):cool::D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.